09-21-14 05:56 PM
41 12
tools
    I hope BlackBerry's new phones hold up this well or it will only add more to my argument that their devices are using OLD technology!

ty88 and anon(5818411) like this.
    09-19-14 11:20 AM
    I hate drop tests. The idea of destroying hundreds of phones under the guise of evaluating their structural integrity is a product of a wasteful, profligate collective psyche.
    09-19-14 11:35 AM
    I hate drop tests. The idea of destroying hundreds of phones under the guise of evaluating their structural integrity is a product of a wasteful, profligate collective psyche.
    We have the technology and the ability to make things far better than we currently do. We also have the resources so there is no excuse. So yes devices need to be able to with stand peoples busy lifestyles, and we all know someone who has one of these and had managed to drop and smash their screen. Having a device that sets bar for all other devices when it comes to durability is a good thing. It sucks that it's Apple and not BlackBerry or Samsung but the other companies have had their chance and they keep releasing junk, so you gotta hand it to Apple to for stepping up to the plate.
    09-19-14 11:45 AM
    The "Will it blend?" is teeth-gratingly asinine too.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-19-14 12:02 PM
    I hope you never join a QA team. This is very much required.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BCITMike; 09-20-14 at 07:37 PM.
    lift and anon(5818411) like this.
    09-19-14 12:40 PM
    android authority shows it survives many many others shows it does not very interesting actually.
    09-19-14 12:47 PM
    It just depends on where it contacts the ground. The slim bezels of current flagships all decrease drop survivability though. Has anyone done a Passport drop test yet? I'm not too optimistic there either.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    09-19-14 12:50 PM
    09-19-14 12:50 PM
    And don't forget...fun!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-19-14 12:51 PM
    I hope BlackBerry's new phones hold up this well or it will only add more to my argument that their devices are using OLD technology!

I don't know how "old technology" = more breakable. Well, at least don't tell that to Nokia... lol

Posted via CB10
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    09-19-14 12:53 PM
    As soon as the iphone 6 hit the floor I instantly was like "oh my *** " still just can't believe someone like me who saves for years to buy on and then people just purposefully damage one. But hay if you go the money then you should be allowed to do what ever you want***

*within the law*

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-19-14 01:00 PM
    In the " real world " do people ever drop their devices? If not then this preponderance of profligacy is preposterous.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-19-14 01:01 PM
    Here's another:

donmateo likes this.
    09-19-14 01:01 PM
    My GF's Q5,as I wrote months ago, fell from the 4th floor into the elevator shaft. It is still working without any problem. The screen did not break, there are no visibile scratch.. ;-) BlackBerry drop test: check
    09-19-14 01:03 PM
    It's all about the contact angle and the break in angular momentum that is being transferred to the chassis and screen. You can do this over and over, but you still can't guarantee that the next "fall" won't kill it. Consider yourself very lucky whenever you drop your device and it survives!

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, smart548, serbanescu and 4 others like this.
    09-19-14 01:11 PM
    Was about to put this test up here.
    One can vary the angle of contact and point of contact to obtain different results.
    But theoretically, the curve side of IP6 increase the survival chance in a side drop.
    09-19-14 01:40 PM
    The 6plus screen seemed to separate quite clearly but then he was like "omg its fine! "
    09-19-14 01:48 PM
    I can't get over how remarkedly ugly the iPhone 6plus is. Man, did Apple really cheap out or what.
    09-19-14 01:50 PM

that video is totally fake, at the min 3:53 it was totally obvious that the screen broke off.
    imadorkx and itzJustMeh like this.
    09-19-14 01:54 PM
    The 6plus screen seemed to separate quite clearly but then he was like "omg its fine! "
    I though I saw that too!.. the white bezel seemed to flex quite a bit, and come "unglued" or whatever. Probably why they were actually surprised by the lack of cracks, when he turned it around.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-19-14 02:01 PM
    that video is totally fake, at the min 3:53 it was totally obvious that the screen broke off.
    Great observation!

I warched it for the second time and at 3:47 also it's very clear the screen broke off.

Just watch it on a large screen in HD, you can see it broken without any doubt.
    09-19-14 02:07 PM
    I saw the exact same thing!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:07 PM
    I hold you never join a QA team. This is very much required.
    Drop-testing in the QA phase of product development is fine, required and useful. Drop testing on hundreds of thousands of internet videos is an activity for people who should be doing something better with their time.

Do you see people crashing cars on personal videos left right and center? And is that an argument against crash-testing for cars? Come on!
    09-19-14 03:17 PM
    I saw that too. Funny how everyone in the video said it broke if you listen carefully. Then he turns it over and it looks brand new. LOL. Total fake. But the only question I have is why fake it if you are android authority? The other thread shows 2 iphones being dropped and BOTH phones failed miserably. Something I would have expected.
    09-19-14 05:15 PM
    I am calling shenanigans...because I can.
    09-20-14 02:43 PM
41 12