Apple Canada - iPhone - View the features of the new iPhone 4.

Even though I usually don't think too highly of Iphones, looking at the specs makes me think the new Iphone is going to be a great phone.

do you guys think all this new innovation (such as videochat) will give rim a kick in the pants to try something new with their phones? and after looking at the specs do you think your gonna jump ship to the iphone? -> personally im still in love with my BB and even though the iphone 4 has all the bells and whistles still love my 9700
    06-07-10 11:27 PM
    I can care less about the new iPhone...my 9700 does everything I need it too.

Was funny watching my buddy with his iPhone getting no signal in my apartment today while mine had full bars...to be fair I was on UMA and he was SOS, lol!

He had to borrow my phone as I misplaced my password, haha...so I told him.

I know, cool story bro!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 11:31 PM
    I don't know, that thing looks prettttttttttttttty awesome...
    06-07-10 11:36 PM
    I don't think so considering the fact that the Evo 4g does everything the iPhone 4g does + more. I think they apple, AT&T, sprint and android made a HUGE leap within the last week that will give them a boost in the consumer market. Hopefully for RIM organizations will stay with BB for the business market long enough for them to create a "regular" consumer friendly gadget.

06-07-10 11:44 PM
    Can I use both phones and just swap the same SIM card between phones, and have the same number for each phone?

06-07-10 11:48 PM
    It looks pretty sick i must say. let us see true battery life and dropped call issues first.
    My 9700 is the perfect phone for me as i mainly use for typing and communicating...noo dropped calls, rock solid battery life , wifi and 3g.

Blows my wifes Tour 2 out of the water.
    06-07-10 11:52 PM
    Video calling a new feature? That's been out for a few years.. Going by what was on the page linked I'm assuming that this is just over wifi and not 3G as it is now with every device that has the ability for video calling. That might actually make it alright quality, if the other person has an iphone4. I guess the video over 3G is a feature for iphone5.. :P
    I do like the sound of the screen though 960x640 resolution at 326 ppi
    06-07-10 11:53 PM
    this shouldnt be in the 9700 forum... anyways lol
    06-07-10 11:59 PM
    i love my 9700 but i also have a second line that i re-activated my iphone on today to slip in for the unlimited data and then upgrade when the new iphone comes out. it looks sweet and hopefully os 6 will be a good but then i also read where my 9700 won't support os6 so we shall see. i left bb for the iphone but like the bb keyboard. so i will hopefully have the 'best of both worlds' (sorry van halen, i borrowed your songs title)
    06-08-10 12:07 AM
    i think the iphone4 is really nice and all and has great features, but its just not what im looking for..."IF" i were to jump ship it would be for a Droid Incredible or the EVO, but since im not on VZW or Sprint that "IF" is non existent
    06-08-10 12:48 AM
    I'm sorry but it just doesn't do anything for me.
    06-08-10 01:10 AM
    Videochat is far from innovation. We had it in Europe for the longest time and it just never picked up. I just checked the "new" specs of Apple. This is why I can't stand them. They are presenting their "new" stuff as new when these features have been on many other makes for years now. Ridiculous.

Nokia N8 specs.

Nokia N8 - Full phone specifications
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 06-08-10 at 02:20 AM.
    06-08-10 02:08 AM
    I'm not even interested in converting to iphone, not a glimpse. I love my 9700, it does whatever I want it to. So there's no reason to convert.

06-08-10 03:08 AM
    Well its going to have a different SIM than 9700 its a micro sim so short answer no, long answer get a SIM converter then yes. Iphone 4 specs here

In my Opinion Business will never adopt Iphone because its too much of a distraction for workers. And BlackBerry will maintain in that space. Not to mention the Intuitive nature of BB that does not take any effort at all and still works!

granted iphone 4 has good features and has raised the bar again ..
    you have to consider how people will in tend to use it.
    Last edited by vx1; 06-10-10 at 05:52 AM.
    06-08-10 06:59 AM
    I'll *never* get any apple products. Waste of money, like somebody also pointed out, it's inferior (video calling isn't 'new' LOL) and most phones nowadays don't depend on itunes for normal operation.

Just my opinion. In other words, the mods should move this thread in it's proper place.

06-08-10 07:18 AM
    I did consider it - but Apple still refuses to trust me in being able to change my own battery. And they're in that Flash war. Although they *did* put that front facing camera....
    So.......nah.....a phone that doesn't trust me to change my battery is not one I will give my tiny, tiny $300...a microscopic drop in their huge bucket, but I'll spend it elsewhere.
    06-08-10 07:35 AM
    Im going to wait a week or two to see how battery life is.
    06-08-10 08:42 AM
    I think the device is nice but what are you gaining from being a 3GS user?

Front facing camera - It only works on wi-fi. I wonder if this was a last minute decision because of AT&T's new plans or bandwidth issues. I'd rather grab my laptop and use iChat if I have to use wi-fi to make the video call.

Display - I'll give them that. It looks gorgeous and from what people are saying; its something you have to see for yourself.

New processor - which is also in the iPad. I'm sure its speedy and thats welcome but if you remember many didn't update from the 3G to the 3GS because speed wasn't that important.

iOS 4 - Will be available for the 3GS and 3G*. So the OS doesn't really matter that much. I'm sure it'll still run better on the iPhone 4 but not a deal breaker.
    *3G has no multitasking and other limitations

HD Camera - This is a cool feature but I think it's a personal need to only certain people. I know myself personally that I rarely use my video camera on my berry and its not because of quality, I just don't need it.

New styling - Always welcome, personally I don't like the back being glass though. (even if they do claim its 30 times stronger than plastic)

I'm not trying to bash the phone or anti-apple. I'm quiet the opposite and own many apple products. Heck, I was even planning on buying the new iPhone but it just doesn't do it for me. It looks like Apple is really moving towards small updates so they can push out a phone every year. They make enough changes that will make the current user want it (ex. new body styling, better camera) some of those features matter to people and its the sole reason they upgrade and ditch their old model.

Don't attack me! Maybe it's just me but this is how I feel.
    06-08-10 09:16 AM
    I think apple took huge step in the smart phone market with the new iphone. I will wait and see what about the battery life and connectivity before making a decision to move to the iphone 4.

In my opinion, the addition that iphone 4 brought is not about the front camera, video call, or HD videos, although all being appealing to some users, it is about introducing mutli tasking, switching between apps, and introducing one inbox for different email accounts.
    with the lack of IMAP support and two way sync on BB on BIS, and with the availability of those features on iphone, some BB users will consider switching unless RIM offered BIS users the same support
    06-08-10 10:53 AM
    I think apple took huge step in the smart phone market with the new iphone. I will wait and see what about the battery life and connectivity before making a decision to move to the iphone 4.

In my opinion, the addition that iphone 4 brought is not about the front camera, video call, or HD videos, although all being appealing to some users, it is about introducing mutli tasking, switching between apps, and introducing one inbox for different email accounts.
    with the lack of IMAP support and two way sync on BB on BIS, and with the availability of those features on iphone, some BB users will consider switching unless RIM offered BIS users the same support
    But thats just iOS 4 and you can do that with an iPhone 3GS. If anything they could have made iOS 4 exclusive to the new iphone.
    06-08-10 11:00 AM
    But thats just iOS 4 and you can do that with an iPhone 3GS. If anything they could have made iOS 4 exclusive to the new iphone.
    I am not sure if the 3G3 had one inbox for all email accounts. did it?
    I meant the whole package now is more appealing, specially with the complains everyday about RIM problems with yahoo mail, and lack of two way sync, and unable to support IMAP personal folders and so on. I think it is time for RIM to take care of those pitfalls (in my opinion)
    06-08-10 11:10 AM
    The iPhone 4 specs are definitely nothing spectacular considering the EVO is the hardware king at the moment. But still awesome nonetheless when it is most likely a direct competitor. For the time being, anything compared pound-for-pound to the EVO is impressive.

Regarding the software and hype around some of features, obviously these are things that have existed in old phones for a while, especially cross seas in Europe and Japan, where they've had video calling and tv viewing for years.

What's different with Apple is their marketing, in making something that makes you want it (for some). They hype and make the most simple features stand out. For example, they have a commercial just for copy and paste for goodness sakes. Copy and paste have been on BB and Palms since the 90s! Now with one of the most stand out features (if it stands out at all for you) is video calling. Nothing ground breaking on the tech front but it will be made available to the masses, and other competitors will now be able to also market their video chat features because Apple, with their market share, has made people more aware of something "new".

I've had a plethora of phones in the past few years and recently a 9700 to a Pre+. I recently returned my Pre+ (bought it no commitment $399). And with that, I'll wait and buy the new iPhone, where I can video call with my gf even though we're only 10 minutes apart. She has a 9700 at the moment and we both had one at one point until recently. After using BB OS and webOS, there's gonna be some aspects of iOS (multitasking and notifications on webOS is the best I've experienced) where I'll want to burn it to death but at least I know what to expect.

Looking forward to seeing BB OS6 and see what that brings. The browser on BB has always been a major turn off for me. Like many, hopefully it's fixed, as well as full html email.
    Last edited by harrybananas; 06-08-10 at 11:16 AM.
    06-08-10 11:14 AM
    When Apple stops holding the connectivity and content hostage - Then MAYBE - I'll consider an iPhone. Until then, I'll keep loving my BB.
    06-08-10 11:40 AM
    Apple Canada - iPhone - View the features of the new iPhone 4.

Even though I usually don't think too highly of Iphones, looking at the specs makes me think the new Iphone is going to be a great phone.

do you guys think all this new innovation (such as videochat) will give rim a kick in the pants to try something new with their phones? and after looking at the specs do you think your gonna jump ship to the iphone? -> personally im still in love with my BB and even though the iphone 4 has all the bells and whistles still love my 9700
    Yep, a nicer iPhone, but the deal killers (for me) of AT&T and no user replaceable battery are still an issue.
    06-08-10 12:31 PM
    i love my 9700 but i also have a second line that i re-activated my iphone on today to slip in for the unlimited data and then upgrade when the new iphone comes out. it looks sweet and hopefully os 6 will be a good but then i also read where my 9700 won't support os6 so we shall see. i left bb for the iphone but like the bb keyboard. so i will hopefully have the 'best of both worlds' (sorry van halen, i borrowed your songs title)
    9700 won't support OS 6 ?!! No!!!!!

06-08-10 12:31 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD