07-10-10 04:48 PM
37 12
tools
    My MacBook Pro gets steaming hot since it doesn't have a fan (I don't think) the body radiates heat.

Does that mean its going to go nuclear and Napalm my face off?
    07-09-10 02:49 PM
    I'm just surprised no one has brought up the obvious fact this happens in laptop computers as well, only those are much bigger batteries and more terrifying when they do flame up.
    Agreed. A laptop battery stores a load of energy and on the rare occasions these have let go, it's been quite serious.

However a phone in my pants pocket is one of the places I would rather not have an external fire. A bit too close for comfort .
    07-09-10 02:50 PM
    Agreed. A laptop battery stores a load of energy and on the rare occasions these have let go, it's been quite serious.

However a phone in my pants pocket is one of the places I would rather not have an external fire. A bit too close for comfort .
    Actually I've had this nagging little fear of sitting somewhere with a laptop on my legs and something bad happening. I know it's not going to happen, but what if...

There's always that 1 in 1 billion chance right?
    07-09-10 02:58 PM
    Of course its a serious issue I just thought it was pointless because someone just wanted to start another my phone is better than your phone thread in the beginning. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but that's what it sounded like it was starting off as.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 03:09 PM
    Of course its a serious issue I just thought it was pointless because someone just wanted to start another my phone is better than your phone thread in the beginning. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but that's what it sounded like it was starting off as.

You were not wrong. It did start that way but it got better.

No need to apologise. I thought the same as you originally. It sure looked that way.
    07-09-10 03:12 PM
    MY GOD .... What have I started .

Apple fanboys have been bashing the storm and blackberry for years now . Well now its our turn lol ...What ever the short comings or faults the blackberry have, there are an excellent phone for most of the time . Plus RIM is working hard behind the scenes to fix everything and are moving faster than before . I have said it before in the forums . Rim has no chose anymore but to catch up. Do it quicker or they could lose everything just as fast to rivals . If they dont do something amazing before the end of the year and they will . Just you wait and see . They could be in more serious trouble this time next year .

What amazes me is no matter what phone it is . Something this new and suppose to be such a great high end phone is having this many problems ... Seriously Steve Job(head) grow a pair and do a recall and give the people what they paid with their hard earned money . A proper working phone like a BLACKBERRY ...

If this happen to me and the phone burnt like that i would hop the phone off Steve Jobs for selling me such a piece of crap in the first place. Bloody dictator.

Be a man Jobs and do a recall !!!

BB for life .....
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 07-09-10 at 06:54 PM.
    07-09-10 06:40 PM

Apple fanboys have been bashing the storm and blackberry for years now . Well now its our turn lol ...What ever the short comings or faults the blackberry have, there are an excellent phone for most of the time . Plus RIM is working hard behind the scenes to fix everything and are moving faster than before . I have said it before in the forums . Rim has no chose anymore but to catch up. Do it quicker or they could lose everything just as fast to rivals . If they dont do something amazing before the end of the year and they will . Just you wait and see . They could be in more serious trouble this time next year .

What amazes me is no matter what phone it is . Something this new and suppose to be such a great high end phone is having this many problems ... Seriously Steve Job(head) grow a pair and do a recall and give the people what they paid with their hard earned money . A proper working phone like a BLACKBERRY ...

If this happen to me and the phone burnt like that i would hop the phone off Steve Jobs for selling me such a piece of crap in the first place. Bloody dictator.

BB for life .....
    The last thing we need is more trolls, get a life.
    07-09-10 08:19 PM
    The last thing we need is more trolls, get a life.
    +1, move the h3ll on...
    07-09-10 08:20 PM
    +1 trolls degrade the quality of forums, but the caps lock.
    07-09-10 11:22 PM
    MY GOD .... What have I started
    Why would you feel the need to start anything in the first place?
    07-10-10 10:44 AM

BB for life .....

Trolls

The phone works just fine for most people. Of course tiny things are blown WAY out of proportion because its THE most popular phone out there right now. Just like you dont hear about the local murderer who gets life in jail, but if a celeb does the same its all over every news station for a week. Popular items get the media attention.

And big deal 1 out of 3 MILLION phones has a bad usb port. So what? Do you have any clue as to what the acceptable failure rate in manufacturing is? I assure you its more than 1 in 3 million.

Of course BB fanboys will make a huge deal out of it to nitpick any negative thing they can possibly find in the news. Sad truth is no one in the media cares enough about BB to report on it if something similar happened which i ASSURE you happens to 1 phone somewhere in the world no matter who the manufacturer is.
    07-10-10 01:37 PM
    This Iphone thing is getting a little old. If it works for u keep it... If it doesn't give it back. I think with them not charging you to return it, they (Apple) did there part.
    Apple does have great advertising and this has created some really strong followers. To the point that they would defend this company no matter what. One thing that sucks more then a "hater" is die hard "fanboy" and let me tell you there's a couple around this forum that seem to take anything against apple a little to personal. Same goes for some BB users.
    Just to make things clear to some Apple or BB or Android does not care about you. They don't even know you exist. You are #15324 to them so there is no need to defend a company that wouldn't give you a dime if you were starving on the streets.
    It's actually pretty pathetic how some people defend these company's. They all SUCK... The only thing they have is a product that we need ( or developed a need for ) and this is the only reason I use there product. So use the product that best suits your needs and enjoy it. There's no need to hate and definitely no need to defend these company's

07-10-10 04:48 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD