02-03-11 05:03 PM
    It's all nice and great, but at the end of the day, what really decides is which one has a better coverage at the particular spot the person is gonna use it and whether or not he wants to switch and pay hefty prices for switching etc. I would assume, the most amount of users are gonna come from VZW customers and newcomers, who didn't want ATT for some reason; or first time smartphone buyers (or perhaps not first time but being frustrated with their old smartphones) who are flocking for the hype.
    02-03-11 05:13 PM
    the sound clarity is way better on the AT&T iPhone but overall Verizon kicked **** in those tests!
    02-03-11 06:57 PM
    the sound clarity is way better on the AT&T iPhone but overall Verizon kicked **** in those tests!
    Where did you find the sound clarity test? Might be a software issue with the VZW version...maybe an OS update will correct that later?
    02-04-11 12:35 AM
    Where did you find the sound clarity test? Might be a software issue with the VZW version...maybe an OS update will correct that later?
    Comparing voice quality on the iPhone 4 | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews
    02-04-11 10:51 PM
    Att is usually faster but Verizon has better call quality.iPhone 4 on Verizon: how, when, where, and whether to buy it -- Engadget
    02-04-11 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, I don't agree with you (don't kill me...lol...). The AT&T clip has quite a bit of background noise in it that sounds similar to a blown out phone speaker to me, though it's FAR better than what we are getting with our old iPhone 3G, which has the worst sound quality of any phone I've used in the last 20 years...lol!

That said, neither sounded as good to me as my BlackBerry. There are many things that could factor into the differences though and a lot would have absolutely nothing to do with the network itself.
    02-05-11 02:04 AM
    I agree with Shodan - it will depend where you are. I am in the Detroit Metro area and ATT is great here. I have had iphone4 for 2 weeks now and sound quality is just as good as my 9700 although the bb phone itself was better as a phone. I have dropped a few calls, but since I never dropped any calls on my bb, this is an iphone issue and not an ATT issue.
    02-05-11 07:32 AM
    Um.. I think AT&T is faster for me.
    02-05-11 07:14 PM
    I personally think the test is unfair... wait til vzw has millions of iphone users in one area and THEN do the testing lol

Almost be like doing a wifi test with one connection with only 10 users and the other one with 500 lol
    02-09-11 01:01 AM
    The Att version is on average 46% faster. No Vzn 3G iPhone will touch my speeds. Sorry Big Red

02-09-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD