So the iPhone4S was announced today as a world phone. I am switching over to the dark side from a BlackBerry, so I am very excited about preordering on Friday.

Would this mean I could pop in my european SIM card and switch back and fourth from GSM to CDMA like you can using a BlackBerry (9650 is what I have, and use it both in the US and Europe with no problems). Will these come unlocked? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I have no prior knowledge to any iPhone device.

Just trying to get familiar with what I will be dealing with soon!

Thanks for the help guys
    10-04-11 11:17 PM
    It will be useable in other countries, but it does not come unlocked. You'll have to do that on your own.
    10-04-11 11:27 PM
    It will be useable in other countries, but it does not come unlocked. You'll have to do that on your own.
    if your in good standing with your carrier they will usually unlock it for you.
    10-05-11 09:39 AM
    Verizon has always unlocked phones for me.
    I had multiple world phones. All I had to do was call global support and tell them I was traveling outside the US and they would give me the unlock code and I had to acknowledge a disclaimer for non-Vodaphone/Verizon network access.
    10-05-11 07:41 PM
    thanks guys! i didnt know it was the same process as blackberry
    10-06-11 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD