View Poll Results: Will you buy iPhone 4?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

57 50.89%
  • I would, if it came to Verizon.

18 16.07%
  • NO!

10 8.93%
  • I'll stick with my BB or Android.

22 19.64%
  • Happy with the 3G, 3G S.

5 4.46%
06-13-10 12:17 AM
54 123
tools
    Remember, FaceTime is WIFI ONLY at this point.

And thanks for the responses guys.
    Personally if I owned a business, yes I would issue only BB's as work devices.
    But I might have an iPhone as my personal phone.

And try to stay on topic. This is not a jab at AT&T's service (or lack thereof), but if Apple is even trying to compete with RIM at this point.

I still think Apple and Google are chasing each other (even though Apple or anyone who loves Apple wouldn't admit that Apple needs to do this). And RIM is getting left behind either trying to catch up with the two that are unconcerned at this point, or needs to be steady building phones in their current form factors.
    Also keep in mind that RIM has pricepoint in mind now with AT&T's pricing and their slew of devices. This has helped maintained market share for them.
    Actually AT&T's service (or lackthereof) is very much on topic because it is cited as one of the top reasons people who don't buy iPhones WON'T ever buy one because of the service thus making Apple lose out on sales that could make them skyrocket ahead. Especially when you are comparing them to HTC which offers stellar devices that can easily compete with the iPhone across several different carriers which ultimately give the consumer options for the carrier that works best in their area or wherever they travel to (i.e. AT&T sucks in my area of Florida which is why I probably won't invest in another iPhone until they are released from AT&T death grip and will stick with my HTC devices on Sprint and Verizon where as stuaw11 says that his part of Florida (South) is great for coverage so he will happily purchase an iPhone).

To be honest, Im one of AT&T's harshest critics but I can tell you in Northern FL AT&T is far from spotty at best, sorry. They've always had OK voice coverage and their 3G only covered Jacksonville but last Fall they lit up a crap-ton of towers for voice and 3G. 3G now blankets all of NE FL and down the the coast too. Their voice is also much better than it used to. Now its still not on par with Verizon but then again Id say its probably around 85% as good as Verizon which will be just fine. Im hoping with the new iPhone hardware that I will be able to beat the 2.1mbs I pull on my Droid now.
    That would be great if I lived or visited NE FL alot but I don't except maybe once a year if that much. In NW FL and North FL (Tallahassee, Pensacola,etc) it is very spotty. In Gainesville alone while going up the street I don't get 3G or even on different levels of my house there I don't always have 3G which is a big problem for me since Gainesville is supposed to be fully covered. My school was maybe a mile or 2 from where I lived but on campus no 3G. I rode the train from DC to Deland once and had no reception the entire trip which is pretty much down the east coast. It's unacceptable to me for a 3G network that's supposed to be developed because I travel equally between rural and metro areas and I need coverage. I would expect that kind of coverage from T-Mobile since their 3G is still kinda new but AT&T--uh uh especially not at the price my bill used to run
    Last edited by ASLgeek; 06-10-10 at 07:19 PM.
    06-10-10 07:07 PM

That would be great if I lived or visited NE FL alot but I don't except maybe once a year if that much. In NW FL and North FL (Tallahassee, Pensacola,etc) it is very spotty. In Gainesville alone while going up the street I don't get 3G or even on different levels of my house there I don't always have 3G which is a big problem for me since Gainesville is supposed to be fully covered. My school was maybe a mile or 2 from where I lived but on campus no 3G. I rode the train from DC to Deland once and had no reception the entire trip which is pretty much down the east coast. It's unacceptable to me for a 3G network that's supposed to be developed because I travel equally between rural and metro areas and I need coverage. I would expect that kind of coverage from T-Mobile since their 3G is still kinda new but AT&T--uh uh especially not at the price my bill used to run
    How long ago was that experience with AT&T? They've lit up A LOT of towers and expanded coverage significantly around Florida, those areas included.
    06-10-10 07:30 PM
    AT&T is great in Central Florida. I never have dropped calls anywhere and I am always on 3G. I had to travel to the west coast south of Ocala (Chiefland and Dunnellon) and could not get 3G anywhere. I had Sprint before and it would drop calls as soon as I walked into any building.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 08:55 PM
    How long ago was that experience with AT&T? They've lit up A LOT of towers and expanded coverage significantly around Florida, those areas included.
    Gainesville- maybe alittle under a year ago

Tallahasee- last weekend
    06-13-10 12:17 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD