So the 4G is announced
    thestreet.com/story/10721382/1/apple-leaves-fans-waiting-for-iphone-40.html

I got my iPhone 3G which is jailbroken (I paid for my iPhone didn't I?), and I got all and better features than those offered by apple for quite a year now..

Wont the iPhone HD be quite BIG for 960�640 display?
    Last edited by iBalushi; 04-08-10 at 02:56 PM.
    04-08-10 02:37 PM
    HUH?

I dont understand....
    04-08-10 03:01 PM
    HUH?

I dont understand....
    What I was saying is that Apple haven't added anything to our Jailbroken iPhone..
    04-08-10 03:19 PM
    You're right... they've allowed regular users to have the benefit you've enjoyed without having to Jailbreak their devices.

Keep in mind that companies learn from what the aftermarket/enthusiast do for the platform, not the other way around. If the iPhone hadn't been Jailbroken and all these capabilites hadn't been enabled by one means or another, you might not have seen them from Apple as they would have thought they might not be needed.
    04-08-10 03:25 PM
    You're right... they've allowed regular users to have the benefit you've enjoyed without having to Jailbreak their devices.

Keep in mind that companies learn from what the aftermarket/enthusiast do for the platform, not the other way around. If the iPhone hadn't been Jailbroken and all these capabilites hadn't been enabled by one means or another, you might not have seen them from Apple as they would have thought they might not be needed.
    This may apply to other companies, but knowing Apple, I highly doubt they implemented multi-tasking just because some aftermarket enthusiasts were doing so.

Judging from the way they implemented it (not making it a true "background process" but rather implementing certain APIs for things like streaming music, location, and VOIP), they seemed to take their time testing and figuring out the best way to implement multi-tasking without compromising battery life and overall performance.
    04-08-10 04:03 PM
    This may apply to other companies, but knowing Apple, I highly doubt they implemented multi-tasking just because some aftermarket enthusiasts were doing so.

Judging from the way they implemented it (not making it a true "background process" but rather implementing certain APIs for things like streaming music, location, and VOIP), they seemed to take their time testing and figuring out the best way to implement multi-tasking without compromising battery life and overall performance.
    +1
    Even if no iPhone was ever jailbroken up until now, Apple would still have to add things like multitasking to their OS due to competition from other companies. Doesn't make a difference what unofficial modifications are done to the iPhone by a subset of their users.
    04-10-10 04:37 PM
    Less than 10% of iPhone users are jailbroken, which means jailbroken users don't make a difference to Apple.

They have been asked since day one to add in some of the features we have now, such as Copy/Paste and multitasking.
    04-10-10 07:48 PM
    I'd bet Steve Jobs has a jailbroken iPhone for ****s and giggles. Just to see what people are doing to his phone.

Imagine the punishment for having a jailbroken device and working at Apple HQ?
    04-10-10 08:01 PM
    I'd bet Steve Jobs has a jailbroken iPhone for ****s and giggles. Just to see what people are doing to his phone.

Imagine the punishment for having a jailbroken device and working at Apple HQ?
    Why would Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, need a jailbroken iPhone when he can get everything he needs without it?
    04-10-10 11:38 PM
    +1
    Even if no iPhone was ever jailbroken up until now, Apple would still have to add things like multitasking to their OS due to competition from other companies. Doesn't make a difference what unofficial modifications are done to the iPhone by a subset of their users.
    Yup - I think they're systematically taking care of what may be considered the phone's weaknesses. One major flaw down - now, if they could only do something about the battery life so it doesn't need to be charged every single day...or allow for user replaceable battery.

Very interested in the 4G as a companion to my 9700. We'll see what summer brings.
    04-11-10 06:07 AM
    I have had my iPhone jailbroken a couple times but am back to non-jailbreak because I couldn't stand the slowness. It is much faster to respond now. If I can have much of the jailbroken implementations without it, so much the better.
    04-11-10 09:14 AM
    I have had my iPhone jailbroken a couple times but am back to non-jailbreak because I couldn't stand the slowness. It is much faster to respond now. If I can have much of the jailbroken implementations without it, so much the better.
    Yeah mines a little slower since the jailbreak. might take it back to stock but then it'll be boring -.-
    04-11-10 10:25 AM
    Yeah mines a little slower since the jailbreak. might take it back to stock but then it'll be boring -.-
    If you just remove any resource eating apps (like winterboard and lock mods) you should be running as fast as stock, I am. I actually have more RAM then before. This helps too: remove launch daemons
    04-11-10 01:58 PM
    You guys need to stop installing things like WinterBoard and other mods that run in the background, eat up RAM, and slow down your iPhone.

I only installed mods that I needed, and my iPhone ran pretty damn fast.
    04-11-10 04:07 PM
    my 3gs runs really good though i have winterboard and backgrounder
    04-22-10 04:12 PM
    Such testing took 3 years? Face it -- Apple didn't think iPhone needed multitasking, and that wasn't the original vision for the phone anyway. When they saw that the very large jailbreaking community and more importantly their competition was implementing multitasking, it dawned on them that such a feature might be a good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start working on it till a couple months ago. People need to stop using this ridiculous 'taking their time' rationale as an excuse for why Apple waits so long to release fairly basic features on the iPhone.
    04-23-10 01:17 PM
    I love how you guys think Apple just thought of multitasking for 4.0. They probably had it all planned out since day one. They save new features like this to sell more devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 04:05 PM
    I love how you guys think Apple just thought of multitasking for 4.0. They probably had it all planned out since day one. They save new features like this to sell more devices.

That's one of the things I don't like about Apple.
    04-23-10 05:00 PM
    That's one of the things I don't like about Apple.
    Yeah, me too. I don't really like Apple. I just like their products.

04-23-10 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD