whatever happened to the 1st Amendment ? lol ... if Best Buy fires him, he's certainly got grounds for a lawsuit.... seriously wtf is wrong with this country
    Huh? The first amendment prohibits government from disallowing free speech. It doesn't mean you can say whatever you want with no consequences at all. In case you've not read it for a while, here it is:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    More info here, specifically relating to "private action": First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One particular comment stands out: "When considering private authority figures (such as parents or an employer), the First Amendment provides no protection. A private authority figure may reserve the right to censor their subordinate's speech, or discriminate on the basis of speech, without any legal consequences."

Now with that said, the individual may or may not have a case against Best Buy depending on his state's employment laws. I don't know that he used the Best Buy name in the video or put himself forth as a Best Buy employee. If he did this completely on his own with no connection to Best Buy, then it's difficult to see where they would have cause to terminate.

How is it that best Buy found out that he created the video?
    Last edited by lj; 07-05-10 at 10:39 AM.
    07-05-10 10:33 AM
    This isn't the military guy. Civilian jobs are much different. No one looks at you in a "high regard". In fact, most of the military guys I see are acting like total douch bags and avoided by civilians.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    God, the point of you even commenting is...? There is no sense in your lame attempt to slam me, trust me my friends and I see it all the time how highly regarded the military is. Tell me that we are not thanked when I get thanked 2-3 times if I leave my base in my uniform. Your point is not valid.

Secondly, I stated my opinion, get it. Opinions are not facts, and the fact is if his company feels he did not do his part in representing they can see fit to act accordingly. I am not making this a military point, but since that is what I do for my job I am entitled to make my opinion based on what I know. Get a life and make a post that is more reasonable.
    07-05-10 10:35 AM
    Back on topic I saw this video last week and was crying I was laughing so hard.
    07-05-10 01:47 PM
    high regard ... military
    LMAO.

You know what people do in the military? That TAKE ORDERS and they don't have a choice. I am sure your drill instructor tried convincing you that's regarded highly but in the real world that's called being someones b|tch. Sorry but there is no honor is doing someone because you were told it
    07-05-10 04:19 PM
    LMAO.

You know what people do in the military? That TAKE ORDERS and they don't have a choice. I am sure your drill instructor tried convincing you that's regarded highly but in the real world that's called being someones b|tch. Sorry but there is no honor is doing someone because you were told it
    Reported. Not going to argue with someone like you.
    07-05-10 06:37 PM
    i loved the video
    soo funny

too bad that guy might get fired :-/
    07-06-10 01:43 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD