So basically right now I have a blackberry pearl and I really like it and I'm quite addicted to blackberry messenger. But I've always wanted a iphone. What are perks of an iphone. Why is it better than a blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 07:40 AM
    If it feels good...DO IT!!
    04-10-09 07:45 AM
    It has much better apps and its a great multimedia player. The only problem is that if you sends lots of messages its a pain to type on, even with a landscape keyboard.
    04-10-09 08:16 AM
    Depends what you want in a phone.

Reasons I like the iPhone (keep in mind, I'm using 3.0 on the iPhone):

MMS - unlike other phones, my picture doesn't seem to lose quality.
    Copy & Paste - This is a godsend and I'm able to do this better than physical keyboards (8900 and Bold) as well as the Storm.
    Typing - Unlike others, I type the fastest on the iPhone and I've done contests at work and I've never lost.
    Email - HTML the way it should be. I also get to file and retrieve from folders.
    Apps - A lot say useless, but there are tons of useful and a lot are even free. I have a Tumblr and Wordpress account, there is an app for it. Shazam is totally free, no trial to worry about like on the BB.

Reasons I like the Blackberry:

Blackberry Messenger - There is nothing like it. Faster than AIM in my opinion.
    Email - Push email, fast and reliable.
    Battery - It's even longer with 3G on my Bold.
    Background processes - I only would need this for the navigation app. IM apps, I don't mind push notification.
    04-10-09 08:50 AM
    I type faster on my iPhone than I do on my Bold. I recommend both a BB and an iPhone.

04-10-09 01:27 PM
    The only problem is that if you sends lots of messages its a pain to type on, even with a landscape keyboard.
    Something tells me you've typed on an iPhone no more than 2 minutes.. you can't be serious if you have. I type on the iPhone very quickly and the auto corrector works super. Typing on the Bold makes me wonder how people don't hit two letters at once the buttons are so small.
    04-10-09 04:39 PM
    Something tells me you've typed on an iPhone no more than 2 minutes.. you can't be serious if you have. I type on the iPhone very quickly and the auto corrector works super. Typing on the Bold makes me wonder how people don't hit two letters at once the buttons are so small.
    I type way faster on my iphone. Its takes a bit to get used to, but its so much faster. Although I do miss the feel of a physical keypad.

04-10-09 05:47 PM
    @ Entertainment72

No I actually own an iPhone and have used it as my main phone for a few months so I've definitely typed on it for more than 2 minutes. The autocorrect is ok but In my opinion I type just faster on a blackberry, with correct spelling and punctuation, and I don't have to look at the screen to type. I just prefer typing on a blackberry.
    04-12-09 12:50 PM
    Keep your BB and get a iPod Touch

You can thank me later
    ahlawya likes this.
    04-12-09 01:14 PM
    @ Entertainment72

No I actually own an iPhone and have used it as my main phone for a few months so I've definitely typed on it for more than 2 minutes. The autocorrect is ok but In my opinion I type just faster on a blackberry, with correct spelling and punctuation, and I don't have to look at the screen to type. I just prefer typing on a blackberry.
    I agree, and I'm not sure why we all can't type faster...on different phones. I have typed on an iPhone, for "more than 2 minutes" (spent a lot of time with one, when I was looking to buy a smartphone), and I hate it. I have an iTouch and I do practice on the "Notes" app, and it does get easier, but I still don't like it...and there it is. I can type much faster on my Bold, at this point in time, and without my eyes being glued to the keyboard. I like the way it feels, much better.

Once you learn how and where to touch, on the screen, it can work. But "auto correct" has a LOT to do with the "ease" of typing on an iPhone keyboard.

But...my "final answer" to the OP is get an iPhone, if that's what you want. Seems like some folks are always haunted by it, till they actually get one - there's no inner peace, till they're able to say, "I have had an iPhone". Get one and see if it works for you.
    04-12-09 01:36 PM

You can thank me later
    Totally agree with mapimages. You get the advantage of the two world. You are better connected with the BlackBerry and you have one of the best multimedia player available now with the iPod touch ( which is an iPhone minor the phone function).

However, if you can not buy both. If you want the iPhone, buy it. For the messaging part, it's very good but you will not have the push mail (maybe with a MobileMe account, I don't know), and for the multimedia part , it's the best phone.

But the new BlackBerries (Javelin 8900, Bold 9000 or Storm 9500) has evolved in multimedia. I have a Bold and I has been very surprised how good it is for playing mp3 and video. Thanks to its ports and incredible screen resolution (better than the iPhone).

I know it's very difficult to make the choice. I advice you to try the iPhone because the touch screen system is very special. I can't manage with it, that's the reason why I choose the Bold.
    04-12-09 02:50 PM
    iphone!!!

(10 char)
    04-12-09 10:23 PM

You can thank me later
    definitely, i actually just recently switched from an iphone (2g) to the blackberry bold, and i can honestly say i have no regrets. sure i miss a couple of things from the iphone, such as safari and some of the apps, but for me, i guess i was just over my iphone. blackberry all the way!!
    04-12-09 11:05 PM
    If you have to work get a Blackberry.

The Push Email & BBM have been amazing compaired to the iPhone.

I have a few phones right now,
    A Nokia E90i (Symbian)
    Blackberry Storm
    Blackberry 9800
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Sony Ericcson P910i (Symbian)

I've been carrying around the iPhone cause the call quality is clearer than the Storm, but I still have my Storm on me at all times for BBM. ****, I'm paying VZW an extra 50 bucks a month on top of my TMO bill just for the Data, Email & BBM.

The Web Browsing on the Storm is 100x better. It out preforms my friend's 3G at work on the iPhone with my TMO Edge. (Probably because of how it renders the page, tho, still, it counts).

Eh, Just my 2 cents.

I'd go with the previous posters,
    iPod Touch
    &
    Blackberry.
    04-13-09 06:49 AM
    (maybe with a MobileMe account, I don't know), and for the multimedia part , it's the best phone.
    MobileMe is push..
    04-13-09 07:55 AM
    MobileMe is push..
    Yep... as well as Yahoo (when it wants to push).
    04-13-09 08:40 AM
    I type faster on my iPhone than I do on my Bold. I recommend both a BB and an iPhone.

Same here. Strange that would be the case but I can outype most people with a keyboard with my iPhone. I also feel that call quality is better on the iPhone than my Storm or my current 8830. Not as loud though.

With the 3.0 software you should be able to do most of the things you can on a berry.

Don't let me get started on the storm. It's a piece of garbage from a company that usually releases gems.
    04-13-09 08:45 AM
    I thought I was the only one that notice that call quality is better on the iPhone now. I since getting a new iPhone a month and a half again, I've never dropped a call. With my Bold, Storm and 8900, I get a lot of call failed. This could be software, but I'm not used to it from RIM/BB.
    04-13-09 10:16 AM
    I've also noticed that my iPhone call quality is better than any BB I've used..

One thing that bugs me about 2G is the GSM buzz you get on speakers.. hate that while listening to songs your speakers, BZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTTTTTTTTT =(
    04-13-09 10:48 AM
    Blackberry Messenger is the main reason... I love it! The new apps are cool too.
    04-13-09 12:40 PM
    I had dropped call after dropped call on my iPhone (3G). It was the reason I switched to BB.
    04-13-09 06:43 PM
    I've also noticed that my iPhone call quality is better than any BB I've used..

One thing that bugs me about 2G is the GSM buzz you get on speakers.. hate that while listening to songs your speakers, BZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTTTTTTTTT =(
    I don't get that with the 3g, but I did with my 2g. Also I get it a lot with my BBs.
    04-13-09 07:05 PM
    I had dropped call after dropped call on my iPhone (3G). It was the reason I switched to BB.
    Before 2.2.1!
    04-13-09 07:05 PM
    Blackberry Messenger is the main reason... I love it! The new apps are cool too.
    yeah its cool! you now something like bbm for iphone?
    04-13-09 07:19 PM
    I don't get that with the 3g, but I did with my 2g. Also I get it a lot with my BBs.
    Yeah, get it with all my BB's, (except the Bold) and have never gotten it with my iPhone because it's always in 3G. =)
    04-14-09 09:37 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD