What are your hopes for the next gen. iPhone?

As a current iPhone user, what are you most looking forward to?
    As a potential iPhone user, what features must it have to convince you to get it?

For me, I already use the iPhone 4 and am a pretty big advocate of iOS and the iPhone. However, I'm really looking forward to dual-core processing, better camera, better video, more RAM, iOS 5 and possibly '4G.' One thing I don't care to have is a redesign. I like the look of the iPhone 4 and don't feel any change could really make it any better looking(the glass design is amazing). Also, I wouldn't mind a bigger screen as long as there is still a bezel(so probably not much more than 3.7in.); all the mock-ups of a bezel-free iPhone are hideous.

What do you want to see?
    08-29-11 09:32 PM
    well you pretty much summed everyone's expectations. but ill give a shot
    1. same screen size mainly because if i want something bigger ill get the ipad 3 which i already have half the money for it
    2. 32 gb and 64 gb. just cause i dont want everything on icloud yet.
    3.imessage it would be awesome for it to be more bbm with picture profile , staatus , what im listening to etc.. pretty much bbm with that "magic apple touch". although i have a feeling that ios 6 will bring this next year.
    4.the design is perfect for me to be honest.
    5.a stainless steel color option you know what i mean? like an all metallic model or something like that lol.
    08-29-11 11:01 PM
    well you pretty much summed everyone's expectations. but ill give a shot
    1. same screen size mainly because if i want something bigger ill get the ipad 3 which i already have half the money for it
    2. 32 gb and 64 gb. just cause i dont want everything on icloud yet.
    3.imessage it would be awesome for it to be more bbm with picture profile , staatus , what im listening to etc.. pretty much bbm with that "magic apple touch". although i have a feeling that ios 6 will bring this next year.
    4.the design is perfect for me to be honest.
    5.a stainless steel color option you know what i mean? like an all metallic model or something like that lol.
    Yeah, I figure my wants cover the basics, but even if they do, I like to hear what other people want anyways, even it is already covered.

I think we're probably in a very small minority for people who don't care to have a bigger screen.
    08-30-11 01:08 AM
    Out of curiosity: Why would you ask here? If you want opinions from more people that do use the iPhone, why wouldn't you ask on the Apple equivalent to this forum?
    08-30-11 01:13 AM
    While it be nice to have LTE, I'm not sure if it will have it or not? For the longest time I would have said no, but the latest rumors are leaning it towards yes. I do hope Apple's figured out a way to get a good battery life out of the 4G radio though....

Anyway, I think the iPhone 5 would be fine with the incremental upgrades we expect: better camera, more RAM, better processor. The form factor I believe is fine; a higher resolution screen and/or larger might be nice, but might detract as well.

I figure at most this is a hardware upgrade. I'd like to see something radically different for iPhone 6 though to be honest. Perhaps Apple can re-shake the smartphone industry up again; with what, I don't know.
    08-30-11 02:05 AM
    I don't think there is a whole lot to be done with what is out there outside of dual core and maybe more speed and megapixels.
    08-30-11 05:26 AM
    Seems that the iPhone 5 will get the A5 processor and an 8 MP camera. Other than that I don't see a big change coming. iOS 5 is a great OS and the new features are done well. Not enough for me to go out and get the new phone my iPhone 4 runs iOS 5 just fine.
    08-30-11 05:47 AM
    I figure at most this is a hardware upgrade. I'd like to see something radically different for iPhone 6 though to be honest. Perhaps Apple can re-shake the smartphone industry up again; with what, I don't know.
    Any thoughts on what you'd like to see?

Out of curiosity: Why would you ask here? If you want opinions from more people that do use the iPhone, why wouldn't you ask on the Apple equivalent to this forum?
    This is a designated iPhone forum.
    08-30-11 02:23 PM
    Any thoughts on what you'd like to see?

This is a designated iPhone forum.

Its a thought I've been having after it was mentioned on the last Mobile World Podcast or whatever (the one with all the Smartphone Exchange forum leaders). Kevin was talking about the the fact that there has been more evolution rather than revolution in phones lately, and the time is getting close to a revolution.

I mean, we went from candybar phones to flip phones (which became the "it" thing), which added bigger screens and cameras. Then the RAZR came along and shook up the phone market (you could have a super thin, large screen color phone!). Then the iPhone came along, and while I don't think it really picked up until the iPhone 3G, it did set today's standards for smartphones: simple OS not desktop OS, complete touch, slab/slate based, easy to use, no stylus required, all bells/whistles, and apps.

And that's what we've seen emulated for the past 3 years. Everyone has the same rough design factor. Incremental changes are NFC, front video camera (but this has been around for years now on Nokias), 3D, larger screens, etc. But nothing radical.

To answer your question, I really don't know.

I think that phones are destined to start replacing our wallets in this cashless society, so I can see NFC taking off, but I'm not sure if that's a "revolution" of a smartphone industry.

I think that mobile gaming is definitely taking off as well. Nintendo, in my personal opinion, is foolish not tapping into that market with their brand loyalty and recognition. With dual/quad core processors and higher performing graphics chips coming out (along with optimized and better batteries), handheld gaming and mobile gaming are becoming blurred instead of separate devices. I think this is big, but then again, we already see high performance mobile gaming and again, it's not a revolutionary device.

Desktop/laptop replacement? Not likely as those will only get more powerful as well and I don't see keyboards/mice going away anytime soon. You also can't make it too large without losing that whole "mobile" thing.

Truthfully I think the next big thing is in the minds of a few inventors right now just waiting to be pushed into the mobile market. Until then, I don't foresee any revolutions in mobile phones for the next year or so that shake up the industry and become the "it" phone.
    08-30-11 07:46 PM
    today i went ahead and chatted with a tech support representative on the at&t wireless site.im smart to know what to expect.and it turned out exactly the way i pictured it.the reps are just plain out clueless.i asked the rep about the iphone 5.i even told the rep that the at&t vice president has stated in the news that the iphone 5 is set for an early october release-oct 7.and then i stated how at&t is field testing the i5 for a long time now.how did the rep respond?----- "we have no date on the iphone 5 release date","you should contact apple regarding iphone 5 test units".im like seriously,stop bull****ting.you are supposed to test the units in order for them to be ok before release day.this is where gullible people would fall for the rep's words.im not one of them.
    09-03-11 06:35 PM
    1) word substitution a-la-BB. (type, let's say "u" and get "you"). btw-- I think that's coming to ios5
    2) being able to erase a call from the log without erasing the whole bloody call log. And while we're on that-- a real call log. Not the last 100 calls with repetitive numbers. Which is like 2 days for some people.
    3) the ability to make the physical silent switch irrelevant (where it does nothing). The phone is beautiful and the best way to use it is bare back. Problem with THAT is that it too easily switches to silent when not protected by a shell case.
    These are little things that if available would make me more of an apple guy than a BB guy. I realize this stuff might be irrelevant crap to someone else-- hence the expression-- to each, his own. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 09:50 PM
    I think a caller blacklist should be implemented on every platform

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 10:33 PM
    What are your hopes for the next gen. iPhone?
    My hope is that it will be availble thru Sprint, but not gonna hold my breath...
    09-03-11 10:53 PM
    Buster watch for Oct 7th Sprint is having a Media presentation of some sort......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 09-04-11 at 02:28 PM.
    bustermin likes this.
    09-04-11 02:21 PM
    Buster watch for Oct 7th Sprint is having a Media presentation of some sort......
    I will believe it when I see it. I have heard this and seen this too many times.....
    09-04-11 11:13 PM
    I will believe it when I see it. I have heard this and seen this too many times.....
    but, I sure do hope its right!!
    09-04-11 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD