Was on youtube last night and stumbled on a video purporting that the iphone was able to be programmed to work on verizon. Just curious... Anyone else see the video and has anyone tried?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 03:49 PM
    The iPhone doesnt have the CDMA chipset required to connect to Vwz among other things. Scammers will quite frequently post things like this with supposed "proof" as a video. I havent seen the video you are talking about, but I can get theres a link to click there thats going to ask you to sign up for something to get the "secret"
    04-22-10 07:19 PM
    It won't work on verizon.

04-22-10 08:16 PM
    I know you can change the name to any carrier you want.
    04-22-10 09:23 PM
    It is currently impossible to run the iPhone on Verizons network. The rason for this is because ATT and Verizon use a different system to connect to the cellphones, and they cannot be interchanged. If the iPhone was universal such s the BlackBerry Storm, or if Verizon was in the process of switching to a ntwork similar to ATT's like Belus the it may be possible. But the iPhone is not universable nor is Verizon switching to a network as ATT. Most likely the iPhone was tricked into displaying Verizon instead of ATT.

04-22-10 10:14 PM
    The best thing I seen them do was jailbreak it so they can run apps in background. Run skype for voice service and then use verizon MiFi for data. How about posting the link to the vid? Also you can find a tweak in Cydia where you can change the carrier to anything you want.
    04-23-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD