So I am not 100% on all the specs of the iPhone 5C, but I have looked it over and believe that the 5C is the exact same phone internally as the iPhone 5...actually not just internally, all screen technology and camera and everything. So that leads me to believe that all Apple did today was release the iPhone 5S...and just throw on a new shell over the iPhone 5 and called it the 5C in hopes that no one realizes that its actually the exact same phone.

For a fact, the iPhone 5 is "discontinued" and the 4S is selling for free on contract. So with all other iPhone launches...lets use iPhone 5 Launch for example so people can understand and relate it to previous years.

Apple launched iPhone 5 as its new smartphone. So the 4S gets dropped down in price to I believe the 99$ on contract, and the iPhone 4 gets dropped down to Free on contract.

So lets see...the iPhone 5S launches, so the 5 should be 99$ on contract, and the 4S should be free...although they "discontinue" the 5, and make the 5C the 99$ device.

I really hope some news outlets pick up on this and comment on this. Apple gets away with a lot and people still purchase their devices, and this is absolutely the company trying to hide the fact that they do not want to offer a cheaper solution. So their solution instead of following their previous models is to put a plastic case on a 1 year old phone, and sell it as a brand NEW device that is more affordable.

The iPhone 5S is a nice phone, and like all apple products, sell very well and people like them...but they are just hiding the truth from customers and basically putting a nice shiny new bow on the iPhone 5 and trying to sell it as a brand new device.
    09-10-13 04:53 PM
    See chart
    iPhone 5C = iPhone 5?-iphonecomparison-1-_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:59 PM
    From the feed I was watching, I thought they were up front with the fact that the 5c is the 5 replacement (not upgrade), and the 5S was the real upgrade.
    09-10-13 05:00 PM
    I dont think they tried to hide it at all. Even in the presentation they basically said that the 5C was the iphone 5 with new look and bigger battery. There is no "news" here really
    09-10-13 05:00 PM
    I dont think they tried to hide it at all. Even in the presentation they basically said that the 5C was the iphone 5 with new look and bigger battery. There is no "news" here really
    Yep, that's exactly what I heard also.

I don't think very many people are going to "upgrade" from an iPhone5 to an iPhone 5C, so I don't think there is any "deception" going on here.

The 5C fills exactly the same slot as the 4S did a year ago for people who want to save $100, except you get some nice color choices.
    09-10-13 05:07 PM
    Too... There's the 64bit CPU to support iOS7. If you have the 5, and you want iOS7, but want to save a few coins... 5c is the way to go.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    09-10-13 05:12 PM
    Too... There's the 64bit CPU to support iOS7.
    The 64-bit proc is in the 5S, but the 5C has essentially the same 32-bit processor as the 5 (other than maybe a clock change).
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    09-10-13 05:14 PM
    The 64-bit proc is in the 5S, but the 5C has essentially the same 32-bit processor as the 5 (other than maybe a clock change).
    My bad. I read the chart above wrong.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    09-10-13 05:15 PM
    If you have the 5, and you want iOS7, but want to save a few coins... 5c is the way to go.
    BTW, iOS7 works on the iPhone 5. It also work on the 4, but I've tried that and it seems too slow, although we'll see what happens with the final build.

But it runs just fine on a 5. I've been using it every day on my primary phone since sometime in July.
    09-10-13 05:20 PM
    Thanks for the update guys...as I said I wasn't 100% sure and was not able to watch the presentation so didn't see them say that it was the iPhone 5 "upgrade"

Sorry about this, feel free to close the thread!
    09-10-13 05:23 PM
    See chart
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhoneComparison(1)_edit.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	200414

Posted via CB10
    Where did you find that chart?

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    09-10-13 05:26 PM
    Yup, apple just slapped a plastic cover on the 5 and called it 5c. Iphone 5 owners must be pissed, their phone had one of the shortest life spans before being "discontinued ". Wouldn't be surprised if apple did this next year, slap a plastic cover on the 5s and call it 6c.

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-13 05:35 PM
    Yup, apple just slapped a plastic cover on the 5 and called it 5c. Iphone 5 owners must be pissed, their phone had one of the shortest life spans before being "discontinued ". Wouldn't be surprised if apple did this next year, slap a plastic cover on the 5s and call it 6c.

Why would iPhone 5 owners be angry? The shorter shelf life will make the price of their phone go UP (relative to the 5C) and their phone looks exactly the same as the 5S so no one will notice.
    09-10-13 05:41 PM
    That's pretty much how the ipad 3 owners (or should i say fanboys) reacted when the ipad 4 (or just ipad) was released a few months after the release of the ipad 3.

09-10-13 05:49 PM

That's why I didn't upgrade my old iPhone 4 to any successors and end up picking up my Z10. Because I know Apple is just making incremental change for every generation of its products then markets it as a huge breakthrough. As a matter of fact, Apple no longer has technology and innovation after Steve Jobs. For me, Z10 is still superior to new 5S in every aspect.

I remember when Z30 is rumored to have dual core processor and 8MP camera, people criticized it is not spec wise. What about the new 5S? Still dual core processor and 8MP Camera!!!

5C is supposed to be very cheap but it is still way overpriced. Apple products are always overpriced. I remember how people criticized the pricing of Q5. See a cheap 5C costs $200 more than a Q5. Will Apple fan boys think it is worth buying? They always think so. Undeniably, there are still whole bunch of laymen lining up for Apple's iPhones, regardless of what. Whatever 5Same or 5 Cheap, they will still be sold well. Today, consumers are irrational. They just follow the norm and look at the Apple logo.

Z10 is the greatest phone in 2013 in my heart but I'm so upset it is not selling well owing to the poor marketing!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:33 PM