I very good friend of mine has a hookup at Sprint and according to his big wig buddy at Sprint, AT&T lost exclusive rights to the iPhone and Sprint will have the new iPhone 4G in August but it hasn't been announced yet... would be sense for Apple to do that since vzw's there's a map for that adds against AT&T... plus vzw has touchscreen blackberry storm2...and the 3 when it comes out...

This would make perfect sense... anyways, I friend reserved his and I had him reserve me one... I've known this guy 15 years... i highly doubt he's lying lol

Thought you'd all like to know...
    02-15-10 06:31 PM
    Dont hold your breath
    02-15-10 06:36 PM
    I just don't see Apple teaming up with Sprint of all carriers. So I won't be holding my breath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 06:40 PM
    I just don't see Apple teaming up with Sprint of all carriers. So I won't be holding my breath.

The only way it's not true is if his hookup lied to him... and if that happens, I know he'll be leaving sprint... he wants an iPhone bad... bad move on his friend's part
    02-15-10 06:48 PM
    AT&T can keep the iPhone. With Apple going after JB'ers now, I will have to pass on purchasing one now. What use is buying a product that they can kill at will if they think you are using it wrongly. I will have to add this to the 1,283,193,133 threads about who is getting it.
    02-15-10 06:49 PM
    Sprint? Doubtful, but Apple should open the iPhone up to more carriers.

02-15-10 06:50 PM
    The question is more why give it to a carrier who cant keep a net customer for the last almost 3 years now. Thatd be the dumbest business decision ever.

If anything itd go to Tmo since its GSM already too.
    02-15-10 06:51 PM
    To the OP, and how did you reserve a phone that has not even been announced yet? Once again let the iPhone 4G BS rumors start. Unless you have proof then it's all just hear say and not worth posting.
    02-15-10 06:55 PM
    I forgot about Sprint having 4G already... now that would make sense
    02-15-10 06:56 PM
    To the OP, and how did you reserve a phone that has not even been announced yet? Once again let the iPhone 4G BS rumors start. Unless you have proof then it's all just hear say and not worth posting.
    I wonder if they took a "cash deposit"
    02-15-10 06:57 PM

This guy has been hooking up my friend for at least 10yrs with Sprint devices.. in other words... he's pulling two phones out of the stock for us... and like i said.. unless the hookup lied to my good friend is the only way this is BS
    02-15-10 07:01 PM
    It's BS.... Hear say. We'll see how much truth there is to that ones it arrives in the summer.

02-15-10 07:48 PM
    There is no way Sprint is using Wimax for 4G iPhone will use LTE like all the other carriers are going with.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 07:54 PM
    For people to say BS, yeah maybe, but NOBODY on this forums knows anything about the 4G iPhone. Period. Assume all you want, but you know what they say when u assume.

Not even Apple employees have info on the next iPhone, so how will anyones "buddy" know anything?

BUT, being a Sprint customer, I would LOVE to see this happen since Sprint has the best bang for your buck.
    02-15-10 08:00 PM
    For people to say BS, yeah maybe, but NOBODY on this forums knows anything about the 4G iPhone. Period. Assume all you want, but you know what they say when u assume.

Not even Apple employees have info on the next iPhone, so how will anyones "buddy" know anything?

BUT, being a Sprint customer, I would LOVE to see this happen since Sprint has the best bang for your buck.
    Sure noone know for sure, but it makes no sense that apple would want to lock itself on Sprints 4G when everyone else will have LTE networks. It is about largest possible customer base.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 08:06 PM
    LOL, the new iphone will not be going to sprint. And sadly , last i heard , AT&T has re signed exclusiveness with Apple.
    02-15-10 08:33 PM
    LOL, the new iphone will not be going to sprint. And sadly , last i heard , AT&T has re signed exclusiveness with Apple.
    Hey, Sooks. You went back to iPhone? What happened with Droid? Any thoughts? I still have both and go back and forth between the two. Just curious...
    02-15-10 08:45 PM
    Hey, Sooks. You went back to iPhone? What happened with Droid? Any thoughts? I still have both and go back and forth between the two. Just curious...
    Hey man , yeah i am back on the iphone 3Gs for now , until the 4g comes out lol. I sold the droid, family moved to AT&T so i really had no option. I loved the droid , but there is something about the simpleness of the iphone that keeps bringing me back lol.
    02-15-10 08:53 PM
    Hey man , yeah i am back on the iphone 3Gs for now , until the 4g comes out lol. I sold the droid, family moved to AT&T so i really had no option. I loved the droid , but there is something about the simpleness of the iphone that keeps bringing me back lol.
    That's one of the reasons I keep the iPhone and haven't found a phone that I can say I'd give the iPhone up for. It just works and works well. No loading ROM's to get multitouch (which isn't as smooth), etc. I'm betting the 4G is going to be awesome as well.
    02-15-10 09:05 PM
    I'll wait until the phone gets announced and Steve Jobs puts the carriers on the his huge *** projector screen.

Like someone stated, I'd believe T-mobile getting it before Sprint, but then again, my name isn't Steve Jobs, so anything is possible. Steve may want to prove to the world he is King by getting a carrier that has yet to have a positive quarter in god knows how long to finally have the opposite happen. You know what that could do for Apple? So many more people would be on-board to invest more $$$ into Apple. I still won't believe it, but you never know.
    02-15-10 09:09 PM
    That's one of the reasons I keep the iPhone and haven't found a phone that I can say I'd give the iPhone up for. It just works and works well. No loading ROM's to get multitouch (which isn't as smooth), etc. I'm betting the 4G is going to be awesome as well.
    Sooks is a confused man... lol. Heck, he may even go to windows 7 series soon.

Edit: Oh and welcome back sooks. I said you'd be back, regardless of the reason. hehe
    02-15-10 09:10 PM

Edit: Oh and welcome back sooks. I said you'd be back, regardless of the reason. hehe
    LOL we've both switched phones a lot of times from Storms to Tours to Droids and always back to the iPhone.
    02-15-10 09:19 PM

HAHA amen to that bro lol , I have no idea what i want lol, the win mo 7 looks sexy as **** and heck on the HD2 who wouldnt want it ? lol

I will stay iphone as long as 3 things happen

1. multitasking
    2. COMPLETE UI over haul
    3. Higher resolution screen

and thanks , good to be back lol
    02-15-10 09:20 PM
    LOL we've both switched phones a lot of times from Storms to Tours to Droids and always back to the iPhone.
    exactly man , the phone i ALWAYS end up going back to is the iphone.. dont know why , i just do lol.
    02-15-10 09:21 PM
    HAHA amen to that bro lol , I have no idea what i want lol, the win mo 7 looks sexy as **** and heck on the HD2 who wouldnt want it ? lol

I will stay iphone as long as 3 things happen

1. multitasking
    2. COMPLETE UI over haul
    3. Higher resolution screen

and thanks , good to be back lol
    I think youll see 1 and 3 more than likely, I really dont think it needs a complete overhaul, just some tweaking. It sells big for what it is, elegant and simple.

But I will agree I think MS has a winner with WM7, it looks VERY good and highly appealing. If Apple for some reason doesnt deliver itll be WM7 phone for me.
    02-15-10 09:24 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD