View Poll Results: Will you buy iPhone 4?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

57 50.89%
  • I would, if it came to Verizon.

18 16.07%
  • NO!

10 8.93%
  • I'll stick with my BB or Android.

22 19.64%
  • Happy with the 3G, 3G S.

5 4.46%
    With the introduction of the iPhone 4, I believe Apple has placed themselves in direct competition of Google and Android.
    They are no longer (or never were) a competitor for the market that BlackBerry aims towards. Unless RIM was planning this with OS 6.

I have to say the EVO 4G and the iPhone 4 look like they were meant to go head to head in sales.

What do you all think? Will RIM maintain a steady market share as always, with the iPhone targeting other features now?

http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/07/apple...nces-iphone-4/
    Interesting specs so far.
    06-07-10 01:47 PM
    With the amount of marketshare that Apple has gained just since 2007, I really think RIM should be worried. I also don't think Apple really has much to worry about with Android at this point, and going forward.
    06-07-10 01:50 PM
    I agree. The featured of the iphone 4 are features I don't think will ever come to BB. Android and Iphone pushing the limits on what consumers can have in a phone. I think there is such a huge gap between them and BB right now on a consumer level. With that being said, I love my BB and have no plans on jumping to another platform.
    06-07-10 01:53 PM
    With all the high-end android devices that have come out in the past few months with their ultra-specs and the ones yet to be released from Samsung, Dell, and HTC, I think the new iphone unveiling doesn't have the wow factor of the past.

Not that it's a bad thing...simply the competition has caught up with available technology. As for Rimm, I think the most important piece of OS6 is to get the browser right and make sure the OS isn't laggy. That's probably the 2 biggest complaints the majority of blackberry users have with the current offerings.
    06-07-10 01:57 PM
    The browser is the key. If they get the browser right they will salvage most of the potential deserters.
    06-07-10 02:23 PM
    OS6 had better step it up. I just watched the new iPhone video, now posted on Apple.com, and I think RIM is going to have some steady competition. RIM's, current, 35% market share may take another significant hit. Video calling alone... What does quarters 3 and 4 have in store for RIM?
    06-07-10 02:27 PM
    the Evo 4G is a tank! it's huuuuge compared to the iphone. but it does have the 4G wimax capability (where it's available), which the iphone does not.
    06-07-10 02:29 PM
    the Evo 4G is a tank! it's huuuuge compared to the iphone. but it does have the 4G wimax capability (where it's available), which the iphone does not.
    They wanted to be first to market. With Apple having the WWDC 2010 this week, they knew they'd need that "edge".
    06-07-10 02:36 PM
    Still no user replaceable battery, still on AT&T, still tied to (sh)iTunes, still No THANK YOU!

I loved it when Jobs couldn't get the webpage to load and asked for a solution and someone yelled "Verizon." LOL!
    06-07-10 02:40 PM
    Still no user replaceable battery, still on AT&T, still tied to (sh)iTunes, still No THANK YOU!
    X2.................My sentiments exactly !!!!!!
    06-07-10 03:46 PM
    To a certain extent, I think that some people, no matter what the iPhone 4 came out with, would find a reason to hate it. That being said, touchscreens aren't for everyone, but I for one will be pre-ordering it the minute I wake up on the 15th.

I think BB was never a head on competitor, because where BB thrives is for companies due to its productivity and security (both A+). Companies can care less if the web browser is smooth, or if the app store is plenteous, they care about productivity, so if anything, the iPhone gajillion apps go AGAINST a business owners purpose for company devices because at the very least, it would be a distraction, not a benefit.

More INDIVIDUAL bb users will continue to exodus from bb to iPhone, so BB needs to focus on what got them here to stability, not with competing with really "cool" phones.
    06-07-10 03:56 PM
    I agree with most of you guys and think bberrys will go back to being primarily a phone for those corporate users. I really don't see how Iad will be something that someone like myself who works for an Investment Bank would want to see when responding to emails everyday.

I believe RIM will continue to lose share of the US market but i look forward to them making their devices way better because a 480/360 resolution does not cut it any more.
    06-07-10 04:06 PM

I loved it when Jobs couldn't get the webpage to load and asked for a solution and someone yelled "Verizon." LOL!
    Still faster than Verizon, smoother than the Incredible, and tied to the most comprehensive media and app catalog in the world.....THANK YOU
    06-07-10 04:08 PM
    I would really like to get the new iPhone but att coverage in my neck of the woods is basically non-existant I wish apple would go ahead and partner up with other carriers. It would increase sales like crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 04:09 PM
    I hear you and respect your position............ maybe so and maybe the exodus will intensify when such a great device becomes available within any other service provider but AT&T !
    06-07-10 04:09 PM
    Im afraid Im going to have to become a statistic...one of the hundreds of thousands that are about to drop Verizon and pick this up. Sorry Lowell McAdam you can KMA. Obviously Verizon is still its usual pompous smug self that thinks they dont need to listen to their consumers. Oh well, I was hopeful it would atleast be mentioned that it was going to other carriers. But now that not even a mention of going to T-Mo was made, Im pretty sure that its not going to happen for any other carrier. AT&T has made huge strides in Florida so I will probably try it out for 30 days and see how it does. Im definitely not bringing my other 3 lines over and my wife is content to keep her BB on Verizon and I for one would like to keep my backup line for Verizon in case I need it. I cant even tell you how many Verizon users I know that were just waiting for the word to be able to go drop how much ever on this. Now it looks like quite a few of us will be jumping to the dark side.
    06-07-10 04:52 PM
    With the amount of marketshare that Apple has gained just since 2007, I really think RIM should be worried.
    Agreed.
    RIM needs to get with the game they did a great job stepping out of just the "business world" and stepping into multimedia smartphones. They make great products and development for them is much more open than Apple. The security better than crApple and RIM incorporates several different designs and several different carriers.
    I do have a bad feeling RIM will lose out between crApple and Android though.
    06-07-10 04:54 PM
    Im afraid Im going to have to become a statistic...one of the hundreds of thousands that are about to drop Verizon and pick this up. Sorry Lowell McAdam you can KMA. Obviously Verizon is still its usual pompous smug self that thinks they dont need to listen to their consumers. Oh well, I was hopeful it would atleast be mentioned that it was going to other carriers. But now that not even a mention of going to T-Mo was made, Im pretty sure that its not going to happen for any other carrier. AT&T has made huge strides in Florida so I will probably try it out for 30 days and see how it does. Im definitely not bringing my other 3 lines over and my wife is content to keep her BB on Verizon and I for one would like to keep my backup line for Verizon in case I need it. I cant even tell you how many Verizon users I know that were just waiting for the word to be able to go drop how much ever on this. Now it looks like quite a few of us will be jumping to the dark side.
    It was said that AT&T paid Apple to keep the iPhone locked to them until 2012.

I like the iPhone but I also like my Droid as well as Verizon's service. Nothing against AT&T but I'd rather pay the same amount for much better service. I mean I always have 3G on my Droid, even inside buildings. I'm just glad Verizon will continue to get high end Android phones.

And who cares if people migrate to AT&T. That's gonna suck even more for people who suffer from the bogged network.
    06-07-10 05:18 PM

truncated emails, fake html email, battery pulls, crap world, worst browser, no thank you
    06-07-10 05:33 PM
    Love my fast AT&T service..
    06-07-10 06:30 PM
    I like the new 4g. I'll will however be sticking with BB (I'm in love). So I'm selling my soulless iPod Touch and going for a soulless iPad to mate with my iMac and BB.

I think part of my problem is that all the people I don't want to be associated in the tech world (grandmothers, moms, village idiots, brother inlaws) are buying the devices like there is no tomorrow and then telling me how great they are.

Nice phone though really...it is nice
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 06-07-10 at 07:03 PM.
    06-07-10 07:01 PM
    truncated emails, fake html email, battery pulls, crap world, worst browser, no thank you
    Can't argue the truncated email issue...RIM needs to "fix" that.

I honestly don't care about the html email, but I'll let you have that anyway.

I don't have to do battery pulls any more with the S2 than on the 3G. Oh wait, you can't pull the battery on the iPhone...lol!

AppWorld does kinda suck, but here's the great thing about it. WE"RE NOT TIED TO IT!!!

I don't know if it's necessarily the worst, but the BB browser is slow. Guess what though...I can tether my BB to my laptop and that isn't a problem anymore!

Anyway, there are definitely things I like about the iPhone, most notably the looks. The iPhone 4 simply looks outstanding. Well, the black one does anyway. The white one looks ghey. I'm sure the new display is worlds ahead of the old sucky one our 3G has, the processor is better than anything I've ever had, and it doesn't limit your apps and OS to 256 MB of memory!

But, in the end it's still not right for me. Note to Apple: User replaceable battery, push email, Verizon, ability to get apps elsewhere, and tethering. Then we'll talk! I don't give a rip about video chat, cover flow, or anything more than a 2 MP camera. That's all meaningless to me.
    06-07-10 07:38 PM
    I like the new 4g. I'll will however be sticking with BB (I'm in love). So I'm selling my soulless iPod Touch and going for a soulless iPad to mate with my iMac and BB.
    I too am all over this as soon as I'm able to pre-order, and since I skipped the 3Gs all together I'm hoping the power/speed of the iPhone 4 just blows me away.

I quoted the above because there seems to be a lot of Mac users on here that use BB's and I'm wondering if you guys (RetroAndreas can speak for all of you lol) have ever used the iphone? Only asking because of how usefull/seamless the syncing of contacts, calendars, photo's, etc... is. I loved my 9530 (believe it or not) but after using my iPhone with my MacBook I'm not sure I could ever go back based on that alone.
    Last edited by drewbrim; 06-07-10 at 07:53 PM.
    06-07-10 07:51 PM
    Love my fast AT&T service..
    Are you in FL? Im definitely leaning towards moving my primary line to get the iPhone 4. I know for a fact from experience that AT&T has improved tremendously in areas in FL.
    06-07-10 08:00 PM

You can keep whining about it but theyve upped the battery life up to BB status at 7 hours talktime and 40% bigger.

User replaceable is MAYBE a valid point for 1% of the heaviest users. The majority of people will get by just fine with that amount of battery life. Go ask the AVERAGE BB user (not Crackberry user who is those "heavier users") if they carry an extra battery. Id bet youd be shocked at how few carry a spare with them regularly.

ATT is fine for MILLIONS of customers, again yet another stereotype by someone who DOESNT EVEN USE ATT!

And itunes is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. It still one of the better music managing programs out there that everyone can use and access the itunes store to access content.

Wow shocker an IPHONE CONVENTION where 90%+ of the people were likely using an iophone ONLY on ATT. Shocker it was a little clogged; just more ATT bashing with no validity.

Oh thats right, a sore loser, that "one more thing" wasnt a VZW iphone
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-07-10 at 08:15 PM.
    06-07-10 08:09 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD