05-06-11 08:03 PM
    That is a very nice concept. Hopefully Apple has cooked up something close to that.
    05-06-11 08:19 PM
    this is good..... this AND a blinking notification light... is out if this world!
    But I'm just dreaming cause mr turtleneck would never wanna be accused of copying rim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 05:41 AM
    Not just notifications for social media, the iOS desperately needs a configurable 'Today' feature for its Lock Screen - capable of showing Calendar events, incoming Mail and stuff like these notifications.
    Granted, that sort of thing is more 'business oriented' - a category of user the iOS hasn't really got a grasp on yet, but how handy would it be to have this info at a glimpse, rather than having to unlock your device and then individually open each program based on the flagged notifications?
    05-07-11 07:15 AM
    I think the concept stinks. Just my opinion This is totally asinine. I suppose the people who like this are former blackberry users. LMAO
    Last edited by tmp3150; 05-11-11 at 04:26 AM.
    05-11-11 04:23 AM
    this is good..... this AND a blinking notification light... is out if this world!
    But I'm just dreaming cause mr turtleneck would never wanna be accused of copying rim.

LED notifications have been used for a few years now on devices that are not associated with BBOS.

No one is copying RIM. I believe my old flip phone from the late 90's early 2000's had an LED notification system (for service signal and missed call).
    05-11-11 08:54 AM
    I think the concept stinks. Just my opinion This is totally asinine. I suppose the people who like this are former blackberry users. LMAO
    How does this stink? You think that iOS in its current form handles notifications better? If so, you are bull****ting yourself. iOS notifications SUCK. Every other mobile OS handles them better. This concept is lightyears better than what Apple has in place.

I guess you will be disappointed when Apple announces something like this.
    05-11-11 08:58 AM
    I just got the iPhone 4, and I have a critical e-mail address I use for work pages. After missing around 5 pages due to the crappy Apple notifications, I picked up MailTones from the App Store. I now get a long and loud notification for that e-mail address. I would recommend the App if you have critical e-mails you just can't miss.

05-11-11 10:08 AM
    As an die hard BB user myself, I must admit, I like this concept. Plain,informative and practical. BUT isn't the purpose of having the device locked to keep your information private, this would still show others that there is some activity to see if the device is unlocked.

Maybe just having the icons with, "Activity to view" or something like that would be a little more private. Heck even activity counters would be more private. A little like RIMs current display, but then again RIM did not copyright the number 1.
    Machzy likes this.
    05-11-11 10:27 AM
    for now, you guys could use LockInfo for notifications.

LockInfo 3.0 first look [Jailbreak] | TiPb
    05-11-11 10:52 PM
    I like the concept.
    But I would suggest that the lockscreen info should be user configurable to show LESS info, if the user desires.

I don't like everyone knowing my business, so I don't want names and messages displayed.

An app that lets me deal with ALL aspects of ANY notification is a great idea.
    05-15-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD