The device performs extremely well. The tests indicate very large improvements over the iPhone 4.

First iPhone 4S video reveals benchmark scores, Siri 'raise to speak' [video]

Benchmarks clock iPhone 4S' A5 CPU at 800MHz, show major GPU upgrade over iPhone 4 -- Engadget

Video shows Siri options has well. Pretty cool "raise to speak" option.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-11-11 at 06:22 AM.
    10-11-11 06:18 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait!!!!!
    10-11-11 07:25 AM
    A Hi-Tek redneck with an iPhone4s.....smh
    10-11-11 07:42 AM
    Thank you for that. I have a post considering switching to i4S, but sales people are bashing it (literally, I found one in 3 stores that had something good to say). But the Droids recommended are on the benchmark list and scored worse than i4S. Interesting...(I almost bought a Samsung Charge yesterday, the VZW guy was pretty convincing. The screen is indeed impressively flashy. But I wanted to read reviews first. Glad I did, connection problems are huge on that phone, per VZW message boards.)
    10-11-11 12:45 PM
    Thank you for that. I have a post considering switching to i4S, but sales people are bashing it (literally, I found one in 3 stores that had something good to say). But the Droids recommended are on the benchmark list and scored worse than i4S. Interesting...(I almost bought a Samsung Charge yesterday, the VZW guy was pretty convincing. The screen is indeed impressively flashy. But I wanted to read reviews first. Glad I did, connection problems are huge on that phone, per VZW message boards.)
    The "droids" on that list you mentioned are running Gingerbread. Now hardware wise yes the iPhone 4S is good but where it really shines is on the GPU and subsequently it will be great for gaming. Nothing for the foreseeable future on Android is going to touch it GPU wise until next year.

Now regarding benchmarks, in specific the browser, Gingerbread devices regardless if they are dual core only utilize a single core for the web browser. This is how even the iPhone 4 on iOS5 (which comes with numerous browser improvements) is whipping up on some of the best Android devices browser wise.

Comparing the iPhone 4S to the Tab 8.9 paints a completely different picture, as Honeycomb is multi-threaded and optimized for dual core. Looking at the browser scores its extremely close, even when the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is running a Tegra 2 (a good but not the best processor).

Now Honeycomb is for tablets, which means nothing until I tell you that everything in Honeycomb is coming to Ice Cream Sandwich which is coming EXTREMELY SOON and will be on the Nexus Prime. Ice Cream Sandwich should once again put Android on top browser wise.

If you are still seriously considering a device, wait until the Prime is launched then buy what you want.
    10-11-11 01:02 PM
    A Hi-Tek redneck with an iPhone4s.....smh
    A sure sign the apocalypse is upon us.
    10-11-11 01:08 PM
    Does the new iPhone come with a gun rack?
    10-11-11 01:18 PM
    Does the new iPhone come with a gun rack?
    There's an app for that
    10-11-11 01:33 PM
    very impressive
    10-12-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD