Next iPhone said to feature 3.5-inch display, 4G LTE; launching in fall

I've always thought the iP4 screen too small for a touch only device and am looking forward to a minimum 4" screen.

If true (though I doubt it) would you purchase the iP5 with a 3.5" screen?
    03-23-12 08:20 PM
    The current screen size allows a person with average hand size to use the keyboard and hold the phone with one hand. Any bigger and it would be difficult. Since they only have one phone model it doesn't surprise me that they would keep it the same.
    03-23-12 08:27 PM
    These average hands of mine handle the Nexus pretty well. I guess, it comes down to how average hand size is defined

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 08:29 PM
    I have average hands and I can use my Galaxy Nexus easily as well. The iPhone seems too small now but definitely usable. I would like to see the next iPhone have a 4-4.3 inch screen with no bezels and at least a 720p screen.
    03-23-12 10:50 PM
    I have average hands and I can use my Galaxy Nexus easily as well. The iPhone seems too small now but definitely usable. I would like to see the next iPhone have a 4-4.3 inch screen with no bezels and at least a 720p screen.
    I second that. And if the Apple does stick with 3.5" on the iPhone 5, my next upgrade will be a bb10 phone for sure.
    03-23-12 11:51 PM
    I second that. And if the Apple does stick with 3.5" on the iPhone 5, my next upgrade will be a bb10 phone for sure.
    Yeah I agree, I think 4 to 4.3 is the sweet spot for a touch only phone.
    03-24-12 06:04 AM
    I actually like the current display size. I find it easier to type with one hand compared to my old storm 2 which i had to turn to landscape/full keyboard to type on.
    03-24-12 07:30 AM
    I actually like the current display size. I find it easier to type with one hand compared to my old storm 2 which i had to turn to landscape/full keyboard to type on.
    S2 suffered from layout issues, not size

03-24-12 09:00 AM
    3.5 is perfect. Those rediculous Androids are looking so silly. I have an ipad, a tab, and a playbook.... Don't need to have a tablet against my head making calls. :-)
    03-24-12 08:11 PM
    3.5 is perfect. Those rediculous Androids are looking so silly. I have an ipad, a tab, and a playbook.... Don't need to have a tablet against my head making calls. :-)
    ^ Agreed ^
    03-24-12 08:15 PM
    A full touch screen that's 3.5, would be to small for my taste, even if it's an iPhone. As posted earlier, some where around 4.0 to 4.3 would be good. The funny part about it.....people would still buy it because it's an......iphone
    03-24-12 08:38 PM
    Is that smaller or the same as the 4s ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-24-12 11:36 PM
    Is that smaller or the same as the 4s ?

Same

03-25-12 01:12 AM
    To the OP, I share the same opinion. furthermore if apple does not follow the flow I think apple will be left behind by other phone makers or atleast affect apple negatively in the long run.
    03-25-12 01:49 AM
    I hope the screen size stays the same. It's a perfect compared to some of my other, bigger, devices. Bigger isn't always better as it can impede usability. I guess that's why RIM use 3.5" screens in their touch devices. If I need a bigger screen i'll use a tablet and get all the screen I want.

Thankfully, apple doesn't have to compete in the "bigger is better" space to sell tens of millions of the things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 03-25-12 at 10:22 AM.
    03-25-12 10:20 AM
    I hope the screen size stays the same. It's a perfect compared to some of my other, bigger, devices. Bigger isn't always better as it can impede usability. I guess that's why RIM use 3.5" screens in their touch devices. If I need a bigger screen i'll use a tablet and get all the screen I want.

Thankfully, apple doesn't have to compete in the "bigger is better" space to sell tens of millions of the things.

True. But, there are those, like myself, and others, who still don't see the need for a tablet, just yet. Plus, since using my Nexus, I can't see myself going to a smaller screen, ever again

03-25-12 10:55 AM
    True. But, there are those, like myself, and others, who still don't see the need for a tablet, just yet. Plus, since using my Nexus, I can't see myself going to a smaller screen, ever again

True, and there are massive phones available for those people. If the iPhone screen gets larger I will have to re-evaluate my purchasing decisions. However, if the overall dimensions of the phone itself remain the same I won't be too bothered.

03-25-12 11:37 AM
    Bigger doesn't always mean better, but at this point, the iPhone screen IMO is too small. I am not gaining any usability by having a 3.5 inch screen. I can still operate with one hand up to 4.65 inch screens (Galaxy Nexus). If they design the device right (same size as current iPhone, no bezels and increase screen size) they are good.

I have my Galaxy Nexus and my iPhone in my hand right now. Not only is things on the Nexus easier to read, it shows more on screen. 4inch screen on the iPhone would be perfect. As long as one thumb can reach the top, bottom and both sides of the devices, I'm good.
    03-25-12 12:10 PM
    I think its too Small... If they can make the iphone thinner and look more classier with a bigger screen... I myt just have to get it

03-25-12 01:14 PM
    Coming through time from my first device (Motorola Brick I can't remember the model number) I like smaller packages. Portability is more of an issue to me than the screen size. As the screen gets bigger so does the overall package and that becomes more of an inconvenience than convenience to carry day to day. Due to the mobility of my job my phone rides my hip in a holster all day. I don't mind larger screens in as much as I don't want a device approaching the size of a paperback book on my side. By the time you add something like an Otterbox Defender the iPhone is already to big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 03:36 PM
    S.J. was very much against a bigger screen. But he was also against stock dividends.

My contract with Sprint ended. Have the GARBAGE/3 BATTERY PULLS PER DAY/WEBSITE CRASHING HTC EVO. I'm now month-to-month. Going to play the waiting game for a bit.

Would not want to go back to a smaller screen after 2 years with the EVO

Tempted to give the SiRi a spin, but if they do launch a larger screen this Fall, I'll be pissed with the smaller one.

Even somewhat excited to see the BB10 phone.

Old Palm user. Wish they would come back and bring WebOs with them.
    03-25-12 04:47 PM
    I like the current screen size. I wouldn't want anything bigger than 4 in. Not saying I wouldn't still buy at 4.3. The 4.5 and 5 in android are just way to big for my taste!!!
    03-25-12 06:23 PM
    Bigger doesn't always mean better, but at this point, the iPhone screen IMO is too small. I am not gaining any usability by having a 3.5 inch screen. I can still operate with one hand up to 4.65 inch screens (Galaxy Nexus). If they design the device right (same size as current iPhone, no bezels and increase screen size) they are good.

I have my Galaxy Nexus and my iPhone in my hand right now. Not only is things on the Nexus easier to read, it shows more on screen. 4inch screen on the iPhone would be perfect. As long as one thumb can reach the top, bottom and both sides of the devices, I'm good.
    Yep. 4in would be perfect!
    03-25-12 06:24 PM
    iphone 4S2...

this lack of significant upgrades is getting pretty crazy. I know BB has done this in the past with having multiple models out and what not... but if you have ONE model out it needs to be THE BEST. If the new iphone is going to have these simple upgrades then BB10 will be in prime position!
    03-26-12 12:00 AM
    news reports are saying that it will be a 4.06 " screen
    03-26-12 05:20 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD