I've only had my iPhone for a couple of days, and I just did a restore, and I need to sync my songs back onto my phone (1,300 + songs). I may have just noticed this, but the backlight stays on constantly while syncing, i.e., no auto-shut off. Is this always the case with an iPhone?

Thanks in advance.
    07-18-09 10:20 PM
    mine has always stayed on until the synch is complete. then it turns off. i think this is normal.
    07-18-09 11:14 PM
    if you want you can turn brightness all the way down while syncing and docking
    07-18-09 11:18 PM
    Thanks, Cobra. I was wondering if jailbreaking had an ill effect.

Strange thing is, I didn't even need to do the restore. I downloaded the five icon springboard app and set my dock via Supreme settings to five icons. When I reloaded my springboard, my screen did have five icon rows, but my dock had four icons, with a blank space for the fifth icon. I thought "What the....", and I thought I had screwed something up. So, I restored my phone. Then it occured to me: I had to drag the fifth icon to my dock myself. So, now, I'm doing a full restore on my phone for no other reason than being a moron.

Ah, well.
    07-18-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD