Yeah, so much for "clumsy fat people," and so much for just 9 phone. I believe this is the story you're referring to: People are now bending iPhones in Apple Stores - Sep. 30, 2014
    Yeah, those were just dumbass criminals that will be prosecuted. It doesn't equate to a wide spread problem though, does it... Unless you consider deliberate criminal damage the actual problem?

Again, Internet morons running rampant.
    mikeo007 and reeneebob like this.
    10-01-14 09:08 AM
    Yeah, those were just dumbass criminals that will be prosecuted. It doesn't equate to a wide spread problem though, does it... Unless you consider deliberate criminal damage the actual problem?

Again, Internet morons running rampant.
    Certainly does discredit the "it's just 9 phones" claim, doesn't it?

Opinion: Why the iPhone 6 bends and why it wouldn?t be an issue if Apple addressed it properly | 9to5Mac

it appears that the iPhone 6 has a flawed design that’s being dismissed by Apple and many of its followers.
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 09:16 AM
    The link is pretty clear "opinion". Once again, No evidence of this wide spread problem so nothing to discredit the "9 phones". If you choose to count intentional, or criminal damage I suppose that's up to you. If Apple change the design then these people that "accidentally" bent their phones will have a remedy.

The four people I personally know with iPhone 6/6+'s have had zero bending issues so far.

mikeo007 likes this.
    10-01-14 09:23 AM
    [NOTE]Stick to the topic of the thread please and cut out the personal attacks.

Thank you. [/NOTE]
    10-01-14 10:05 AM
    Mine is fine. I did shut down someone yesterday who made a comment about it. I took my plus out of my pocket and said "where's the bend you just said all of them have?" They asked when I got it I said launch day. When they asked what I did differently that it didn't bend I replied " I'm not a click whoring ******* on the Internet deliberately and exaggeratedly defacing property? Could that be it?"

They didn't say another word.
    xandermac likes this.
    10-01-14 10:32 AM
    iPhone 6 Plus Bends-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412178009.830585.jpg

Mine has yet to bend also

Twitter: xandermac
    10-01-14 10:40 AM
    I'm not sure where the 70 lbs/90 lbs comment went, but that is the pressure you have to apply in the center to bend the device, and that's what Consumer Reports did as well. But if pressure is applied at these so called weak spots, you don't need as much pressure applied.

Oh..and here is how Apple is dealing with some media fronts who are investing "bendgate" : by revoking their accreditation: Europe?s best-selling computer magazine Bild gets Apple PR accreditation revoked after #bendgate video | 9to5Mac
    lift and lynxs_claw like this.
    10-01-14 10:43 AM
    I agree that's messed up but that's what Apple does, just ask Leo Laporte... However, I'm not sure that this was Apple's official response of just the kneejerk reaction of a butthurt German employee. Time will tell.

As I said, IF this proves to be widespread, which from my own personal "real world" experience, it isn't, Apple will no doubt be pressured into providing a remedy.

Oh..and here is how Apple is dealing with some media fronts who are investing "bendgate" : by revoking their accreditation: Europe?s best-selling computer magazine Bild gets Apple PR accreditation revoked after #bendgate video | 9to5Mac
    10-01-14 10:57 AM
    From Forbes: "Simply put, Apple (and Consumer Reports) tested for the normal case not the edge case...But it is also likely that these cases will mount over time as users carelessly slip their phones into their pockets. Most of these deformations will be slight and will not get reported."
    lift likes this.
    10-01-14 11:27 AM
    Well, I have insurance to take care of mine if it happens, although I try not to be careless it does occasionally happen, I've never actually blamed a manufacturer though, just not that kind of guy I suppose, I take responsibility for my actions.

From Forbes: "Simply put, Apple (and Consumer Reports) tested for the normal case not the edge case...But it is also likely that these cases will mount over time as users carelessly slip their phones into their pockets. Most of these deformations will be slight and will not get reported."
    10-01-14 11:59 AM
    Well, I have insurance to take care of mine if it happens
    I hope they replace it for free if it happens to you. It's quite unfair, IMO, that they're asking people to pay $79 to replace a device with a design flaw.
    10-01-14 12:04 PM
    Really? You've never broken something before? I have, plenty of times, never actually expected anyone else to "make it right" at their expense. That's like dropping your phone and demanding a free replacement, makes no sense.

If they determine its a warranty issue that's great, but as it appears to be caused by carelessness or negligence I wouldn't hold my breath, hence buying insurance.

I hope they replace it for free if it happens to you. It's quite unfair, IMO, that they're asking people to pay $79 to replace a device with a design flaw.
    10-01-14 12:11 PM
    Really? You've never broken something before? I have, plenty of times, never actually expected anyone else to "make it right" at their expense. That's like dropping your phone and demanding a free replacement, makes no sense.

If they determine its a warranty issue that's great, but as it appears to be caused by carelessness or negligence I wouldn't hold my breath, hence buying insurance.
    I did not suggest asking for a free replacement for a phone damaged due to carelessness or negligence. I apologize for assuming that you generally handle your devices with reasonable care.
    10-01-14 12:17 PM
63 123