01-24-11 08:26 PM
    Interesting. Like the article stated, Apple is pretty good at releasing new models yearly. If the i5 outshines the i4 like the i4 did the 3gs, count me in.
    01-24-11 09:31 PM
    I agree. I would like to see a notification light also, but what can you do?
    01-24-11 09:47 PM
    I think it's highly unlikely we will see an iPhone 4G this year. Apple finally got battery life to where it should be with the iP4, and they have kept the iPhone size about the same. I don't see them making the phone significantly larger and likely giving up their hard earned battery life. Apple is also a design over function company, so if the engineers can't fit the goods in what the designers come up with, it's a no go. Plus, Apple is never a first with anything. They tend to sit back and watch all the other manufacturers, learn from their mistakes, and THEN hit the market hard with an improved version of what others were making for awhile. Kind of like what the Japanese did with the automobile in the '70's and '80's. So, I think we will most likely see the CDMA/GSM world phone variant this year and then maybe LTE next year.

As for the notification light, I would much rather have that than the stupid Facetime camera thing. That's just me though. And I'm still waiting for a user replaceable/expandable battery and a micro SD card slot...thanks!
    01-24-11 11:06 PM
    I think it's highly unlikely we will see an iPhone 4G this year. .......As for the notification light, I would much rather have that than the stupid Facetime camera thing.......
    To your first thought there.....I went in to my local Verizon Franchise store yesterday afternoon. They will not likely see iPhones until Spring as it will be limited to Corporate stores and Apple stores first (no surprise there).

I also asked them what % of their customers truly understand that current "4g" phones are not "real 4g" as we have discussed in this forum ad nauseum.

Their response....very low percentage and they also said that most of their customers who have asked about the iPhone 4 think that the iPhone 4 is a 4G iPhone. That will create a few surprises......
    01-25-11 07:47 AM
    cool article, nothing out of the ordinary.
    01-25-11 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD