I currently own a Bold, which I absolutely love.

I also like the apps for both the Iphone and the BB, but would like the best of both worlds.

Here's my quandry: If I sell my bold and purchase a more outdated bb to use as my phone/email/sms/mms, but also purchase an Iphone as my portable mini-netbook/gaming-media player, can I share the same phone number? If not, would it be possible to share the same media plan under At&t?

I'd like to have a BB for it's better ability to push email, swap batteries, etc, but have the Iphone as a "toy" for browsing, streaming music, and gaming.

Any suggestions?

It seems the BB can't run an ad hoc wireless network that an itouch can receive. As far as I know the itouch can only use bluetooth for basic devices, and not internet, and no BB can run as a wi-fi hotspot, so that plan went out the window.

I love the true gps in the Bold. I love everything about it as a phone. I'm just looking for a compliment device for passing time, or running youtube videos (even if they're more fuzzy on the iphone, it's still larger). I also hate the touch screen keyboard for the iphone. I have a mint condition bold though, and have all the accessories anyone could need, and then some, so I know I could fetch a reasonable price for it's sale and pick up a 3gs and a used bb without taking a loss.

Thanks,

BBarrier

//accs are otterbox defender, 16gb card, seidio v360 version2, 2 recharge stands, extra battery w/ battery charger case, etc..
    Last edited by bladebarrier; 10-16-09 at 08:23 PM.
    10-16-09 08:15 PM
    The 3GS does not have the battery probs of the past. I think you have to much money on your hands and really big pockets. I have a storm, wish I had my sisters IPhone and the apps on I phone are better price, if not free, and better.
    10-16-09 10:43 PM
    The 3GS does not have the battery probs of the past. I think you have to much money on your hands and really big pockets. I have a storm, wish I had my sisters IPhone and the apps on I phone are better price, if not free, and better.
    If it had an LED, true GPS, and a slide out keyboard, I would have gone for the iphone outright (now that there's pseudo push mail and MMS). But it lacks everything I like in a phone, yet has everything that I like as a mobile browser/media platform.
    10-17-09 11:10 AM
    you can not share a number. just get the dam iphone. you cant have both unless you have 2 numbers. i would just get a blackberry and a ipod touch .
    10-17-09 06:39 PM
    I did this last week by adding a 3gs (PAYG) to my 8900.

The iphone is better than the 8900 is every way except for 2:

- Email
    - Battery life

IMO the email of the handling of the 8900 is significantly better but for everything else the iphone is a very impressive piece of kit.
    10-18-09 06:32 AM
    jUST GET AN IpOD TOUCH??
    10-18-09 07:10 AM
    I have had an ipod touch since they launched. They soon become frustrating when most of the best features are as good as useless when you are away from a wifi signal.

An ipod touch with 3g reception would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:09 AM
    I have had an ipod touch since they launched. They soon become frustrating when most of the best features are as good as useless when you are away from a wifi signal.

An ipod touch with 3g reception would be great.

Yeah imagine that, you could even make calls and send sms from it if they gave the touch 3g...
    10-18-09 09:13 AM
    Yeah imagine that, you could even make calls and send sms from it if they gave the touch 3g...
    Well, if you use windows mobile, you could essentially do that by making a wifi hotspot for it on your phone.

Because the BB tethers via cord or bluetooth, it's not capable of making an itouch fully functional as it applies to data. Damn I wish the itouch could be tethered to bluetooth, but in all of my googling the results I've found is that it just can't happen.
    10-18-09 10:25 AM
    I just found a nice website http://www.iphoneandkids.com/ so I would like to get some applications for my kid. I do not think I can divorce by BB, so I am planning to get iPod Touch. Will these application work on the iPod?
    10-18-09 10:49 AM
    If it had an LED, true GPS, and a slide out keyboard, I would have gone for the iphone outright (now that there's pseudo push mail and MMS). But it lacks everything I like in a phone, yet has everything that I like as a mobile browser/media platform.
    What do you mean true gps? Download the tomtom app and you're set.

10-18-09 03:30 PM
    What do you mean true gps? Download the tomtom app and you're set.

The bold has an actual proper gps chip, where the iphone uses a-gps, which is cell-tower assisted based (unless they unlocked something that I'm unaware of).

The gps in the bold is pretty spot on; using a program like gokivo allows for pretty darn accurate turn-by-turn gps navigation. I've not seen that the iphone can replicate such things as accurately. Gokivo also doesn't require any other paid plan, or software costs.

Of course, a dedicated gps can cost under $100 these days, and would be better than either, but it's an extra device to carry.
    10-18-09 04:36 PM
    The bold has an actual proper gps chip, where the iphone uses a-gps, which is cell-tower assisted based (unless they unlocked something that I'm unaware of).

The gps in the bold is pretty spot on; using a program like gokivo allows for pretty darn accurate turn-by-turn gps navigation. I've not seen that the iphone can replicate such things as accurately. Gokivo also doesn't require any other paid plan, or software costs.

Of course, a dedicated gps can cost under $100 these days, and would be better than either, but it's an extra device to carry.
    The iPhones GPS is pretty spot on to me. I haven't really noticed any difference between my iPhone and Bold with GPS. They both work great.
    10-18-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD