I've noticed that when I tether my iPhone 4 via USB, it gets noticeably warmer, but not actually hot. Is it possible for this increased heat to harm my phone?
    08-05-10 09:24 AM
    It is but highly unlikely unless it gets super warm anytime your device is charging and sending info at the same time it will get warm. The iPhone is super compact so you can feel it more. I rarely ever shut my iPhone off, but ever so often I let it drain completely and let it rest to stretch the battery. But I also let it rest. In a nut shell it should be warm but it shouldn't get so hot you can't touch it. So i wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps getting hotter, if it stays at a steady warmness it's natural.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 02:21 PM
    It is but highly unlikely unless it gets super warm anytime your device is charging and sending info at the same time it will get warm. The iPhone is super compact so you can feel it more. I rarely ever shut my iPhone off, but ever so often I let it drain completely and let it rest to stretch the battery. But I also let it rest. In a nut shell it should be warm but it shouldn't get so hot you can't touch it. So i wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps getting hotter, if it stays at a steady warmness it's natural.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, shawnomega. When I tether it to my laptop, it only warms up to a certain point. It doesn't get hot to the point where I can't touch it, plus I monitor it constantly just to be a the safe side. And when I separate it, the temp goes back down to normal.

Thanks again for the reply.
    08-05-10 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD