Researcher Charlie Miller Discovers iPhone App Security Bug.

Hopefully the holes are plugged soon as I do banking on my other iOS devices.
    11-08-11 02:30 PM
    This is one reason the BB security is better, you can control at a very granular level the types of access an application has access to.
    11-08-11 02:41 PM
    Hopefully this gets fixed fast. Thankfully I have all the apps I already "need" anyways.
    11-08-11 02:48 PM
    Wow!!

Apple boots security guru who exposed iPhone exploit | Apple Talk - CNET News

Hopefully the reason for the boot is not because the guy exposed the flaw to the media.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 11-08-11 at 02:57 PM.
    11-08-11 02:54 PM
    Wow that's messed up. But while he did find a threat, he did break his agreement, lol. Damn ToS.
    11-08-11 03:01 PM
    This wil be fixed in the upcoming 5.0.1 update due out within a week or so.
    11-08-11 03:24 PM
    Wow that's messed up. But while he did find a threat, he did break his agreement, lol. Damn ToS.
    And why he did not contact Apple directly is beyond me. Why release the app and not contact Apple. Then he wonders why he gets booted.

To test the feature, Miller released a generic stock-checking app called InstaStock that could tap into his own server and grab bits of code to show that it worked. As noted in our original coverage, such behavior is grounds for dismissal from Apple's developer program, as spelled out in Apple's App Store guidelines.
    11-08-11 03:26 PM
    Exactly. He is very stupid for not even letting Apple know. He should of at least warned them or told them first before he outed this to the media.

When you agree to something make sure you know what you are agreeing to.
    11-08-11 03:29 PM
    No doubt he should have told Apple they probably would have hired him. Muscle Nerd got the grand tour and people thought he was leaving the JB community. The JB dev that made the notifications JB app is an Apple employee, guess what he does????? Yep make the notifications stuff.....LOL
    11-08-11 03:34 PM
    This wil be fixed in the upcoming 5.0.1 update due out within a week or so.
    And you know this how? Or is it just an assumption?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 03:48 PM
    I'm sure it will get patched soon but may not be tied to that release. I would assume they would push it out as soon as possible, similar to a browser patch. Companies don't want to sit on these types of fixes.
    11-08-11 04:32 PM
    And you know this how? Or is it just an assumption?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FYI: For Belfast:

According to his tweet, iOS 5.0.1 will close an iOS security bug found by Charlie Miller that makes exploits dramatically easier to tackle. This would imply that a jailbreak for iOS 5.0 versus iOS 5.0.1 could come quicker. Pod2g clarified in a later tweet that it wasn't a matter of iOS 5.0.1 never being jailbreakable, it will just be more difficult and will take longer.

I know people
    11-09-11 01:00 PM
    The only way to be secure online, is to get offline. As long as you provide info online, it's up for grabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD