I hate the reputation iPhones and their respective users have.

Whenever at a bar, when people see I'm an iPhone user they automatically treat the device pretentiously. As a result, treating me as if I were pretentious.

"Oh, you're an iPhone user "

"I dunno, you're an iPhone user, find out the Movie Times, and make sure your thing gets us VIP tickets. "

"Hey can you use your iPhone to check FaceBook for _____ status? Oh and while you're there FaceBook IM ______ and let her know where we're going? And while you're at it have that thing you have make me a jaeger bomb. "

It's annoying.

Secretly I think it's jealousy, or maybe even envy.

Normally it's the BlackBerry users that cast the Evil Eye at my poor Beatrix.

With that said, I love my iPhone and can't wait to get an iPhone 4!

Anyone else encounter this "app envy" or even usability envy?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 08-06-10 at 01:19 PM.
    08-06-10 01:16 PM
    Two reasons potentially.

1) An article I read (can't remember the link) said a short study found many iPad users were higher income folks and tended to be slightly more arrogant than others. Not sure if this is the truth but it was an interesting read based on a small sampling of the user base.

2) For every fanboy culture there is a backlash. That's just the way it works. If people encounter random users of any device going on about how great they are, eventually people push back and it's like an infection. Anti-fanboy sentiment.
    08-06-10 01:46 PM
    That article sounds interesting!

Argh!!!
    08-06-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD