View Poll Results: Will you buy iPhone 4?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

57 50.89%
  • I would, if it came to Verizon.

18 16.07%
  • NO!

10 8.93%
  • I'll stick with my BB or Android.

22 19.64%
  • Happy with the 3G, 3G S.

5 4.46%
    You can keep whining about it but theyve upped the battery life up to BB status at 7 hours talktime and 40% bigger.

User replaceable is MAYBE a valid point for 1% of the heaviest users. The majority of people will get by just fine with that amount of battery life. Go ask the AVERAGE BB user (not Crackberry user who is those "heavier users") if they carry an extra battery. Id bet youd be shocked at how few carry a spare with them regularly.

ATT is fine for MILLIONS of customers, again yet another stereotype by someone who DOESNT EVEN USE ATT!

And itunes is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. It still one of the better music managing programs out there that everyone can use and access the itunes store to access content.

Wow shocker an IPHONE CONVENTION where 90%+ of the people were likely using an iophone ONLY on ATT. Shocker it was a little clogged; just more ATT bashing with no validity.

Oh thats right, a sore loser, that "one more thing" wasnt a VZW iphone
    LOL, having an iPhone 3G means that I am familiar with AT&T. You should be careful about assuming things. Anyway, the primary reason the 3G was not replaced by a 3Gs and the reason it won't be replaced by the iPhone 4 is AT&T.

It doesn't matter how much talk time the new battery has if it just completely dies and you have to have it and the back of the phone replaced by Apple. Ours is almost there I think...it may be good for two hours?

ITunes is fine for our iPods (all four if them), but it sucks to ha e Apple telling us what apps we can and can't use.

Why would I be a sore loser? I haven't lost anything..m
    06-07-10 09:38 PM
    Note to Apple: User replaceable battery, push email, Verizon, ability to get apps elsewhere, and tethering. Then we'll talk! I don't give a rip about video chat, cover flow, or anything more than a 2 MP camera. That's all meaningless to me.
    To further show ignorance and simple lack of research:

Again, user replaceable battery MAYBE applies to 2% of people out there who actually carry a spare. Most do not whether you can or cant.

Ive owned an iphone a full year now, charging it twice a day and still runs strong. Easy to bash something youve never used for any extensive amount of time or bothered to even research huh? Batteries take YEARS to "just die", and its replaced 100% free under warranty in the first year for any weird failures which happen with any battery out there sometimes.

Push email: running PERFECTLY fine on the iphone since OS 3.

Get apps anywhere: Again works perfectly fine clicking the App Store icon and going OTA to download apps.

Tethering: in OS4, again fail.

So MAYBE you get 1 point, more like 1/2 a point.

If its all so meaningless to you then why are you posting here other than merely to troll hmmmm?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-07-10 at 09:51 PM.
    06-07-10 09:47 PM
    If OS 3 Has push email then how come it takes four hours to get it?

The 3G is plugged in pretty much all day...seriously.

When I mentioned getting apps anywhere I meant other places besides Apple, not a physical location...lol.

I missed that tethering has been added to OS 4. Excuuuuuusssseeeee me!

Why is it trolling if I'm critical of the way a company does business? I'm critical of things RIM does and doesn't do too, but you'd never call that trolling. I won't bend over for any company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 10:02 PM

Oh thats right, a sore loser, that "one more thing" wasnt a VZW iphone
    @&%$ing sucks. Oh well. Ive seen AT&T improve its network throughout Florida so Im going to give it a try. Typical Verizon, way to listen to the millions of their customers just itching to get a iPhone or the many who would switch back for one. This time its their loss. Im pretty sure even though they may not have lost that many to AT&T when the 3G or 3GS hit, this new iPhone 4 is amazing and Im sure they stand to lose a lot more this go round.
    06-07-10 10:09 PM
    @&%$ing sucks. Oh well. Ive seen AT&T improve its network throughout Florida so Im going to give it a try. Typical Verizon, way to listen to the millions of their customers just itching to get a iPhone or the many who would switch back for one. This time its their loss. Im pretty sure even though they may not have lost that many to AT&T when the 3G or 3GS hit, this new iPhone 4 is amazing and Im sure they stand to lose a lot more this go round.
    ATT works fine in FL. Trust me if its just fine in busy Miami, itll be fine most other places in FL.

Dont buy into that "the network" crap, a slogan is as good as the paper its written on. ATT works just fine for tens of millions of people, its just the few problems that get blown up by the media into some montra that people use as an excuse to not even try it out.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-07-10 at 10:13 PM.
    06-07-10 10:10 PM
    ATT works fine in FL. Trust me if its just fine in busy Miami, itll be fine most other places in FL.
    I literally have traveled EWR to ONT/LAX (Newark, NJ to LA/Ontario, CA) with AT&T and had very few problems. And that was with an iPhone 3G. Planning on going back shortly. The iPhone 4 is going to be another game changer apparently. If they make video calling really catch on, AT&T/VZW are going to have to boogie fast getting LTE up to snuff quickly!!!!
    06-07-10 10:15 PM
    Ive had very few problems too. People just like to bash on ATT because its easy, while most of them havent even bothered to give ATT a test run in the last few years if at all ever.

People like that are just ignorant IMO and opinions are worthless based on nothing remote to fact
    06-07-10 10:17 PM

Dont buy into that "the network" crap, a slogan is as good as the paper its written on. ATT works just fine for tens of millions of people, its just the few problems that get blown up by the media into some montra that people use as an excuse to not even try it out.
    Well I can say without bias and from experience that Verizons 3G does work pretty much everywhere and is far superior than AT&Ts. Of course for MOST people AT&Ts 3G coverage is fine but I do travel to many rural areas so I have to have it Thankfully AT&T even has it where I go now so shouldnt be a problem.
    06-07-10 10:27 PM
    Well I can say without bias and from experience that Verizons 3G does work pretty much everywhere and is far superior than AT&Ts. Of course for MOST people AT&Ts 3G coverage is fine but I do travel to many rural areas so I have to have it Thankfully AT&T even has it where I go now so shouldnt be a problem.
    I had AT&T for a month when I purchased an iPhone 3G a year and a half ago and didn't have any problems with them. Although, I could barely get a signal in a movie theater whereas I get a good signal with my Droid in the same theater. No problems with Verizon neither.

I also plan on buying a Droid Window Mount and using my Droid as a GPS later this month as I'm traveling. With Verizon's coverage, I doubt my Droid would have any problems holding a signal. In Texas, IDK what to say about AT&T.
    06-07-10 10:32 PM
    today was the first time that i thought on changing to an iphone..
    06-07-10 10:49 PM
    AT&T is rock solid in SW Florida!
    06-07-10 10:58 PM
    Still no user replaceable battery, still on AT&T, still tied to (sh)iTunes, still No THANK YOU!

I loved it when Jobs couldn't get the webpage to load and asked for a solution and someone yelled "Verizon." LOL!
    I used to have that same stubborn attitude until I forced myself to try something new and it's the best decision i've made when it comes to purchases! The new bold 9700 I had just bout was well.....Just like the old bold I had with a few tweaks. I used to hate Iphone(mostly their fan boys) and was a die hard berry. Now me and my gf love our phones and they do so much more! Iphone is leaps and bounds ahead of RIM and if they don't do something quick they will be going out of business. Speaking of business' our corporation has now implemented Iphone's for all sales and managment positions! I see ALOT of vendors also making the switch to Iphones. I thin RIM's days are numbered. They have failed to keep up with innovation and demand. Their phones are just not cutting it anymore.
    06-07-10 11:11 PM
    Still faster than Verizon, smoother than the Incredible, and tied to the most comprehensive media and app catalog in the world.....THANK YOU
    and not only faster but lets not forget we can be on the phone and browse the web at the same time! bada bing bada boom! I've never had any problems on my iphone and i travel up and down california and nevada! Middle of the dessert "can you hear me now" yes sir i sure can aaaaand I'm checking my account balance as im speaking
    06-07-10 11:17 PM
    I used to have that same stubborn attitude until I forced myself to try something new and it's the best decision i've made when it comes to purchases! The new bold 9700 I had just bout was well.....Just like the old bold I had with a few tweaks. I used to hate Iphone(mostly their fan boys) and was a die hard berry. Now me and my gf love our phones and they do so much more! Iphone is leaps and bounds ahead of RIM and if they don't do something quick they will be going out of business. Speaking of business' our corporation has now implemented Iphone's for all sales and managment positions! I see ALOT of vendors also making the switch to Iphones. I thin RIM's days are numbered. They have failed to keep up with innovation and demand. Their phones are just not cutting it anymore.
    Same here. Ill admit I had never ever laid hands on itunes or an iphone until last summer. Id never touched on in real life. My buddy was sporting a 2g until the 3GS came out and I saw it, but never tried it. I had never had an interest in an iphone, saw it as a more teenager device, etc (insert stereotype). Then the 3G came out and more people were using them, then the 3GS and more and more business people were using them so I decided to buy one and at least try it coming from a Bold 9000. Blew it out of the water is nearly every way.

Perceptions are merely perceptions until you actually try something instead of blowing hot air.
    06-07-10 11:22 PM
    Still no user replaceable battery, still on AT&T, still tied to (sh)iTunes, still No THANK YOU!

I loved it when Jobs couldn't get the webpage to load and asked for a solution and someone yelled "Verizon." LOL!
    +1

Those are my same gripes. I just couldn't be impressed. And I have yet to find the 100 new features they claim are coming on OS4.

Android has already touched the video chatting, the HD recording, the tether is on even the most basic of Android phones. It doesn't even need 4G to be a competitor to the iPhone. With Froyo coming and the other devices coming out Apple needed to do a lot more than this to convince me to reopen my account. I'll come back when they lose the crappy carrier and stop being lazy. The top seat can easily be taken when one gets to comfy and let's their guard down.

On the brightside I do like the fact that pricing is competitive to phones of the same caliber and not outrageously priced.
    06-07-10 11:25 PM
    +1

Those are my same gripes. I just couldn't be impressed. And I have yet to find the 100 new features they claim are coming on OS4.

Android has already touched the video chatting, the HD recording, the tether is on even the most basic of Android phones. It doesn't even need 4G to be a competitor to the iPhone. With Froyo coming and the other devices coming out Apple needed to do a lot more than this to convince me to reopen my account. I'll come back when they lose the crappy carrier and stop being lazy. The top seat can easily be taken when one gets to comfy and let's their guard down.

On the brightside I do like the fact that pricing is competitive to phones of the same caliber and not outrageously priced.
    But to be fair video calling (and a front facing cam) and HD video was only touched for the first time on a US carrier a mere 4 days ago. Its not like Apple is THAT late to the party here. You dont have to be first out of the gate, just find the best way and user friendly to do it. And the sheer number of iphones sold having free video calling to each other WAY outpaces the number of EVOs out there to video chat to each other. (I dont know if you can video call iphone to EVO over a regular cell call, or whether its jsut an iphone to iphone thing right now) Thats a clear advantage, having users to use it with!

It IS packing a 1ghz processor and a clearer screen then most phones offer at 960x640 on a 3.5" screen. The more pixels on the smaller the size means denser pixels and clearer viewing. EVO may be a huge screen but its only 800x480 and on a bigger screen, meaning less a clear clear screen (plus its HUGE to pocket).

I think the 4G hype is a joke, well WIMAX at least. 4mb down and capped at 1mb up? Please Tmo can already kill that in their HSPA+ areas and ATT is right behind them flipping that on which will outpace Sprint's "4G." They hype it as 30x faster than 3G, I beg to differ EVEN if Sprint only average 800kb down, the math doesnt add up; itd be 24mb down! And its only maybe 2-3x faster than HSPA.

Heck on my 3GS Im already seeing near 2mb down and thats just plain old HSPA. The limiting factor is still the hardware, it can only render so fast no matter how much data you throw at it. It may help to download a 100mb video file, but really how often does one do that? More often than not its small amounts of data or web pages.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-07-10 at 11:52 PM.
    06-07-10 11:36 PM
    First off, AT&T covers more of the country (natively) than Verizon does... around 97% I believe, but of course that is 2G/3G coverage.

Something I did notice that goes unnoticed by most is the reason AT&T has this reputation of being bad versus Verizon.

People come to AT&T for the phones, even if their service isn't the best or nonexistent. Verizon only just started getting phones that people wanted like they did on AT&T.

I used to get customers escalating to me at AT&T because their phone didn't work and normally when you don't have service, we won't service you. After researching, more often then not, the used an address that did have service in which they moved to one w/o or they lied to get the device. This is the main reason you'll see a lot of iPhone users complaining about service they don't have, but came over to get a cool phone -- like the iPhone.
    06-07-10 11:39 PM
    But to be fair video calling (and a front facing cam) and HD video was only touched for the first time on a US carrier a mere 4 days ago. Its not like Apple is THAT late to the party here. You dont have to be first out of the gate, just find the best way and user friendly to do it.

It IS packing a 1ghz processor and a clearer screen then most phones offer at 960x640 on a 3.5" screen. The more pixels on the smaller the size means denser pixels and clearer viewing. EVO may be a huge screen but its only 800x480 and on a bigger screen, meaning less a clear clear screen (plus its HUGE to pocket).

I think the 4G hype is a joke, well WIMAX at least. 4mb down and capped at 1mb up? Please Tmo can already kill that in their HSPA+ areas and ATT is right behind them flipping that on which will outpace Sprint's "4G." Heck on my 3GS Im already seeing near 2mb down and thats just plain old HSPA.
    Believe me I give props where its due and Apple in itself makes a good product but I looked at the videos and specs and just couldnt get excited. I know you really like ATT. But I have tried every generation iPhone and used to live in FL (moved less than a year ago) and have been in FL for vacation alittle over a month and in Northern, Western and Central FL its spotty at best so that dispelled anything about people not trying it recently or at all. If I move an inch bye bye 3G, hello edge. I went into the mountains in VA had no ATT service, no Tmobile...only Verizon. I need ATT step up their network to everywhere I wanna be.

I'm still waiting for Android to get a deaf friendlyapp in their market which Apple has but if I'm using that service I need reliable coverage because if the connection drops I have to start all over again with a new operator. My wishful thinking has me hoping that the developer will utilize the video calling both phones with their P3 software so that I can just make calls using video like I do with my videophone. Maybe i'll get one and pair it to my EVO hotspot for some reliability lol.

Like I said the EVO doesn't really actually need the 4G to be a competitor so....yea.
    Last edited by ASLgeek; 06-07-10 at 11:58 PM.
    06-07-10 11:51 PM
    I know you really like ATT. But I used to live in FL and have been in FL for vacation alittle over a month and in Northern, Western and Central FL its spotty at best. If I move an inch bye bye 3G, hello edge.
    I wouldnt even say "really like" its just cell service, if it works it works. They have fast 3G data and have relatively few problems with them. But I do have issue with the fact I paid $200 over the 2 yr price last summer for an iphone and my eligibility is still 2011, when some who got 2 yr pricing on their 3GS are already eligible again for a 4G. So its not all "likes" per say, but Ill just call my executive CS rep (yes I have my own sadly and in my phone book because of an issue with pricing in a similar scenario last year) and negotiate myself into the 2yr pricing.

I cant speak for north of here, but Southern Florida (Miami area) is just blanketed by ATT and works quite well all over the area.
    06-08-10 12:00 AM
    Remember, FaceTime is WIFI ONLY at this point.

And thanks for the responses guys.
    Personally if I owned a business, yes I would issue only BB's as work devices.
    But I might have an iPhone as my personal phone.

And try to stay on topic. This is not a jab at AT&T's service (or lack thereof), but if Apple is even trying to compete with RIM at this point.

I still think Apple and Google are chasing each other (even though Apple or anyone who loves Apple wouldn't admit that Apple needs to do this). And RIM is getting left behind either trying to catch up with the two that are unconcerned at this point, or needs to be steady building phones in their current form factors.
    Also keep in mind that RIM has pricepoint in mind now with AT&T's pricing and their slew of devices. This has helped maintained market share for them.
    06-08-10 01:55 AM
    Remember, FaceTime is WIFI ONLY at this point.

Also keep in mind that RIM has pricepoint in mind now with AT&T's pricing and their slew of devices. This has helped maintained market share for them.

Rim is and will do fine.
    The emerging Third World countries cannot even look at an Apple or Android products because of their data consumption. Rim is sitting pretty.

There is also people like me that want performance without the fluff. I know what Apple offers and I'm still not interested.

Trix are for kids people and the video chat is another who cares feature for people that need to get work done.
    06-08-10 06:01 AM
    AT&T is rock solid in SW Florida!
    Thats good to know because I travel to that area often.
    06-08-10 07:41 AM
    Believe me I give props where its due and Apple in itself makes a good product but I looked at the videos and specs and just couldnt get excited. I know you really like ATT. But I have tried every generation iPhone and used to live in FL (moved less than a year ago) and have been in FL for vacation alittle over a month and in Northern, Western and Central FL its spotty at best so that dispelled anything about people not trying it recently or at all. If I move an inch bye bye 3G, hello edge. I went into the mountains in VA had no ATT service, no Tmobile...only Verizon. I need ATT step up their network to everywhere I wanna be.
    To be honest, Im one of AT&T's harshest critics but I can tell you in Northern FL AT&T is far from spotty at best, sorry. They've always had OK voice coverage and their 3G only covered Jacksonville but last Fall they lit up a crap-ton of towers for voice and 3G. 3G now blankets all of NE FL and down the the coast too. Their voice is also much better than it used to. Now its still not on par with Verizon but then again Id say its probably around 85% as good as Verizon which will be just fine. Im hoping with the new iPhone hardware that I will be able to beat the 2.1mbs I pull on my Droid now.
    06-08-10 07:57 AM
    I know I'm going for the 32GB this time. Previously, I always went for the lower storage model, 8GB on 3G and 16GB on 3GS. But with HD recording and iMovie I will definitely need the extra space. On my 3GS I have about 2 GB left so I know with the new stuff, I'll need additional space.
    06-08-10 10:49 AM

I used to get customers escalating to me at AT&T because their phone didn't work and normally when you don't have service, we won't service you. After researching, more often then not, the used an address that did have service in which they moved to one w/o or they lied to get the device. This is the main reason you'll see a lot of iPhone users complaining about service they don't have, but came over to get a cool phone -- like the iPhone.
    I just wanted to say +1 to this, because where I live (and obviously work) there is a pretty huge area about 15 miles away that does not get AT&T service. We wouldn't activate them in the store, so they'd stroll on down to WalMart or wherever, give them a local address, and activate service. Days later they'd be back in my store griping about poor service, etc.

I just had to say something because I've never seen it mentioned on here before, and I think it's an excellent (and very true) point.
    06-08-10 03:01 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD