So, I switched from a 9700 to a IPhone 4 about 6 weeks ago. I was all excited about the 9800, but it just didn't compare to the Iphone 4. There are days when I really miss my berry. I thought I would share a few thoughts for those that are thinking about switching.

Here are some of things I really like about the Iphone 4:
    1. The web browser is amazing. I can pull up any site. Scrolling is smooth, zoom in and out, open multiple pages and the like. One thing you can not do is watch any flash videos embedded in a web site.
    2. The camera takes awesome shots, and HDR is great. Having the front facing camera is so fun to use because you can see what you taking when doing a self portrait.
    3. Apps. A crazy world full of apps. Yes a lot of them suck, but the good ones are crazy. The games and utilities are crazy.
    4. Delete an app: Gotta love this, just delete and roll on, no rebooting required, same for installing.
    5. Touchscreen. Quite responsive, like it knows what you want to do.
    6. No IT policy: I can actually use my phone and do what I want with it. And yes I still have access to work email through exchange

Here is what I miss about my berry:
    1.BBM: nothing else like it
    2. Notifications: they are so weak on the IP4 unless you jailbreak
    3. Push Email: You can get one, yes one account with push on a IP4. I had to pay $9 for a service (lifetime cost) to get push email for the rest of my accounts
    4. Physical Keyboard: you just can not type as fast on a touchscreen
    5. Sounds: yes, I said I miss notifications and like, but I miss the sound of a blackberry.

So, in a nut shell....I really like my IP4 and will keep it until RIM can deliver a product to equal or better it.
    09-13-10 06:00 PM
    What is the program for $9 that will give push email to multiple accounts?
    09-13-10 07:01 PM
    3. Push Email: You can get one, yes one account with push on a IP4. I had to
    Not true, iOS4 supports multiple Exchange accounts (Gmail, yahoo, Exchange, windows Live, etc) which all use Exchange technology
    09-13-10 07:02 PM
    Not true, iOS4 supports multiple Exchange accounts (Gmail, yahoo, Exchange, windows Live, etc) which all use Exchange technology
    Please explain. I am on iOS4.0.1 and I can't seem to figure out how to have more than one account push. I know if you install Google Apps you can push one more, but I can't figure out how to set up multiple Exchange accounts as you state. I sure hope your information proves to be true.
    09-13-10 07:15 PM
    What is the program for $9 that will give push email to multiple accounts?
    It is called Mail Notifier. Pretty cool stuff. You can turn off all email checking except for your main Exchange account and it will push email to your phone.
    09-13-10 07:27 PM
    Thanks for the insight. I am so glad I got the iphone. I have yet to experience the dropped calls or antenna issues. I did not know about #3, the push email. That's why I only set up my comcast account. I have gmail but really only used that when an android.
    09-13-10 07:35 PM
    I4 supports multiple Exchange accounts. I have 4 set up on my i4 at the moment. When you set up a new account, just pick Exchange each time. Also, it's not just i4, rather iOS 4. When I had my 3GS on iOS 4 I also set it up with the same 4 accounts.

Here's Apple's description page which clearly mentions multiple Exchange accounts.

Apple - iPhone 4 - Take your mail with you everywhere
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-13-10 at 08:25 PM.
    09-13-10 07:52 PM
    I4 supports multiple Exchange accounts. I have 4 set up on my i4 at the moment. When you set up a new account, just pick Exchange each time. Also, it's not just i4, rather iOS 4. When I had my 3GS on iOS 4 I also set it up with the same 4 accounts.
    You da man! Thanks for the info. That was one of my gripes with the iPhone.
    09-13-10 08:35 PM

Here's Apple's description page which clearly mentions multiple Exchange accounts.

Apple - iPhone 4 - Take your mail with you everywhere
    I have my own domain and also use a company domain. Both not on exchange. Will the iPhone push those emails like the BB does?
    09-13-10 08:51 PM
    I have my own domain and also use a company domain. Both not on exchange. Will the iPhone push those emails like the BB does?
    With your own domain you should get Google apps. Its gmail but sends/receives with your domain email. Its really cheap too, I think ours was $50 a year for 5 users.
    09-13-10 09:09 PM
    With your own domain you should get Google apps. Its gmail but sends/receives with your domain email. Its really cheap too, I think ours was $50 a year for 5 users.
    Google Apps is actually free unless you get the upgraded version. Very few individuals need the upgrade though.
    09-13-10 09:34 PM
    BB doesn't push standard POP or IMAP emails either. They do a workaround where you forward your emails to their server. You can do similar by using one of the free services like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo.

Let's say you forward your emails to a Gmail account. Gmail will push email to iPhone once it's set up as an Exchange account. Then you set your up your regular account and have it set as the default account. Then in settings, you choose which server you send and reply emails from. Choosing your POP3/IMAP server will allow you to reply and send emails from that account while receiving your emails through Gmail.

Alternatively, if you're not in a big hurry to get your emails, you can just use fetch.
    09-13-10 09:38 PM
    You da man! Thanks for the info. That was one of my gripes with the iPhone.
    If you are using Google Apps, you have to turn on Mobile Sync in the "Manage this domain" control panel. In regular Gmail, it's turned on by default, but in Google Apps, it's turned off.
    09-13-10 09:40 PM
    Love, love LOVE my iPhone 4...would have loved to have a Torch, but the BIS dropping issue was a dealbreaker for me. Did not want to have to wipre my phone everytime I went from wi-fi to BIS (which would be every day). As for your email issue, I have both my email accounts (yahoo and gmail) on mine with no problems.
    09-13-10 09:40 PM
    Love, love LOVE my iPhone 4...would have loved to have a Torch, but the BIS dropping issue was a dealbreaker for me. Did not want to have to wipre my phone everytime I went from wi-fi to BIS (which would be every day). As for your email issue, I have both my email accounts (yahoo and gmail) on mine with no problems.
    Welcome to the club!
    09-13-10 09:42 PM
    I also came from the 9700, after 5 years with RIM products. I have not found one single thing this i4 doesn't do very well. I keep hearing about BB email being superior, but I have to say, my gmail account is every bit as fast as my BIS mail was.
    09-13-10 09:49 PM
    I also came from the 9700, after 5 years with RIM products. I have not found one single thing this i4 doesn't do very well. I keep hearing about BB email being superior, but I have to say, my gmail account is every bit as fast as my BIS mail was.
    Plus some because you have full Exchange features, email folders, and MUCH better email rendering/HTML
    09-13-10 09:59 PM
    Google Apps is actually free unless you get the upgraded version. Very few individuals need the upgrade though.
    i thought you needed the upgraded version to use it on your phone (exchange) and the basic was just the web/PC apps
    09-13-10 10:02 PM
    i thought you needed the upgraded version to use it on your phone (exchange) and the basic was just the web/PC apps
    Nah, it's all free. If you pay, you get a bigger mail box, I think 25GB or something, and better tech support. Otherwise it's all the same.
    09-13-10 10:12 PM
    I had a BB forever. I do miss the customizations in the amount of notifications. I could set a different ringer to each email account. But I am loving my iPhone 4 even more. I have looked at the Torch, but didn't see myself switching. I love this phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 11:31 PM
    Hm. I ran into an interesting issue with my iPhone today. Maybe I'm missing something since you all are saying how the iPhone email is every bit as good as the Blackberry email. I hope you guys can help me out here.

How do you:
    Add pictures while responding to an email?
    Add pictures after you started composing an email within the email app?
    Add attachments (Files) to an email at all?

There are times I need to send pics to people not in my contacts, so I need to open their email, copy their email addy, open the pic in the photo app, choose to send as email, and paste their addy in. This is not only time consuming, but creates another email thread rather than to group it with the one I'm responding to. Annoying.
    09-14-10 09:16 PM
    Hm. I ran into an interesting issue with my iPhone today. Maybe I'm missing something since you all are saying how the iPhone email is every bit as good as the Blackberry email. I hope you guys can help me out here.

How do you:
    Add pictures while responding to an email?
    Add pictures after you started composing an email within the email app?
    Add attachments (Files) to an email at all?

There are times I need to send pics to people not in my contacts, so I need to open their email, copy their email addy, open the pic in the photo app, choose to send as email, and paste their addy in. This is not only time consuming, but creates another email thread rather than to group it with the one I'm responding to. Annoying.
    Easiest way is to start the email, press home button and go to camera roll, find the photo and open it, hold your finger down until "copy" shows up, copy, close out camera roll, re-open email app, hold finger down until "paste" shows up, paste, finish the email and send.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-15-10 at 11:03 AM.
    09-14-10 09:23 PM
    Hmmm. I also noticed that email is not as good on the iPhone as the blackberry. I get emails just fne, but replying, attaching documents and other small miscellaneous tasks are not as seamless compared to the blackberry.
    09-14-10 10:41 PM
    So i woke up this morning, and my phone was sitting in a puddle of water (please dont ask how, it was a bizarre situation..) and i need a phone. I was thinking of going to an iphone 4 from my 9700, but i know i will miss certain things, such as bbm. Judging by some peoples responses on here, they switched and never looked back! thats reassuring, but what about other phones such as android or the new windows phone 7? is it worth the wait?
    09-15-10 07:41 AM
    So i woke up this morning, and my phone was sitting in a puddle of water (please dont ask how, it was a bizarre situation..) and i need a phone. I was thinking of going to an iphone 4 from my 9700, but i know i will miss certain things, such as bbm. Judging by some peoples responses on here, they switched and never looked back! thats reassuring, but what about other phones such as android or the new windows phone 7? is it worth the wait?
    I'm not a fan of Windows phones. I've had a few Android phones and can understand the hype. I think the OS is a tad raw...and the market...meh.

I had a BB forever before my iPhone4. I am loving it and haven't looked back. There are a few quirks that are annoying (like not being able to attach a picture if you're already composing an e-mail)...but nothing that is a deal breaker for me. I enjoy having my ipod and phone in one device. I tried using my Storm2 as a media device and was frustrated by the need of 3rd party software to sync it with my media library. The iPhone 4 has a wonderful battery.

With my Droid Incredible, I had to buy the Sedio extended 1750 mah battery just to make it through one day with moderate usage.
    09-15-10 08:52 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD