I have lots of time this year...in contract until july. anyone know when the new iPhone is coming?
    02-27-10 08:32 PM
    most likely it will be announced and released this summer.
    02-27-10 08:39 PM
    There has been a trend of Apple releasing the iPhone the same time as the previous ones, honestly even with the 3GS when the new 4.0 firmware is released probably in conjunction with the 4G, either or is worth going iPhone, personally I suggest looking at your coverage area first, and if you have any friends with either of them, asking, playing with theirs first.

There is one thing thats guaranteed, anything Apple is golden and top notch, whether iPod, Mac or iPhone... I jumped from big red last dec and yes their coverage is just a tad better than ATT but nothing can make up for not having the iPhone, I wish I'd never gotten rid of my 2G iPhone... I'm glad I came back
    02-27-10 08:47 PM
    I'm so glad I jumped to the iPhone...really liked the BB but this is way far superior to my Curve. Tried and tried to warm up the the Android but it's just not in the same ease of use that iPhone has wk'd out.
    02-27-10 10:03 PM
    Pick which carrier works best for you and than pick your phone. I love my iPhone but the carrier support lacks where I live. I find myself using my Storm2 on Verizon much more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 10:15 PM
    iPhones are always released in the summer.

If you have good AT&T covereage, I'd get the iPhone. if not, the Droid is a great phone too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 11:30 PM
    As others have said, if you get good ATT coverage then the iPhone is the way to go. If not, I guess the Droid is a good phone, I think that a Tour or Pre Plus would be way better then a Droid, but that's just me.
    02-28-10 09:38 AM
    If not, I guess the Droid is a good phone, I think that a Tour or Pre Plus would be way better then a Droid, but that's just me.
    The Pre has terrible battery life. The Pre isn't customizable. The Tour has trackball problems, no WiFi, an outdated OS, a ****ty browser, and horrible App selection compared to Android and WebOS (WebOS doesn't have a lot of apps, but the ones they have look nice and perform well).

The Droid is a powerhouse. Android is extremely customizable. The Apps are awesome. Widgets are extremely useful. The hacking community for Android is incredible. I am running my Droid on a custom ROM and am overclocked to 1.25GHz and this thing is insanely fast.

Unless someone absolutely needs a BB, I would never recommend it over any other smartphone OS available on the market besides WinMo 6.5 and below.
    02-28-10 09:59 AM
    If you narrowed your choices down to the iPhone and the Droid, then go with the iPhone. Android is still too infantile of an OS. While I'm not a fan of Apple's os, it is better than Android.
    02-28-10 10:09 AM
    wow, tough choice. I think you need to try both for decent period of time. I personaly have played with the droid and can't type pretty well so i never went that route but if i were to make an informtaive decision on a platform vs the other i would have to get a droid first.
    03-01-10 11:31 AM
    If you like to tinker and you are a massive geek inside then get the Droid (where you have to go through menu after menu just to take a screenshot). If you want a simple life that just works get the iPhone.

Edit: Assuming that you get the same coverage from both VZW and AT&T, if not go with whom you have better coverage first.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-01-10 at 01:58 PM.
    03-01-10 01:48 PM
    If you like to tinker and you are a massive geek inside then get the Droid (where you have to go through menu after menu just to take a screenshot). If you want a simple life that just works get the iPhone.
    What he said. Also you have to "explore the space" of your coverage where you live. I can't do ATT here, but Verizon rocks. Otherwise I'd probably have an iPhone.
    03-01-10 01:54 PM
    Yes Android is a very good OS, not as good as the iPhone OS but a very good one. That said I have used the Droid and I think it's kind of a crappy phone and in no way on par with the iPhone or the Pre Plus. I may do some things better then either but Web OS is very advanced and the app market will continue to grow. But really it all just comes down to what the OP really wants, if he wants a phone that just works all time and that he does not have to tinker with the the iPhone is really where it's at.
    03-02-10 01:12 AM
    I disagree. (Former iPhone 3G owner here)

I personally think the Android OS is more advanced and has more potential than the iPhone OS. One major reason I think this is because it's open sourced. My Droid is currently running on par with the 3GS at 600MHz but if I wanted to, I could clock it all the way to 1.2GHz with the push of a button and it would still have better battery life than the 3GS (thanks to an app called SetCPU). There's freedom to do anything on the Android platform and Google themselves support it.

No offense but I don't think you have any room to talk unless you've used an Android device for an extensive amount of time. Android 2.0 was a great step up for the Android platform and it's right on par or even better in some aspects than the iPhone OS.

The majority of people will favor an iPhone because of its simplicity but that doesn't mean there aren't devices out there that are just as good or even better than it.

Bottom line is that both platforms are at the top of their game right now and are giving RIM a run for its money.
    I disagree with this (current iPhone 3Gs owner, and Droid owner)

First look at your area and see what both carriers have to offer. For right now when it comes to stability of an operating system go with the iPhone your guarenteed to get what you purchase in terms of application, and things of that nature. The phone works like its supposed to so to say. with android if your an average consumer hold off because there are still some kinks to get out of its operating system, and things that someone who doesnt have the time or know how doesnt want to deal with aka the android marketplace. So as for right now until the end of 2010 in my opinion go with an iPhone and give android sometime to progress. As Dman91 said in his personal opinion android has what he believes to be the more potential then the iPhone OS is he right or wrong well thats an argument for another thread, but right now that full potential he is talking about isnt here yet, while the iPhones status is proved and here to stay without as many problems as the Android OS still has today, and who knows what the 4G will bring!!!!

Also Android isnt at the top of its game i believe that is yet to come, the iPhone is peaking yet, and might have fully peaked at the 3G release lets see who is still on the bandwagon once the 4G drops.
    03-02-10 02:53 AM
    Windows Vista 64 bit did "more" than Mac OS X...so does that mean it's "better"? Can get a **** NO! Just because an OS can do more doesn't make it better.
    03-02-10 07:39 AM
    Windows Vista 64 bit did "more" than Mac OS X...so does that mean it's "better"? Can get a **** NO! Just because an OS can do more doesn't make it better.
    That is such a good point, and another thing is that just like Windows machines the specs on the Droid really don't mean that much. Sure there are laptops that have better specs then my macbook pro, but I dare anyone to say that they are better overall. With Apple it is the total package that you have to take into account. The problem with Android is that it is just an OS and not a combo like what Apple does with making the hardware and software, I also do not think that the iPhone OS has even come close to it's peak yet, I mean we really have to wait for 4.0 to know for sure, but I have a feeling that it will blow Android out of the water.
    03-02-10 12:01 PM
    I'm having the same issue trying to decide what to get. I'm just going to try one, if I dont like it take it back and go with verizon.
    03-03-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD