Looks like it's not all good for the new iphone 4S users.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...ife/51028730/1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 03:36 PM
    Yes, we know.
    hondateg91 likes this.
    11-01-11 03:41 PM
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't have much of a battery problem. My battery drains a bit faster than my S2 does, but I've also got a lot more on my iPhone than I did my S2. I'm constantly texting, Angry Bird-ing and I still listen to Sirius.
    11-01-11 04:14 PM
    My guess is this is only temporary and an OS update should fix it. My wife's iPhone 4 had terrible battery life in the beginning. Early this year an OS update made her battery life last almost as long as my 9800. Although I will say I use my phone much more than she does. In the end, the only thing that is truly critical with battery life is to make it through a full day. Anything more than that is a bonus.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 11-01-11 at 05:40 PM.
    11-01-11 05:36 PM
    All you have to do is turn off the time zone detection in settings. It's a bug that makes it run constantly in the background using the GPS, which drains battery quickly.

Turning it off made my iPhone easily last longer than my BB Curve ever did.
    11-01-11 05:41 PM
    It also has an echo problem when using a headset according to BGR, but I don't think it is really that serious, I believe both are just minor software problems.
    11-01-11 05:43 PM
    my 4s battery lasts as long as my 9930, trust me. I talk alot and 9930 has to be plugged in late afternoon to get thru the night if i have any client calls to make.
    11-01-11 05:43 PM
    Just want to see some balance in between all the "RIM is going down" comments and articles. The battery issue with an Iphone is more critical since you can put different one in. And a lot of the things people are complaining and threatening to jump ship from BlackBerry can and most likely be fixed with OS updates as well. Mainly talking about OS7 devices too, I know older BB's got outdated compared to other phones.

Deu2e likes this.
    11-01-11 05:49 PM
    I can still get through a day through the battery using the iPhone constantly. Not really worried.
    11-01-11 07:05 PM
    And just as a reminder Apple RECOMMENDS killing the battery then doing a full charge. After doing that my battery is fine.
    11-02-11 07:12 AM
    with many things off and following the many tips online...losing about 10%-12% an hour...not satisfied. my 9930 would last me an entire day of usage on a single charge. iphone4s around 2pm-3pm i have to connect to charge. i do hope and trust apple will update something to fix issues as many are having problems. even on my local miami radio station people are talking about it. there is a problem. this is my 1st iphone. i will stick by apple for now and wait and see.....
    11-02-11 07:48 AM
    It also has an echo problem when using a headset according to BGR, but I don't think it is really that serious, I believe both are just minor software problems.
    I've yet to have an echo problem on my 4S and I use a headset all the time. I've used both the iPhone headset and my Storm2 headset and never hear an echo and no one I talk to can hear the echo either.

Just want to see some balance in between all the "RIM is going down" comments and articles. The battery issue with an Iphone is more critical since you can put different one in. And a lot of the things people are complaining and threatening to jump ship from BlackBerry can and most likely be fixed with OS updates as well. Mainly talking about OS7 devices too, I know older BB's got outdated compared to other phones.

No, you can't pull the battery out, but there are chargers practically everywhere these days. Many airlines are offering USB ports in airplane seats. Most of us are around computers all day long and they have USB ports. People who drive for a living have car chargers.

My ex rented a car to go to his brother's funeral this past weekend. What was inside the center console? A USB port for charging a USB device - including his iPhone3G.
    11-02-11 08:39 AM
    Apple is the biggest mobile cellular company but how can iPhone 4s has battery problem
    11-02-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD