1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Apple review site iLounge published a review of the phone, including battery-life comparisons.
    "After three days of non-stop testing, we had a clear answer: The iPhone 4S is generally more power hungry than the iPhone 4, and Apple has only made the slightest capacity improvement to the iPhone 4S's battery," the review reads. "Moreover, whereas Apple underpromised with the iPhone 4's battery estimates, it comes closer to overpromising with the iPhone 4S."
    The review says that using Wi-Fi consistently and using the phone mainly for calls and Web browsing wears the battery out at roughly the same speed as the iPhone 4, while playing videos and music or using a 3G connection will drain it faster.

Appears that one of the early major complaints from Iphone 4S users are that they are experiencing weak battery usage! ...
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 10-19-11 at 04:37 PM.
    10-19-11 04:35 PM
    kind of like the woes of the 9800 and 9810
    10-19-11 05:06 PM
    X2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 05:14 PM
    Agreed. Going from my Curve 8900 to Torch 9800 was a huge shift in terms of battery life for me.

Even the 9900 is plagued.

Now for the iP4S so far, from what I've seen, it's mixed. Some are reporting tremendous battery drain, others are fine. So I think right now YMMV, but how localized or widespread this issue is remains to be seen I think...
    10-19-11 05:21 PM
    Do we new anther thread about this. For a former CEO, it would have been more profession to stay organized. I mean, you tell us you are a professional on a daily basis.
    mrsadkins9399 and Mystic205 like this.
    10-19-11 05:26 PM
    I guess thats the price we pay for touch screen and faster processors, Maybe RIM will have a leapfrog in battery technology on the bbx phones
    10-19-11 05:27 PM
    would think siri in a large part would have to do with i4s being more power hungry.but it can be tolerated.on the other hand,androids are ticking timebombs.they can go off any second.
    10-19-11 07:06 PM
    Ive had to charge my phone around 7-8pm after taking it off the charge at like 8 am. My friend told me his iPhone 4 on Verizon lasts at least 1- 1.5 days , so my battery life is a disappointment but everything is so nice,fast,crisp and Siri is cool. Hopefully after a couple charge cycles it will get better
    10-19-11 07:25 PM
    Siri is a battery user. But I found if I turn off iCloud (don't really use it anyway) and turn off auto downloads in the store my battery is fine.
    10-20-11 06:42 AM
    my 1st 3 days battery was . i dont really use iCloud so i turned it off. the auto downloads from the store is off. left loctation ON on apps that require it. from the notification i turned off weather updates and deleted stocks. left that for fb twit messages etc. now im noticing a big improvement in battery. Apple knows iphone 4S has battery issues. Knowing Apple they must be working on a future update that will fix stuff out
    10-20-11 08:03 AM
    Wow.. Really?..

Keep the same battery, improve performance and the battery life reduces...shock horror!

This has never happened to RIM!!!!!!....lol
    9330 3 days
    9650 2 days
    9930 1 day

"ya canna change the laws of physics cap'n"
    10-20-11 09:16 AM
    Wow.. Really?..

Keep the same battery, improve performance and the battery life reduces...shock horror!

This has never happened to RIM!!!!!!....lol
    9330 3 days
    9650 2 days
    9930 1 day

"ya canna change the laws of physics cap'n"

Part of the issue as well is we like thin phones....kinda hard to cram all this powerful tech with a small battery and expect high battery life.
    10-20-11 10:44 AM
    I have an Iphone4, not 4S, but was having some big battery issues with IOS5. I saw on Apple's site somplace that you could recalibrate battery by letting the battery die until the phone shuts itself off. I did that last night and my phone charged in half the time it had been. Right now it is 11:45 am. I unplugged my phone at 6:00 am and with normal usage it is sitting tight at 88%.

Usage 1 hour, 29 minutes
    standby 5 H, 40 minutes

Location and Wifi off.
    10-20-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD