Greetings from a noob. have have my Iphone for officially 30 hours now :-) It seems my battery drains like running water :O any tips on how to fix/save battery life? I jailbroke my phone an hour after i got it and dont consider myself having a whole lot of apps. (I could be wrong).

08-17-10 08:57 AM
    It depends on the apps you downloaded from Cydia. Some run in the background.

The battery life does get better. Give it a week. I am also sure you're constantly unlocking it to check something and than you lock it again. Or you're just constantly on it. With downloading and removing applications, and respringing, the battery will drain fast.

Once the newness wears off and you have most of your setting where youfinally want them, it will be better. I had 4 hours of usage with 15 hours of standby and my battery was at 70%. It was at 86% until I started downloading themes off Cydia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:32 AM
    Location based apps like foursquare kill my battery life. Do you have some of these? Obviously don't use the screen at full brightness, turn off wi-fi when possible.
    08-17-10 02:06 PM
    Location based apps like foursquare kill my battery life. Do you have some of these? Obviously don't use the screen at full brightness, turn off wi-fi when possible.
    No my brightness is not high. I have my wifi set to off. i'm not sure how to "work" cydia seriously thinking of removing it. this navigation is not as simple as it was on the Blackberry :-) i dont use foursquare and as for my IM i use nimbuzz but i'm not on it often
    08-17-10 02:25 PM

The battery life does get better. Give it a week. I am also sure you're constantly unlocking it to check something and than you lock it again. Or you're just constantly on it. With downloading and removing applications, and respringing, the battery will drain fast.

Once the newness wears off and you have most of your setting where youfinally want them, it will be better. I had 4 hours of usage with 15 hours of standby and my battery was at 70%. It was at 86% until I started downloading themes off Cydia.

learning cydia is tricky. i did notice a significant drop when respringing. VERY significant. i guess i can remove most of this stuff off my phone from cydia that i dont use....eh i'll play around with it some more. thanks for the tip/help. :-)
    08-17-10 02:36 PM
    Battery will get better in a few days after power cycling.. draining battery all the way down, then charging all the way up..
    08-17-10 04:06 PM
    Battery will get better in a few days after power cycling.. draining battery all the way down, then charging all the way up..
    All the way down to 0? It was practically at zero when i got it out of the box. i've done a lot of respringing with cydia. but i've since removed it. So do i let it get down to 0 and then charge it all the way back up? Thanks for the help/tip :-)
    08-18-10 08:49 AM
    I am not jailbroken so I do not know the effect it has on the battery, but to answer your question if it has to be 0, no. Just low, I'd say below 10% then all the way up to 100. Apple's iOS has much to do with the battery performance, it's not all the battery itself, so again I do not know what jailbreaking will do to it.
    08-18-10 09:27 AM
    Greetings from a noob. have have my Iphone for officially 30 hours now :-) It seems my battery drains like running water :O any tips on how to fix/save battery life? I jailbroke my phone an hour after i got it and dont consider myself having a whole lot of apps. (I could be wrong).

The battery on the Iphone will drain like a sieve. Just keep a car charger handy and plug in when you can. It's worth it though.

As far as saving power? You can do the usual things:
    1. turn off push notifications
    2. turn down the screen brightness
    3. turn off wifi if not using
    4. turn off gps / locate
    5. shut down apps when not using

Now that being said, I don't do any of those things. I plug in when needed and roll on.
    08-18-10 09:47 AM
    The battery on the Iphone will drain like a sieve. Just keep a car charger handy and plug in when you can. It's worth it though.

As far as saving power? You can do the usual things:
    1. turn off push notifications
    2. turn down the screen brightness
    3. turn off wifi if not using
    4. turn off gps / locate
    5. shut down apps when not using

Now that being said, I don't do any of those things. I plug in when needed and roll on.
    love it. Thanks i did turn down my screen brightness and wifi unless i'm downloading.
    08-18-10 09:58 AM
    I completely agree with you,

Thanks for sharing that, it was wonderful of you.
    08-19-10 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD