Ok since I've been hearing a lot about how sweet the iPhone 4 is, I'm tempted to switch to it. I have an iPad and love it and I know the iPhone 4 would be even better with the additional specs on it. Also have the Blackberry Torch, love it so much but its lacking the apps that would make this phone an awesome experience. I'm not saying the phone sucks, I've had it since december and its by far the best blackberry to date, both looks and experience, and could never go back to other blackberries with smaller screens even if I forced myself to. If I do get the iPhone 4 or 5, I would only miss BBM, email, LED notifier, and Blackberry's push notifications system. But since Live Profile has done a great job making a BBM-like app despite their servers being down most of the time, I guess it will be a worthy BBM replacement (just my opinion) since all my contacts on bbm now have Live Profile. So convince me guys, how has your experience changed when you switched from BB to the iPhone 4 (better comparison would be the Torch since it has touch screen as well)? What do you miss from BB? And what do you wish your iPhone currently had that your previous blackberry did? Or should I just wait for the iPhone 5 instead since its only a few months away? Thanks for you input guys, really apreciate it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 01:39 PM
    I'm in the same situation. My plan is up in a week and with no new blackberry on vzw I want to get the iphone 4. Just don't know what to do. Do iphones have different themes or ways to change icon colors, etc or do u always have to jailbreak them?

04-02-11 03:04 PM
    I'm up for an upgrade in July, and I'm hoping the 5 is out by then. Right now, I just bought a use 3gS to test out the iphone and then I'll get the 5 with my upgrade.

04-02-11 03:15 PM
    I'm in the same situation. My plan is up in a week and with no new blackberry on vzw I want to get the iphone 4. Just don't know what to do. Do iphones have different themes or ways to change icon colors, etc or do u always have to jailbreak them?

There are way to change themes and customize the Springboard (the equivalent of our homescreen). However, it does have to be jailbroken to use those features and apps.

04-02-11 03:18 PM
    I'd just get the iPhone 4 now. iPhone have extremely good resale value, so you can just sell it right before the iPhone 5 comes out, and then have a decent amount of money to purchase the iPhone 5 full retail. The iPhone 5 is rumored to come out in Sept.
    04-02-11 03:32 PM
    I was in the same boat, had an upgrade...no impressive VZW phones (had the Bold 9650), I upgraded the the iPhone 32 GB today.

Love it so far, just debating on jail breaking it.
    04-02-11 05:07 PM
    Ok I just got an offer to trade my Torch for a brand new 32GB iPhone 4. My Torch comes with everything that I got in the box and since the the iPhone doesn't allow SD cards, I threw in my 16GB SD card as well. The iPhone comes with everything including a case. Sounds like an awesome offer to me but I'm having a hard time deciding on where to give up the Blackberry experience lol, you know the great email system, LED notifier, a so on. But a have a couple of questions reguarding the iPhone 4, first, does the screen get scratched easily or is it scratch resistant? Second, is it also finger print resistant or no? Third, how is the battery life for heavy or moderate usage? Does the battery life on the iPhone 4 compete with the Torch's? because I would get a full day on the Torch on moderate usage.

04-02-11 09:02 PM
    Ok I just got an offer to trade my Torch for a brand new 32GB iPhone 4. My Torch comes with everything that I got in the box and since the the iPhone doesn't allow SD cards, I threw in my 16GB SD card as well. The iPhone comes with everything including a case. Sounds like an awesome offer to me but I'm having a hard time deciding on where to give up the Blackberry experience lol, you know the great email system, LED notifier, a so on. But a have a couple of questions reguarding the iPhone 4, first, does the screen get scratched easily or is it scratch resistant? Second, is it also finger print resistant or no? Third, how is the battery life for heavy or moderate usage? Does the battery life on the iPhone 4 compete with the Torch's? because I would get a full day on the Torch on moderate usage.

Make the deal!
    04-02-11 10:31 PM
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I've had the bold 9650 for about a year now and I have an upgrade coming in about 2 weeks. My brother recently got the iPhone on Verizon and I had the chance the play with it and I fell in love. I have an iPod touch and have been getting used to the touch screen on that. I am definitely going to miss the led, BBM and push nofications. But I look at it this way, I can always upgrade and try it out (I think it's either a 2 wk or 30 day return period). If I don't like it, there's always an option to sell it and go back to Blackberry or another device. You never know until you try it out.
    04-03-11 07:50 AM
    I went ahead and got the iPhone 4 a week ago and doubt I'll be going back to Android or Blackberry. The iPhone 5 isn't a guarantee for this summer and if it's released this fall, I'll just sell it and upgrade.
    04-03-11 11:49 AM
    Ok guys the most important thing for me is the batterylife on the iphone 4, I need it to last all day and not die in the middle of the day. I would do some gameplay, a lot for browsing, some YouTube videos, a lot of music (btw what's a good frew radio app) a lot of IMing and texting. And btw how would I transfer my contacts from my current Torch to the iphone 4?

04-03-11 12:53 PM
    The easiest way is to set up your Torch to sync with Google or Exchange.

04-03-11 03:50 PM
    i was browsing through several iphone forums and most forums say that the iphone5 isnt coming out until end of year and possibly early 2012
    04-03-11 06:52 PM
    Ok guys the most important thing for me is the batterylife on the iphone 4, I need it to last all day and not die in the middle of the day. I would do some gameplay, a lot for browsing, some YouTube videos, a lot of music (btw what's a good frew radio app) a lot of IMing and texting. And btw how would I transfer my contacts from my current Torch to the iphone 4?

are you planing to buy it in store? a lot of times the rep will transfer your contacts for you
    04-03-11 07:27 PM

Battery is very good. I easily get a full day with hard use, often 2 but I normally charge nightly.

Verizon transferred my contacts from my BB to the iphone no prob. Trust me, you won't miss the BB, I didn't and I was a hardcore BB fan. Took a couple weeks to really warm up to the touch screen keyboard, but that was about it. Oh and Greenpois0n, cydia and installous is the shizzle.
    04-03-11 07:33 PM

Battery life has been excellent for me so far. On par with or even a lil better than I had on my 9630 (Tour). I just switched from Android battery life on iP4 blows it away. Pandora and Slacker are both good streaming music apps.
    04-03-11 07:37 PM
    Get the iPhone 4. Then get an iPhone 5 when it comes out!

It's really the best. I'm a phone junky and try them all for fun. Tried all the blackberries since 2008. And I've tried the captivate and the new atrix. Keep coming back to the iPhone 4!

04-04-11 02:41 AM
    Ok so I'm about to close the deal (kind of excited ). But ine question, what's the easiest way to sync your contacts and calender because I use hotmail and not gmail but do have a gmail account. What's exchange and is it free?

04-04-11 08:47 AM
    Ok so I'm about to close the deal (kind of excited ). But ine question, what's the easiest way to sync your contacts and calender because I use hotmail and not gmail but do have a gmail account. What's exchange and is it free
    Exchange is a type of mail server essentially.

Gmail provides an exchange server to access your email and that lets you sync contacts and gives you the ability to get that push email from them.

I don't know if Hotmail gives you an exchange server though.
    04-04-11 09:26 AM
    You can wait for iphone 6,I would go to puchase iphone 2 at a very cheap price
    04-04-11 12:02 PM
    Go for the iPhone 4. You won't regret it. Been using mine for about 9 months now and although I do go back to my baby berry it's usually for a day or two.
    04-04-11 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD