10-31-11 07:46 PM
30 12
tools
    Solved:

If you are one of the many people that have upgraded to the iPhone 4S, you may have been experiencing some issues with your battery. Since the release of the iPhone 4S, many users have been complaining and trying to look for a way to resolve the issue while others have contemplated switching back to an older iOS device until Apple resolves the issue. It appears that a fix has been found though, all you have to do is: turn your “Setting Time Zone” switch to OFF in the Settings > Location Services > System Services (at the bottom of the page).

What has been noticed by many is that when you switch this feature OFF, the standby time has gone up significantly. After testing this on an iPhone 4S, the new iPhone only lost 5% of its total battery life. The tip originally stems from Oliver Haslam, who noted that the bug likely lives inside iOS 5 and not necessarily within the iPhone 4S hardware. The “Setting Time Zone” ends up tracking constantly instead of periodically, causing the battery time to be severely cut down. According to Haslam, the folks over at iDownloadblog ran some tests as well and saw the same result
    10-31-11 07:39 AM
    This weekend I noticed that my batt was down to 74% at the end of saturday and 43% at the end of sunday. (I did shut it off saturday night and powered back on sunday morning.) This was shocking since my batt just barely makes it through the day. I tried to figure out what I had done differently (other than the fact that I DO use it less on weekends). Answer?? -- I accidentally had my wifi turned off. I always have my wifi on, whether on my BBs or my ios stuff. I figure it's much more economic (battery-wise). To test my theory-- I started my day today at 8am with wifi off. Its now 6pm. 2hrs "usage" 9.5 hrs "standby" (dunno how much of that usage was actual talk). Batt-- holding steady at 73%. I woulda never thought to turn wifi off and I actually prefer it on since I can surf and email at home on wifi and have the wireless network off so I don't get any annoying phone calls (anyone I really wanna talk to knows my home number) but WOW-- what a diff. Not a great solution if u rely on wifi to save you on data charges but until they release some update to solve the crappy batt you guys should try this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 04:51 PM
    Battery drains haven't changed: GPS is huge. Wifi doesn't matter because if it doesn't find Wifi it quits looking. Searching for weak signals big. The dual core processor nada. Siri is in the phone, nada.
    10-31-11 05:11 PM
    Battery drains haven't changed: GPS is huge. Wifi doesn't matter because if it doesn't find Wifi it quits looking. Searching for weak signals big. The dual core processor nada. Siri is in the phone, nada.
    Siri is not in the phone, it's data, every time you use it it has to connect to the Apple servers. Same as Blackberry voice universal search.

10-31-11 05:24 PM
    Well. I'm not gonna argue with anyone but my results are my results. It's almost 9pm on a work day and I'm holding steady at 63%. I've never done this before.

10-31-11 07:46 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD