I mean set up a "group" such as the baseball team and place everyone in the box?

Not what they currently do is have one ongoing text message you can never close unless you want to start over.
    06-07-10 06:33 PM
    naaah i dont think so, it seems apple still lacks some of these features
    06-07-10 07:58 PM
    I'm confused what you're requesting... is it a feature that is on another device's OS?

I know there are apps in the app store to accomplish this. I could be wrong, but I've never really needed to do this.

I know it was a pain for one of the directors at my old company when he wanted to send an email. He went right back to his Bold because of it.
    06-07-10 08:29 PM
    Yes. In BB contacts, you can make a "group" with a name such as "Team" and then enroll members into it off your contact list. So to text all you just choose the contact Team and it broadcasts the message.

In Iphone. you have to choose all your contacts and keep an ongoing open text message, instead of choosing just one name of a group.
    06-07-10 10:05 PM
    Yup... I have groups on my BB, but honestly, I never really had the need for groups unless it was "Mother's Day" or a special holiday when I wanted to send out a mass text.
    06-07-10 10:38 PM
    I hope facechat or whatever its called can be a BBm replacement for text.
    06-08-10 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD