this really sucks, but completely foreseeable....

iPhone 4S launch drives record number of BlackBerry trade-ins

I have a S2 and the OS is terrible - keyboard lags, screen artifacts - and i dont think i would buy a BB again, unless the BBX phones comes out soon enough before the company sells itself to the devil (a la Nokia or Palm)...
    10-26-11 02:25 PM
    this really sucks, but completely foreseeable....

iPhone 4S launch drives record number of BlackBerry trade-ins

I have a S2 and the OS is terrible - keyboard lags, screen artifacts - and i dont think i would buy a BB again, unless the BBX phones comes out soon enough before the company sells itself to the devil (a la Nokia or Palm)...
    Well to be fair, BlackBerrys now are significantly better than the Storm 2. But I doubt that they'll be around for much longer unless BBX shines.
    10-26-11 02:29 PM
    To be fair you should compare a I3 to the S2. Dont really get why people compare the latest technology to a 2-3 yr old device? Have you tried a os7 device?
    10-26-11 02:35 PM
    I think a lot of people do not do the right research before they decide on what they get. The security that comes with a blackberry is one of the many things I like about BB. I think a lot of the ones who switched will be back or wish they could come back once they see OS7 and how sweet it is. a lot of things that apple is integrating BB and Droid have already been doing on there phones. In the end it is your decision. Mine is BB.
    10-26-11 02:50 PM
    +1 Slammer! My 1983 Audi doesnt hold a candle to my new one... I wonder why? LOL!

Apples to Apples people. OP is a troll anyways. No worries. I dont defend, I question you motives!
    10-26-11 02:50 PM
    I just order an Iphone. But I dont think I switch from blackberry to Iphone but more from BBos6 to IOS5. Couple of new feature in IOS5 took from BBos, like notification. I bought the 9800 the 1st day, october 2010. Now 1 year later, no update 6.1 in sight whit wifi-hotspot sharing thing . All new update are for the BBos7, and new devlopment will be soon for BBX. Today, you can install the new IOS5 to a IPhone3Gs, the one who came out in june 2009.
    So now I think, what I do whit my playbook. I will lose bridge but I still can tether whit the Iphone share wifi thing.
    10-26-11 03:00 PM
    To be fair you should compare a I3 to the S2. Dont really get why people compare the latest technology to a 2-3 yr old device? Have you tried a os7 device?
    I compare my 4S to my 9800 all the time, but that's because I haven't had any personal experience with any OS7 device. I hate when people try to compare a device with something they've never used and have no experience with.

The 4S makes the 9800 look at least three years old instead of barely one years old and people have said the 9800 is what should've been out in 2009, not 2010.
    10-26-11 05:00 PM
    +1 Slammer! My 1983 Audi doesnt hold a candle to my new one... I wonder why? LOL!

Apples to Apples people. OP is a troll anyways. No worries. I dont defend, I question you motives!
    A troll? The OP has been a member here since 2008. Read his post history. He's no troll.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-26-11 05:04 PM
    I find it interesting that the guy gives the exact figure for the increase in Android trade ins 72%, but but is vague on the number of increased Blackberry trade ins using terms like "Spike" and "record number" which are relatively useless.
    10-26-11 05:07 PM
    I find it interesting that the guy gives the exact figure for the increase in Android trade ins 72%, but but is vague on the number of increased Blackberry trade ins using terms like "Spike" and "record number" which are relatively useless.
    Exactly; numbers speak volumes over "spike."

Also:

Additionally, Android trade-ins jumped 72% during the past month, the majority from Sprint customers, although Scarsella said he couldn�t put his finger on an exact event that caused the increase.
    Hmmmmm.......

It couldn't have been the rumors of a Sprint iPhone could it?
    10-26-11 05:10 PM
    A troll? The OP has been a member here since 2008. Read his post history. He's no troll.
    I was going to point that out as well. He's been a member here longer than the guy who called him troll!
    10-26-11 05:23 PM
    I'm so sick of that word!
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-26-11 05:28 PM
    The word troll is so misused on this forum nowadays. It's pretty sad.

If you don't have the same viewpoint as a BB fanboy you are automatically a troll. Talk about closed minded.
    10-26-11 05:56 PM
    The word troll is so misused on this forum nowadays. It's pretty sad.

If you don't have the same viewpoint as a BB fanboy you are automatically a troll. Talk about close minded.
    Very close minded. Makes me very disappointed in these forums. I may use an iPhone, but I still like BlackBerry and like the debates here, but just because someone has a difference of opinion doesn't make them a troll.
    10-26-11 05:58 PM
    I've thought a lot about why I stayed with BB so long when personally I encountered so many issues. It's pretty simple really. The psychology deeply rooted in so many of us as consumers: it was familiar. Had my Bold not started to malfunction left and right, I'd probably still be with a Berry. But it did malfunction enough that, just like some other models before it, I often felt the urge to pitch it out the window. The aggravation level with at least 2 models of 4 was astronomical. And I just got tired of it. After having the i4S since launch, I do like it very much. Although there are some features of RIM's that I prefer over Apple's.

It would be sad to see them tank, and I'm no expert, but it seems like there's no strong captain steering that ship, so it's floundering.
    10-26-11 06:33 PM
    I've thought a lot about why I stayed with BB so long when personally I encountered so many issues. It's pretty simple really. The psychology deeply rooted in so many of us as consumers: it was familiar. Had my Bold not started to malfunction left and right, I'd probably still be with a Berry. But it did malfunction enough that, just like some other models before it, I often felt the urge to pitch it out the window. The aggravation level with at least 2 models of 4 was astronomical. And I just got tired of it. After having the i4S since launch, I do like it very much. Although there are some features of RIM's that I prefer over Apple's.

It would be sad to see them tank, and I'm no expert, but it seems like there's no strong captain steering that ship, so it's floundering.
    I feel the same way. I have this feeling down deep that I should go back to Blackberry out of loyalty. I just like the Iphone 4s so much I just can't bring myself to go. I tell myself that I am practicing using the virtual keyboard so when the BBX comes out, I should be a master.
    10-26-11 06:54 PM

Hahaha. I love when someone calls someone a troll on this forum. I LMAO when I see that word. I imagine a short little weisel poking around-- trying to disturb and stir up sh!t. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD