Hey Everyone!

So after 5 years of berry-ing, I got an iphone. Loving it thus far, a 16gig iPhone 3GS. Came with version 3.1.3. For us noobie iphone users, can anyone posts some cool tips and tricks?
    03-08-10 10:32 AM
    Configuring your "home" button, really makes some actions much more convenient!
    03-08-10 10:38 AM
    lol ok what do you mean by that
    03-08-10 11:09 AM
    Settings --> General --> Home

You can change what double clicking the home button does. When I'm with my lil' man I usually have it set to camera for quick picture/video taking.

Other options are: Home (useless), Search, Phone Favorites & iPod.
    03-08-10 03:51 PM
    Settings --> General --> Home

You can change what double clicking the home button does. When I'm with my lil' man I usually have it set to camera for quick picture/video taking.

Other options are: Home (useless), Search, Phone Favorites & iPod.
    I have mine set to iPod, and it's very useful for me!
    03-08-10 03:54 PM
    Also... until they release a jailbreak for the new bootrom (don't even bother wondering what this is... it just means for the 3Gs that were released a couple months after the first shipment), you'll just have to chill out with a stock OS. It's pretty cool now, just gets 100Xs better with it.
    03-08-10 03:55 PM
    yeah Duvi, I've been reading about that! I hope it comes out very soon, I do miss themes like on the berry. I did find out about changing battery to a number, shaking to delete text in notes and sms. any others u guys?
    03-08-10 05:38 PM
    Press the power and home button at the same time for a screenshot. Maybe you
    didn't know that one....
    03-08-10 06:37 PM
    It's kind of hard to think of things knowing that it's not jailbroken lol
    03-08-10 06:37 PM
    Press the power and home button at the same time for a screenshot. Maybe you
    didn't know that one....
    Yes... and do not hold for a long time or that leads to another trick, hard cycle (turning the phone off).

It's kind of hard to think of things knowing that it's not jailbroken lol
    exactly... i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to do when the 4th gen iPhone gets released. unless they'll have it ready a week after since they still have a few exploits they are holding out for.
    03-08-10 08:32 PM
    lol, thanks Forever! and thanks for the warning Duvi. I was wondering how ppl posted screenshots in the other thread.
    03-09-10 10:06 AM
    yeah Duvi, I've been reading about that! I hope it comes out very soon, I do miss themes like on the berry. I did find out about changing battery to a number, shaking to delete text in notes and sms. any others u guys?
    Shaking?
    03-11-10 02:17 AM
    Shaking?
    Yep....

Type out something then change your mind?

Then pretend that suckers a baby, and poof, "Undo typing" option flies at you.

Much easier to delete it all that way.

Although, I do find holding your finger to the screen for a second and selecting the "Select all" option.

Once all the characters are highlighted, simply hit the delete button.

I find this method to be more convenient, than shaking your phone like a maniac in public.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 03-11-10 at 08:55 AM.
    03-11-10 08:52 AM
    HAHAHAHAAH !

I don't know how many times that "UNDO TYPING" thing has popped up on the screen, and I had no idea what caused it.
    03-11-10 12:35 PM
    One hint... turn off the shake to shuffle on the iPod if you use this going to the go on walks, run, or go to the gym. First time I went, it was shuffling on me every 5 seconds. Thought my iPhone was broke. lol
    03-11-10 12:43 PM
    Yep....

Type out something then change your mind?

Then pretend that suckers a baby, and poof, "Undo typing" option flies at you.

Much easier to delete it all that way.

Although, I do find holding your finger to the screen for a second and selecting the "Select all" option.

Once all the characters are highlighted, simply hit the delete button.

I find this method to be more convenient, than shaking your phone like a maniac in public.
    OH! THATS WHAT THAT IS! HAHAHA I totally didnt know, I was like WTF why is this crap keep poppin up?!
    HAHAHAHAAH !

I don't know how many times that "UNDO TYPING" thing has popped up on the screen, and I had no idea what caused it.
    +11111
    One hint... turn off the shake to shuffle on the iPod if you use this going to the go on walks, run, or go to the gym. First time I went, it was shuffling on me every 5 seconds. Thought my iPhone was broke. lol
    HAHA. I would be like STOP SHUFFLING!
    03-11-10 11:51 PM
    You know what's so funny... I'm at the gym pretty much 7 days a week & although I know what was doing it, never thought to turn that option off. Bike & treadmill being the worse. Lifting weights, it's never happened.
    03-14-10 03:13 AM
    HAHAHAHAAH !

HAHA youre not the only one! i just found out why that was happening by reading this thread too! LMAO!
    03-26-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD