iphone 4S2...

this lack of significant upgrades is getting pretty crazy. I know BB has done this in the past with having multiple models out and what not... but if you have ONE model out it needs to be THE BEST. If the new iphone is going to have these simple upgrades then BB10 will be in prime position!

Nah I reckon the new iphone is going to be a killer one ... They are aware of Samsung and won't release a device which won't challenge meaning a new design is needed

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-26-12 05:55 AM
    For every 100 reports of 3.5 inch screen, there's 100 reports of a 4 inch or bigger screen. At this point in time, BGR will report anything related to the iphone just for page hits. Only thing that has been consistent about their reporting has been the 4G LTE chip, which anyone with common sense could tell you it's coming in the next iphone.

Until the new iphone leaks, or even if it does, your guess is as good as these "exclusives"
    03-26-12 07:50 AM
    this lack of significant upgrades is getting pretty crazy. I know BB has done this in the past with having multiple models out and what not... but if you have ONE model out it needs to be THE BEST. If the new iphone is going to have these simple upgrades then BB10 will be in prime position!
    Apple has always been tight lipped on their iPhones, refusing to release details until a few weeks before they're available.

Even if all Apple does is add iOS6, BB10 still won't be in prime position. People will buy Apple no matter what.
    03-26-12 08:23 AM
    iphone 4S2...

The iPhones lack of significant upgrades still completely out spec any BB on the market. So, maybe you should start ******** at RIM with their 2 year old hardware. Or the fact that Bold line was basically the same hardware from the 9000-9780 with upgrades so small that make the 4S upgrades look massive.

The iPhone doesn't need to be the best speced device on the market. The iPhone needs to have some of the best specs on the market, and it does. What more people care about is the ecosystem, usability and overall functionality, and the iPhone offers all of that. Check out the customer satisfaction ratings as a prime example. It leads the pack.

Let's see how long RIM rides out the chip they are waiting till the second half of the year for. That Marvel was used for 3 years. I hope the new one doesn't last more than 1.
    mikos likes this.
    03-26-12 01:35 PM
    The iPhone doesn't need to be the best speced device on the market. The iPhone needs to have some of the best specs on the market, and it does. What more people care about is the ecosystem, usability and overall functionality, and the iPhone offers all of that. Check out the customer satisfaction ratings as a prime example. It leads the pack.
    Bingo. Some of the most powerful phones are androids but the iPhone continues to sell truckloads. It's all about the ecosystem. You can have the strongest phone out there but you still need something to run on it.

I would like to see a 4" screen, in a similar form that the 4S is in today. The overall size works well but a bigger screen would be nice.
    03-27-12 09:16 PM
    Only the galaxy s3 can stop the iphone 5... Well atleast start to dent sales slowly

03-27-12 10:54 PM
    Only thing that has been consistent about their reporting has been the 4G LTE chip, which anyone with common sense could tell you it's coming in the next iphone.
    Which countries will actually get 4G on a 4G iPhone is another story...
    03-28-12 06:15 PM
    True, and there are massive phones available for those people. If the iPhone screen gets larger I will have to re-evaluate my purchasing decisions. However, if the overall dimensions of the phone itself remain the same I won't be too bothered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think this will be the way to go bc there is some space to expand it all four ways and keeping the overall size the same
    03-28-12 06:24 PM
    Only the galaxy s3 can stop the iphone 5... Well atleast start to dent sales slowly

I doubt it will make any noticable dent in the iphone 5 sales. The iphone 5 will be just like all the previous releases... within days it will set new sales records. There is not a single android phone that even comes remotely close to the sales numbers of any iphone.

The closest one so far is the Galaxy S2 which sold 10 million in 5 months.... apple managed to get to those numbers in a week with the 4S.

Dont get me wrong i like android i still build custom roms from source and make custom themes too but i know it will never in the foreseeable future get the numbers of any iPhone.
    03-28-12 10:11 PM
    I wouldn't want the phone to be much bigger. I've got a Skyrocket and although the screen size is nice, it simply is too big. I think a certain number of women would feel the same. We often have smaller hands.
    But I would really like to see an icon/UI refresh. The look is iconic, but it's time for a subtle change.
    03-29-12 03:23 AM
    I doubt it will make any noticable dent in the iphone 5 sales. The iphone 5 will be just like all the previous releases... within days it will set new sales records. There is not a single android phone that even comes remotely close to the sales numbers of any iphone.

The closest one so far is the Galaxy S2 which sold 10 million in 5 months.... apple managed to get to those numbers in a week with the 4S.

Dont get me wrong i like android i still build custom roms from source and make custom themes too but i know it will never in the foreseeable future get the numbers of any iPhone.

Maybe not straight away... But for samsung to pull out good numbers for a smartphone with the iphone around is still a good sign... Apple were the first to build the iphone brand that's why they always smash the sales figures.. Bit I think the galaxy now has that brand now... And slowly they will be challenging more closely and sell millions more... Good year ahead

--------------------------------

"...The Lord Painted The Great Picture Of The World.. Forget This Picture, And Remember The One Painter..."
    03-29-12 12:42 PM
    The iPhones lack of significant upgrades still completely out spec any BB on the market. So, maybe you should start ******** at RIM with their 2 year old hardware. Or the fact that Bold line was basically the same hardware from the 9000-9780 with upgrades so small that make the 4S upgrades look massive.

Let's see how long RIM rides out the chip they are waiting till the second half of the year for. That Marvel was used for 3 years. I hope the new one doesn't last more than 1.
    I OWN an iphone bc I didn't like the bb phones at the time. And just as bb gets flack for having the same hardware, the iphines/ipads haven't changed much lately. I Totally agree that the iphone is better speed/supported... You can't deny that. I love my iphone and posted about it many times here.
    04-01-12 02:02 AM
    The exterior and the screen didn't change. The internal jump from 4-4S is bigger than any BB upgrade.

That's cool you like your iPhone, and BBs are great as well, but the iPhone upgrades have been significant. I think the problem is people overhype products and expect more, especially since it is Apple.
    04-01-12 12:37 PM
    I never believed the rumors that the iPhone will get a bigger screen. with that said I would like to see a bigger screen.
    04-02-12 12:02 PM
    I thought 3.5 was the sweet spot, but all the rumours last year before the 4S released and tech blogs touting that apple would release a larger screened iPhone got me amped up. Well we all know what happened there. But because of the speculations ive been converted now. I still wouldn't want a mahoosive 4.x screen like the android handsets.... And now that I own an iPad now, i do a lot of my sofa surfin on it instead of the iPhone or Mbp.
    Last edited by The Gift; 04-02-12 at 05:39 PM.
    04-02-12 05:34 PM
    I hope the iPhone 5 gets flash 4 inches isn't bad and I hope the batterylife
    Is waaayyyy better the 4s
    04-04-12 10:35 AM
    The iPhone will never have flash. Even Google took flash out of mobile Chrome (for Android 4.0 only) because it is a dying tech. Adobe is not further advancing mobile flash anymore.
    04-04-12 11:02 AM
    I think that the iPhone 5 will have great specs and be very competitive spec wise but I think the problem Apple may have in the near future is their OS is now starting to look dated(don't flame me, I've owned every single iPhone, iPod, iPad out there). I'm not saying it's not going to be unsuccessful, it's just that the Galaxy S3 will be more exciting to me. The iPhone should still sell more than any Galaxy out there, it's just for me, I'm more excited for the new Galaxy S3, than any iPhone 5, due to the OS(I'm actually more excited for the Lumia 900 but that's a different thread). To the OP, I would like to see a bigger iphone, at least 3.75" - 4" screen. Materials should be top notch like any other iPhone in the past. With all the flavors of touchscreen phones out there now, it could be tough for Apple to design something unique and different(some are too big and some are too small), I guess we'll wait and see but it's a tough task to really out do the iPhone 4, which is already a great overall device. Should be an exciting year for all smartphone manufacturers, and smartphone junkies like us all!
    04-04-12 11:29 AM
    They also need to start advancing the 4g technology too because there still few places that havent got 4g and battery life can't stress that enough a lot of people don't have office jobs or have outlet plug sources for each charge a high powered smartphone should at least last 10 hours
    04-04-12 12:47 PM
    The only Flash it's going to have is the one next to the camera...
    04-04-12 02:17 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD