My wife wants one for her bday in mid December on Verizon. Will we have any trouble just walking into a strore then and getting one on the spot? We have access to an Apple Store. Can we go in there and have them extend her Verizon contract and get a phone activated, or does it have to be a Verizon store? Thanks in advance.
    10-31-11 01:58 PM
    You shouldn't. At the moment, I'm hearing 20 day waits, but that should be fixed by December. I'm not sure if the Apple store can activate a phone. I've always bought at a carrier store.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 10-31-11 at 02:16 PM.
    10-31-11 02:10 PM
    You shouldn't have a problem by December. The Apple store has the ability to sell you the phone and activate it with the carrier of your choice.
    10-31-11 03:06 PM
    my girlfriend ordered her phone through apple a week from last fri and it was delivered last friday. Its easier to just order online rather than walk in the store.
    10-31-11 06:14 PM
    If you get her a 64gb, you will more than likely be able to get one faster than the other two sizes.
    10-31-11 09:19 PM
    I ordered an iphone 4s from Verizon this morning (Nov. 1st) around 11 o'clock. She said it would be shipped on November 11th. It's hard to predict what inventory will be in the middle of December but more than likely they will be caught up at Verizon stores and Apple stores. As of today, the 16 Gb and 64 Gb ship on the 11th and the 32 Gb ships a few days after the 11th if you order online from Verizon.

When I ordered, I called Verizon (*611) and spoke to a live person because I had a couple questions.....

To answer your question.....IDK, but I would call the Apple store and ask them how things work with a Verizon contract extension before walking in to the Apple store. I was curious about how that worked myself. My closest Apple store is 120 miles away, so I didn't stay curious for too long.
    11-01-11 08:58 PM
    Because it normally takes 10 to 15 days for shipping process.......
    11-02-11 11:56 AM
    Because it normally takes 10 to 15 days for shipping process.......
    Doubt it. In the case of the iPhone4S, the demand for the phone far outweighed the supply. Any other phone I've ever ordered has taken 2 days, 3 at the most to get to me. Most of the time, it's overnighted.
    11-02-11 03:25 PM
    If you get her a 64gb, you will more than likely be able to get one faster than the other two sizes.
    That depends on where you live. We still have all our 64gb preorders to fill. I have not seen one yet come through our store. But we have had many 16 and 32 gb ones.
    11-02-11 04:18 PM
    Decided to give my son a IP4 for x-mas. Of course that would be mine and I would have to get the 4S to replace it. Soonest I could get one through Verizon of any size is 12/10. Looked online at the local Apple store and all they have in stock is the 32G white and 64G black with no projected shipment times.

I am sure glad the 4S is a disappointment and bad seller because if it were popular we would never be able to purchase one.
    hunoosh likes this.
    11-17-11 10:14 PM
    Decided to give my son a IP4 for x-mas. Of course that would be mine and I would have to get the 4S to replace it. Soonest I could get one through Verizon of any size is 12/10. Looked online at the local Apple store and all they have in stock is the 32G white and 64G black with no projected shipment times.

I am sure glad the 4S is a disappointment and bad seller because if it were popular we would never be able to purchase one.
    If you have a Best Buy close then try there. At the one that I work at we just got a huge shipment in. We have white and black in all sized on all carriers right now.
    Engire likes this.
    11-18-11 02:27 PM
    Thanks MissJennell, I will try them. Would it be worth my time to wait till Black Friday if I went with Best Buy?
    11-18-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD