Well I have both, currently iPhone 4 (activated with AT&T) and Blackberry Tour 9630 (Unactivated, previously with Verizon)

I know they both have sim cards and I really love my blackberry, and my iPhone, and was curious to see if I could swap the Sim cards, or possibly buy an adapter for the blackberry (since the iphone's sim is significantly smaller) and be able to use both?

Much thanks in advance!
    10-19-10 09:30 PM
    Yes, you just need to buy a microSIM to miniSIM adapter. They're cheap on eBay.
    10-19-10 09:51 PM
    Yes, you just need to buy a microSIM to miniSIM adapter. They're cheap on eBay.
    Will I be charged anything extra? i have a 2gb plan on my iphone,

will there be any problems, and is that it?!?!

It seems too good to be true :3
    10-19-10 09:58 PM
    Well, your Tour needs to be unlocked. You can probably get it for free or minimal cost. Your Tour's data functions probably won't work right on the iPhone data plan. You might want to swap to a BB data plan and use that with iPhone. I think you lose visual vm if you do that though.
    10-19-10 10:01 PM
    Well, your Tour needs to be unlocked. You can probably get it for free or minimal cost. Your Tour's data functions probably won't work right on the iPhone data plan. You might want to swap to a BB data plan and use that with iPhone. I think you lose visual vm if you do that though.
    And how do I unlock my blackberry? And by data functions do you mean stuff like bbm etc?
    10-19-10 10:09 PM
    By data functions I mean pretty much everything. BB's need a BB specific data plan because the BB's PIN needs to register itself on the network or else nothing works right. To get your BB unlocked, you can ask Verizon or use an unlocking service. I think there are some guys in the marketplace that offer that service.
    10-19-10 10:18 PM
    By data functions I mean pretty much everything. BB's need a BB specific data plan because the BB's PIN needs to register itself on the network or else nothing works right. To get your BB unlocked, you can ask Verizon or use an unlocking service. I think there are some guys in the marketplace that offer that service.
    Even though my blackberry was previously activated and had a pin, I still need to get the blackberry specific plan? would I just call up at&t and tell them I want to switch my iPhone plan to a blackberry plan?
    10-19-10 10:29 PM
    Even though my blackberry was previously activated and had a pin, I still need to get the blackberry specific plan? would I just call up at&t and tell them I want to switch my iPhone plan to a blackberry plan?
    Yes, you need a BB plan for a BB's data function to work correctly. If you doubt me, try it and see for yourself.

Once you get your Tour unlocked, call AT&T and tell them you now use a BB and need a BB plan. Once that's done, follow the instructions on the sticky above on how to use a BB data plan with iPhone. You will probably lose visual voicemail on the iPhone. An acceptable solution is to sign up for Google Voice and send your missed calls there. Google Voice will send you email or SMS notifications of voicemails. It can also email you voicemail transcriptions.
    10-19-10 11:15 PM
    Yeah, no doubt! Just making sure

Alright, So just purchase the adapters, unlock bb, change plan, and I should be good. I don't even use visual voicemail.

I'll order the adapters and tell you guys if it was a success.

Thanks so much Roo Zilla!!
    10-19-10 11:23 PM
    I looked for the adapters and when I searched mini sim or micro sim i kept coming to the same page on google shopping.
    Google

is that all i need?
    10-23-10 12:41 AM
    I looked for the adapters and when I searched mini sim or micro sim i kept coming to the same page on google shopping.
    Google

is that all i need?
    Yes, that's what you need. The one that goes from small to large, not the other way around.
    10-23-10 01:50 AM
    Yes, that's what you need. The one that goes from small to large, not the other way around.
    Alright, now the next order of business, the BB plan on an iphone,

Im not worried about losing the visual vm, but this thread says it doesn't work for iphones on OS 4.0 D:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...a-plan-348311/
    10-23-10 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD