Can somebody tell me how I can get emails to my own email address my@ownemailadress.com pushed to an iPhone4?

I read that Mobile Me can be an option but I still don't know if I also can reply with my@ownemailaddress.com. Is that correct?

No I don't have an exchange server, just small business
    No I don't want to use Gmail, yahoo etc.

What is the best and most simple solution?
    05-12-11 10:55 AM
    To get email pushed to iPhone, you will need an exchange account. There are companies who can set up email exchange account, e.g. 1&1. Mobile me won't work because it'll be same as using Gmail, your email will be replied through xxxx@me account instead of your personal email address.
    05-17-11 02:43 AM
    Google Apps for Business allows you to do exactly what you want for $50/year, but since you dont want to use gmail (which it really isn't, its just the webmail interface you use for your domain email) I don't know of another solution really other than the above suggestion to find hosted exchange.
    05-17-11 06:48 PM
    my IT guy did it for all my employees. we're just under 50 people so it's free and basically our addresses are ournames@ourcompany.ca.you'd never know we were on google. our contacts, email, and calendars sync. it's even faster than my BB. the only prerequisite is that you need to own the domain you'll be redirecting to google ( which I assume you do).
    try it-- I don't know what I did without it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 10:01 PM
    You can set it up for free through a dummy gmail account AND have your reply to address be your correct address. You just have to tinker with the settings a bit until you get it right.

First thing, DONT set up the email account on your phone as a gmail account. Select Other email and fill out the settings manually. That is the only way it will work. Google the steps, it's pretty straight forward but you will have to set send a few test emails to get the settings just right.

Basic idea:
    Have all of your incoming mail forwarded to xxxxxx@gmail.com
    Have only your gmail.com account synced with your phone.
    Tinker with the gmail settings on your comp and your phone to have the from address as your own email.
    use the gmail servers, not your own.
    05-20-11 12:55 PM
    found a very useful website which I want to share with you all:
    Can't send the link yet, but you'll find it.

theanywhereoffice.com/digital-lifestyle/how-to-send-mail-from-your-own-domain-using-gmail-and-iphone.htm

Very clear instruction. Haven't tested it yet. Waiting for the iPhone 4S, but I don't think anything has been changed.
    10-17-11 01:55 AM
    Can somebody tell me how I can get emails to my own email address my@ownemailadress.com pushed to an iPhone4?

I read that Mobile Me can be an option but I still don't know if I also can reply with my@ownemailaddress.com. Is that correct?

No I don't have an exchange server, just small business
    No I don't want to use Gmail, yahoo etc.

What is the best and most simple solution?
    I have a friend that uses this setup with his hosted email. Emails come in fast but the problem is all his sent emails will be sent from the mobileme account even if the reply address is his hosted email.

So say you receive an email, you will reply from the mobileme account but to the other person it will appear that you sent it from your hosted email.

The only problem is when you go to your computer you will not see those sent emails from the iphone in your hosted email sent folder, they will be in the mobileme email sent folder.

Hope this makes sense.

Your best option is to set it up as imap on your iphone and deal with the max 15 minutes delay, in practice they'll probably be quicker then that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD