Below is a screenshot of the Acid3 test in the Safari browser. Don't let RIM's PR masses fool you into thinking the PlayBook's browser is the only one in the mobile world that can hit 100/100. Of course, I have never measured the capabilities of a browser strickly on its ability to hit a perfect score on the Acid3 test because let's face it, a BBOS 5.0 browser gets a higher score on it than IE8 (which gets 20/100 respectively) and we all know IE8 blows a BB out of the water in terms of webpage rendering. lol

So, since we've been brainwashed into thinking that Acid3 perfect scores are the only real form of measurement for a browser's ability to perform, here's what iOS can do. BTW, before anyone asks, the test takes 5-6 seconds to complete both on WIFI and 3G (i.e. network makes no difference.)

Now, let the "Ya, but it doesn't have Flash!" flames roll. lol
    02-16-11 05:01 PM
    Yea Safari is a great browser.

I look at some websites that have flash and enjoy viewing it on my Droid X, but no flash is not a deal breaker for me. I like having the option, but can really care less.
    02-16-11 05:46 PM
    Mobile Safari is an excellent browser, it's buttery smooth renders nicely and loads fast but needs a major overhaul. Features like user agent, text reformatting, tabbed browsing and full screen mode would make it so much better.
    02-16-11 08:06 PM
    I've too thought that I'd miss Flash, but pretty much every news or tech site I've hit has allowed me to play the embedded videos because of the way the site has been packaged by them for a lot of mobile devices. As long as I can stream the video without issues, I have no problem with that. CB is the only site that Kevin seems not to embed the videos correctly sometimes. All the other sites I have no issues with, the video is actually displayed in the video box for the article with a proper "Play" button on it. I click it and it plays in the Media Player without issues. It's seamless.
    02-16-11 10:16 PM
    100 out of 100 on all BB6 browsers too. Imcluding on my 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 10:28 PM
    wasn't that like 6 months ago? thanks for your timely take. on a side note i decided not to invest in one of those crazy microwave ovens that are all the rage.
    02-16-11 10:31 PM

And how many BBs out in the world right now support BBOS6? Ya, that's what I thought. But it's OK, everyone will just have to buy new hardware to be able to run OS6 in the coming months. That should look good on RIM's bottom line.
    Garz likes this.
    02-16-11 11:17 PM
    And how many BBs out in the world right now support BBOS6? Ya, that's what I thought. But it's OK, everyone will just have to buy new hardware to be able to run OS6 in the coming months. That should look good on RIM's bottom line.
    Never satisfied. Your prerogative.

02-16-11 11:26 PM
    This is off topic but could not resist.

Technical Chicks are Hot !!

Thanks
    02-17-11 02:44 AM
    This is off topic but could not resist.

Technical Chicks are Hot !!

Thanks
    ^^ Bro it's a dude LOL
    02-17-11 11:36 AM

That's great. Let's see you load a full webpage faster than mobile safari or stock Android browser.

It can't happen. The hardware is too slow. (watch Kevin's comparison videos if you don't believe me)

And of course the OS6 browser is going to score 100 out of 100 on all devices with OS 6. It's the same damn browser.
    02-17-11 06:04 PM
    I just got this off my 9700 running OS6.

Many current BlackBerrys can now do this. ANY others being released will also do this.
    02-17-11 06:25 PM
    I hear you Pete, that's why I said no one should use the Acid3 test as a valid test for a browser to do anything well. IE fails the test badly, yet it renders webpages way better then BBOS6's browser. So, that's all I'm saying, just like I did in the original post.

However, one aspect that you guys need to understand is that ANY past iPhone that can run iOS4.2.x has this same capability. So far, OS6's past BB hardware support is VERY limited, so the same cannot be said for BB consumers. Having to buy new hardware to do new stuff is one of the big negatives of BB.
    02-17-11 09:43 PM

However, one aspect that you guys need to understand is that ANY past iPhone that can run iOS4.2.x has this same capability. So far, OS6's past BB hardware support is VERY limited, so the same cannot be said for BB consumers. Having to buy new hardware to do new stuff is one of the big negatives of BB.
    Ahhh so what youre saying is its okay for apple to not support all their phones with ios4.2, but its not okay for RIM to not support all their phones with os6. I see.
    02-18-11 09:53 AM
    Ahhh so what youre saying is its okay for apple to not support all their phones with ios4.2, but its not okay for RIM to not support all their phones with os6. I see.
    How many generations back does Apple support under OS4.2 and how many generations back does RIM support under OS6? Take note of the details and then you'll understand my point.

iOS is supported on the 3G, 3GS, and 4 and 2nd generation iPod Touch and up. How much further back do you want them to go? I think it's fair to say that the original 2007 iPhone is a bit old for this.

Sure, multitasking and AirPlay isn't availabe on the iPhone 3G, but that doesn't keep a 3G user from not being able to install iOS4.2 and benefit from the other advancements of the OS. RIM offers nowhere near the same type of backwards compatibility with their OSs and devices. Come on, take the blinders off just once and look around.
    02-18-11 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD