IPhone looks good, but if you put it in your pocket it may bend, damaging such a pretty phone. Apple you should know better.........

I wonder if apple will recall or payback all the damaged phone

Guess this should give people the Passport or the Classic a spin. Doubt I've ever heard of a BlackBerry bending while in the pocket. Quality here

No Shade Just Light!!!
    09-24-14 04:24 AM
    This will just start another chain of ranting.

Apple marketing will take control and tell everyone how steel rods also bend, so it's you, not the device.

Z30 144GB
    RWB3325 likes this.
    09-24-14 04:42 AM
    This will just start another chain of ranting.

Apple marketing will take control and tell everyone how steel rods also bend, so it's you, not the device.

Z30 144GB
    Really? Blame the customer for doing what people with cell phone's have been doing from the start, that is placing a phone in one's pocket should not cause it to bend, just saying. That shows you someone at apple wasn't paying attention, BlackBerry quality has yet to do this. My Z10, often is in my pocket, I don't use a belt clip or a cover. My phone doesn't bend, I've dropped my phone plenty of times, no broke screen, but chipped edges.

My point is someone messed up, who builds or uses material that will bend in this way, I'm saying it's poor quality. I know that companies probably take in to effect how people use their devices on a daily basis and build sturdy but useful gadgets. This isn't study, women everywhere need to know about it, cause I think they'll be most affected. A lot of them I see have their phones in their back pocket

No Shade Just Light!!!
    09-24-14 04:56 AM
    I saw the reports too. The guy bent the 6plus with his bare hands. BARE HANDS! Shocking! Looks like the bent iPhone is now crippled in both software and hardware. Pun intended.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:00 AM
    Haha. I've been hearing about this all day yesterday. My first thought was that most any phone will bend using the right pressure. Isn't that how all those people's phones got shattered screens from just being in a pocket? I think it was some Samsungs that the issue became infamous with. The difference here being that it bends and holds its shape with the aluminum body and the screen just bends and doesn't shatter. It's quite interesting that it does that. I'm pretty sure I could bend my Z10. It seems to have some weak points. If I tried, the glass would probably shatter first before it bent out of shape. My Q10 is a different story. That thing is pretty tough.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:09 AM
    The same reportrr attempted to bend a note 3, which is similar in size, and it didn't bend!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:23 AM
    Apple did not invent any thing new here!!
    LG has already done it!!

IPhone 6: Not so good-img_20140924_121148.png

Now seriously... I heard of cracked screens, but bent devices is a major flaw!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    earlym likes this.
    09-24-14 05:28 AM
    There was a guy on here last year who'd accidentally bent his Z10 in his pocket. It still worked but it had warped noticeably.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    09-24-14 05:36 AM
    The iPhone might bend but it doesn't blend.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:42 AM
    There was a guy on here last year who'd accidentally bent his Z10 in his pocket. It still worked but it had warped noticeably.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    I'm sure it's just about possible with any phone, especially if there's been a flaw in manufacture. The difference is that it seems inherent in the iPhone 6. If it can be easily bent by hand, then every single one of them not in a case is going to warp sooner or later. And that is a big issue.

I got my hands on one the other day, I was really surprised at how thin it was, and frankly quite impressed. I didn't even think of this issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:50 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry are smarter to use stainless steel for their devices? 9900 etc
    09-24-14 06:10 AM
    I'm sure it's just about possible with any phone, especially if there's been a flaw in manufacture. The difference is that it seems inherent in the iPhone 6. If it can be easily bent by hand, then every single one of them not in a case is going to warp sooner or later. And that is a big issue.

I got my hands on one the other day, I was really surprised at how thin it was, and frankly quite impressed. I didn't even think of this issue.

Posted via CB10
    All the reports of this to date only deal with the iPhone 6 Plus not the iPhone 6
    09-24-14 06:13 AM
    All the reports of this to date only deal with the iPhone 6 Plus not the iPhone 6
    That would make sense. Still not good. At all.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:26 AM
    Please continue in this earlier thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...-bends-960924/
    09-24-14 06:48 AM