Being new to the iPhone I was surprised to notice that pressing the "emergency call" button on a locked iPhone would bring up a full keypad. However, when I dialed any number (non-emergency) including contact numbers, it would say only emergency numbers will work. Now I think this is a good thing since it keep people from being able to use your locked phone to make calls if you're not around.

Now what I find a little strange is that when the iphone is locked, you can press and hold the home button and call anyone in your contacts and even dial numbers that are not in your contacts by using the new voice calling feature in 3.0. This feature now allows anyone to be able to make calls on your phone without having to unlock your phone. Seem a little strange to me. Is there a setting I need to change? Has anyone else notice this?
    07-20-09 02:30 PM
    Never mind, I found out the answer. There is a setting in the passcode lock where you can turn voice commands to always to on and mine was set to always on. settings/general/passcode lock/

Anyway, I couldn't find anything in crackberry so if anyone else has the same question, here is the answer
    07-20-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD