I4 speed on wifi is terrible...approximately 1/4 EDGE speed...all other devices are properly working including BB and I3G and 3GS...possible solutions? I don't think this is a hardwRe issue with I4 since I tested two of them with same results

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 03:02 PM
    If I had to guess I would think that it is just a compatibility issue with the router that you are using.
    07-04-10 04:12 PM
    Try setting the Router Mode to B/G instead of B/G/N.
    07-04-10 04:15 PM
    I think I'm going to go buy a new router...apparently in the apple support forums there are well documented issues with wifi compattibilty with the i4...can anyone suggest one that is not too expensive that will have a high probability o working well using cable modem and a few pc's...thanks

07-04-10 07:13 PM
    WRT5XX - The best and most reliable routers i've encountered.
    07-04-10 07:28 PM
    Honestly I have no complaints with the the wrt160n and I'm a little pissed that the i4 doesn't work with with it. Why would another cisco/linksys be any different? Also, I can't figure out how to access the mode on this router...can you only use mixed?

07-04-10 08:09 PM
    Honestly I have no complaints with the the wrt160n and I'm a little pissed that the i4 doesn't work with with it. Why would another cisco/linksys be any different? Also, I can't figure out how to access the mode on this router...can you only use mixed?

I just got your models manual from the website and it says to go here

Wireless >Basic Wireless Settings (Manual Setup)
    Network Mode From this drop-down menu, you can
    select the wireless standards running on your network. If
    you have Wireless-N, Wireless-G, and Wireless-B devices in
    your network, keep the default setting, Mixed.
    07-04-10 08:18 PM
    Ok thank you all...manual configuration was a little hard for me to find...went to B/G mixed and it's working well...too bad N is not fully supported...I will get by unti an OS revision or a new router

07-04-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD