Please tell me what you think, iphone 3gs or blackberry 9700?
    02-27-10 11:09 PM
    Pretty sure that you are going to get the same response from everyone on this iPhone forum. It's the iPhone 3GS and it really is not even close. That said it all depends on what you are looking for in a smartphone. If Email is your #1 priority then the Berry is still better for that. But as far as everything else goes the iPhone is just leaps and bounds beyond what any Berry can do.
    02-27-10 11:14 PM
    My uncle's 9700 is pretty cool, but I like my iPhone more.

It's just personal preference. Try using both and find out which you prefer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 11:16 PM
    As stated, the best thing to do is use both devices to find which one you like better. I own both devices and although I prefer my 9700, I must admit they both compliment each other well. If you're looking for the all around multimedia experience then the 3GS is for you. If you're big on the messaging aspect, you may prefer the 9700. It just all depends.

02-28-10 01:54 AM
    Agree, try both iPhone is a great touch screen! Bb bold is very nice, just personal preference. Can't go wrong with either one, the os for bb seems too outdated for me. Had the curve and loved it, tried the iPhone and it was better

02-28-10 08:16 AM
    I would have to say it is totally a personal preference. I love the messenger on the BB the battery life blows away an iphone as well. Not to mention it does have a free password keeper program. Now the iPhone's interface is waaaayyy better than the BB but I did have a few complaints for the 3 days I had my 3GS. Battery is life is horrible, I could never get my charter email to push or even get it setup, even with att help. The lack of a good FREE password keeper is a turn off for me as well as the not being able to customize the snot out of ringers and tones for SMS, MMS and such. I could find a way to compromise on the software downfalls but I can not live attached to the power outlet on the wall.

Just my .02

Chris
    02-28-10 08:37 PM
    To me this question\answer would be a personal choice. For email, it's the Blackberry hands down, and internet related items, it's the iPhone, period...
    03-01-10 06:56 AM
    iPhone would be my choice rather for business or pleasure but you have to like touch screen devices. If you like a physical keyboard then the 9700 is your choice, and for the guy above me get with the times the iPhone has push email (MOBILEME) and its cheaper then the Blackberry plan you should have went with battery that about all the blackberry has over the iPhone anymore.
    03-01-10 07:01 AM
    I switched back to a iPhone because I was way too connected with my 9700. I still get my office push email through exchange so that's no big deal as well as 2 other accounts. The only issue I have is the battery life is not as good and the vibrate and email/SMS tones are very weak.
    03-01-10 07:20 AM
    Please tell me what you think, Toyota Avalon or Ford F350 4x4?
    03-01-10 07:27 AM
    Please tell me what you think, Toyota Avalon or Ford F350 4x4?
    F350 ftw.. twin turbs at that.., then of course get it chipped or flashed!
    03-01-10 07:41 AM
    I switched back to a iPhone because I was way too connected with my 9700. I still get my office push email through exchange so that's no big deal as well as 2 other accounts. The only issue I have is the battery life is not as good and the vibrate and email/SMS tones are very weak.
    hahaha thats so funny, i switched for the same exact reason. with my blackberry work literally never stopped i was always being bbm'd and it was stressing me out like crazy. with my iphone though i can have a life with my family and they like it much better. i still have all my email pushed to me via exchange on my workphone and mobile me on my personal device.
    03-01-10 07:50 AM
    It's all personal preference. Both phone has some features that the other does not, but in my opinion the iPhone wins is almost every area. A lot of people will say if you want a better emailing device then get a blackberry. Personally, I don't think the blackberry email is that much better. In fact, it lacks certain features that a "premiere" emailing device should have. Yes push email is good but I have push on my yahoo mail account and can have it on the rest with MobileMe. And really, has there ever been a life or death situation that was decided because you got your email, 5 mins later than it was sent? But the blackberry, truncated emails, no ability to view all the folders on your email account (for those that like to stay organized) and the html is a joke.

So in my opinion, the iPhone email is better in terms of features. The one thing the iPhone needs in the native email app is to be able to save attachments and add attachments that are not pictures. But the good thing about the iPhone is "there's an app for that". I "quickoffice" that is a file manager as well allows you to view/edit/create documents. So this fills the gap in regards to the native email attachment shortcomings.

But as stated earlier by a lot of folks, it will come down to personal preference. I was a die hard blackberry user for years until the iPhone came out and last year I went completely with the iPhone and now when I pick up a blackberry, I just can't see myself going back with the way the OS is now. The iPhone wins in every multimedia area and most of the gaps can be filled by jailbreaking or finding a app in the store. So to me iPhone wins just about everywhere, but remember, that's just me. Try each phone out for yourself and think about what types of features you would like your device to have that goes with your lifestyle and make your own informed decision because if you ask this same question in the 9700 forums you'd get certain answers over there.
    03-01-10 08:08 AM
    It's all personal preference. Both phone has some features that the other does not, but in my opinion the iPhone wins is almost every area. A lot of people will say if you want a better emailing device then get a blackberry. Personally, I don't think the blackberry email is that much better. In fact, it lacks certain features that a "premiere" emailing device should have. Yes push email is good but I have push on my yahoo mail account and can have it on the rest with MobileMe. And really, has there ever been a life or death situation that was decided because you got your email, 5 mins later than it was sent? But the blackberry, truncated emails, no ability to view all the folders on your email account (for those that like to stay organized) and the html is a joke.

So in my opinion, the iPhone email is better in terms of features. The one thing the iPhone needs in the native email app is to be able to save attachments and add attachments that are not pictures. But the good thing about the iPhone is "there's an app for that". I "quickoffice" that is a file manager as well allows you to view/edit/create documents. So this fills the gap in regards to the native email attachment shortcomings.

But as stated earlier by a lot of folks, it will come down to personal preference. I was a die hard blackberry user for years until the iPhone came out and last year I went completely with the iPhone and now when I pick up a blackberry, I just can't see myself going back with the way the OS is now. The iPhone wins in every multimedia area and most of the gaps can be filled by jailbreaking or finding a app in the store. So to me iPhone wins just about everywhere, but remember, that's just me. Try each phone out for yourself and think about what types of features you would like your device to have that goes with your lifestyle and make your own informed decision because if you ask this same question in the 9700 forums you'd get certain answers over there.
    yea when it comes to email i totally agree with you a blackberry user can't talk to me about their device being better at email anymore because i have push email the same push they have with my work iphone via exchange and my personal iphone via mobile me, so a bb user has nothing on me when they mention email. the only thing as i always say is the bb user has battery life on me out of the box. I have a car charger and home charger though so my battery never dies
    03-01-10 08:12 AM
    So besides having a chargers everywhere for the iPhone what do people do to keep the battery life up and going??

Chris
    03-01-10 08:27 AM
    So besides having a chargers everywhere for the iPhone what do people do to keep the battery life up and going??

Chris
    chargers everywhere is a bit of an exaggeration a car charger and a house charger or dock is what most mobile phone users have, now the frequency in which we used them opposed to other platforms mainly just the blackberry 9700, and some Nokia phones is different.

To conserve battery life we also do the samethings other platforms do turn off wifi when your not using it, cut off 3G when your not using it. you can make you device stop pulling emails for you and do it manually. or be smart and just do google sync if you have google, and get emails pushed or mobile me to recieve push email to conserve battery life. Drop the brightness setting on your iphone keep auto-lock on, and turn on airplane mode when your in an area where you dont have service or wifi so it doesnt constantly waste battery searching, and thats various ways to save battery life, and that applies for every platform across the board.
    03-01-10 08:34 AM

Chris
    One of the reasons why the blackberry's battery life is so much better is because of the fact that the iPhone is way more data intensive. For instance, iPhone you have real html email and a real browser. Also because of teh capabilities of the iPhone you are doing so many more things that drain the battery. The reason blackberry battery last a lot longer is because it's a lot of plain text and it doesn't have a lot of the features of the iPhone which means people are less likely to be as data intensive on it. I mean if you love blackberry email and messaging capability and hate watching youtube vids on it, hate the browser and media player then course you're battery will last 3 days because you aren't doing anything on it that drains the battery.

Having said that, the 3GS battery is way better than the 3G. I usually make it through a full day at work 8am-6pm on one charge with checking email, texting, facebook, RSS feeds some browsing and beejive instant messaging. If I stream radio then I definitely will run out quicker but it's way better than the 3G ever was. Some things people can do is dim the screen (just a little helps a lot), if getting email instantly isn't a priority, change your fetch times (as this drains more than push).

Also, most smartphone users have a car charger and home charger and data intensive users on ANY platform have some sort of way of charger when they aren't in the car or home especially if you work in an office. My boss keeps is blackberry hooked up to the charger. So for most people, extending battery life is the same across the board for every smartphone. Some are better at it than others, but then again, some do more than others.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-01-10 at 08:50 AM.
    03-01-10 08:46 AM
    yea when it comes to email i totally agree with you a blackberry user can't talk to me about their device being better at email anymore because i have push email the same push they have with my work iphone via exchange and my personal iphone via mobile me, so a bb user has nothing on me when they mention email. the only thing as i always say is the bb user has battery life on me out of the box. I have a car charger and home charger though so my battery never dies
    Yeah if all blackberry has to hang it's hat on is having better battery life then they've got a long way to go because I can recharge my iPhone, but can't do anything about that blackberry OS.
    03-01-10 08:51 AM
    One of the reasons why the blackberry's battery life is so much better is because of the fact that the iPhone is way more data intensive. For instance, iPhone you have real html email and a real browser. Also because of teh capabilities of the iPhone you are doing so many more things that drain the battery. The reason blackberry battery last a lot longer is because it's a lot of plain text and it doesn't have a lot of the features of the iPhone which means people are less likely to be as data intensive on it. I mean if you love blackberry email and messaging capability and hate watching youtube vids on it, hate the browser and media player then course you're battery will last 3 days because you aren't doing anything on it that drains the battery.

Having said that, the 3GS battery is way better than the 3G. I usually make it through a full day at work 8am-6pm on one charge with checking email, texting, facebook, RSS feeds some browsing and beejive instant messaging. If I stream radio then I definitely will run out quicker but it's way better than the 3G ever was. Some things people can do is dim the screen (just a little helps a lot), if getting email instantly isn't a priority, change your fetch times (as this drains more than push).

Also, most smartphone users have a car charger and home charger and data intensive users on ANY platform have some sort of way of charger when they aren't in the car or home especially if you work in an office. My boss keeps is blackberry hooked up to the charger. So for most people, extending battery life is the same across the board for every smartphone. Some are better at it than others, but then again, some do more than others.
    same here i usually make it through my days now on a single charge but there are those days where it gets ungodly busy where its not possible and ill have to charge my phone during lunchtime to make it through the day.
    03-01-10 08:52 AM
    Yeah if all blackberry has to hang it's hat on is having better battery life then they've got a long way to go because I can recharge my iPhone, but can't do anything about that blackberry OS.
    hahahaha very true all they have is battery life and once ichat hits the iphone OS hopefully in this 4G release although im just saying that because i don't need it, but once that comes along they better pray the iphones battery doesnt get better or they wont have anything to talk about or a reason for even staying on the platform.
    03-01-10 08:54 AM
    hahahaha very true all they have is battery life and once ichat hits the iphone OS hopefully in this 4G release although im just saying that because i don't need it, but once that comes along they better pray the iphones battery doesnt get better or they wont have anything to talk about or a reason for even staying on the platform.
    Agreed. If we get iChat and a better battery life and just some of the little tweaks then it's over. I don't don't wanna hear RIM finally upgraded the browser and got threaded text and blah blah blah. RIM has a lot to do to even catch up with Apple and Google.
    03-01-10 09:02 AM
    Both are great. It's like asking BMW or Mercedez and not to sound cliche but it really comes down to user's preferences and needs.
    03-01-10 11:22 AM
    Get a Storm 2 and it will do what the 9700 won't. Bigger screen, 18GB memory, and touch screen. Download Opera Mini Beta 2 and its just as good as Safari along with the embedded Internet Explorer and FireFox your good to go. It's pretty much an iPhone without the useless apps.
    03-02-10 08:27 PM
    Also without the useful apps.

03-02-10 10:10 PM
    Get a Storm 2 and it will do what the 9700 won't. Bigger screen, 18GB memory, and touch screen. Download Opera Mini Beta 2 and its just as good as Safari along with the embedded Internet Explorer and FireFox your good to go. It's pretty much an iPhone without the useless apps.
    Just stop it, Opera is not as good as Safari, I know I have used them both many times. And the iPhone stomps all over the Storm. BTW why are you in here again?
    03-03-10 08:59 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD