Hello all, I have a few questions for al the g's members or 3g, I'm considering jumping ship.
    Now I live in LA, which my carrier will be att, as I understand MMS is not applied yet for the phone
    Till late summer. Now, what are ways around it? What features do you hate from each phone?
    What the difference from jail broken and not jailbroken?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 12:00 PM
    Yes, there is a workaround... send it by email. You can do it from your email to their email or if that recipient does not have email, you can send it from your email to their mms inbox.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ternative.html
    07-05-09 12:07 PM
    Features I hate? Honestly don't have one, I would like Gmail to push, but I have MobileMe/Yahoo and can live without it.

Well jailbroken allows a lot more customization, but also allows your device to be more vulnerable to trojans, hackers and more. I haven't heard of a case of that happening yet, but one would assume it's not as safe as buying it through iTunes... almost like downloading warez instead of purchasing the item through the company.
    07-05-09 12:09 PM
    I agree with you Duvi there aren't a lot of things I hate about the iPhone. Two things I don't really like though is no push for AOL mail, and AIM. Every time you exit AIM it has to reconnect when you re-open it. I came form the Storm myself the difference is night and day man. LOL
    07-05-09 12:20 PM
    How's the battery life it self ? Is there a feature like bbm for the Iphone yet.

07-05-09 12:26 PM
    I agree with you Duvi there aren't a lot of things I hate about the iPhone. Two things I don't really like though is no push for AOL mail, and AIM. Every time you exit AIM it has to reconnect when you re-open it. I came form the Storm myself the difference is night and day man. LOL
    There's push for aim... did you update? I've actually been using aim until BeeJive updates and fixes the disconnecting issues.
    07-05-09 12:28 PM
    How's the battery life it self ? Is there a feature like bbm for the Iphone yet.

Battery life for me isn't all that good, but I believe it's because I'm constantly on the phone while using data. Also... the apps that aren't updated for 3.0 can lead to battery dying faster. Some that haven't been updated are good, but when I only had no more than 10 apps on my device, I never saw under 40%, but after adding around 25-30 apps, I know that has to be the issue.
    07-05-09 12:30 PM
    Yeah I have the paid Version too. See here the weird part. I still get IM's when I go back to the home screen. But when I click ' View' It goes into AIM and says. ' Reconnecting. '
    07-05-09 12:31 PM
    Yeah I have the paid Version too. See here the weird part. I still get IM's when I go back to the home screen. But when I click ' View' It goes into AIM and says. ' Reconnecting. '
    Yes, that is because you are disconnect on your device, but not the server. So you get the IMs through push, but have to reconnect to view and respond. This helps conserve a lot of battery power. I noticed I could not go half a work day with BeeJive on my berry.
    07-05-09 02:15 PM
    True thanks I really never thought of that I am glad nothing is wrong I thought I was going crazy for a min.

07-05-09 02:21 PM
    It a really fun device but my 3 cons are no push email on gmail, terrible battery life, Invisible shield on back turns brown due to the device running warm.. But other than that, Its a great device
    07-05-09 02:34 PM
    Regarding no push for Gmail, how often does the phone check the Gmail server for mail? Is it like once every 15 mins ?
    07-05-09 11:04 PM
    Regarding no push for Gmail, how often does the phone check the Gmail server for mail? Is it like once every 15 mins ?
    You can set it to every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly, or manually
    07-05-09 11:48 PM
    I don't mind the reconnect for AIM using BeeJive. It loads up (the app and connection) in 1 second. I timed it.
    07-05-09 11:56 PM
    It a really fun device but my 3 cons are no push email on gmail, terrible battery life, Invisible shield on back turns brown due to the device running warm.. But other than that, Its a great device
    Turns brown?

Or do you mean ...

White iPhone 3GS Discoloration Due to Third-Party Cases, Not Overheating? - Mac Rumors

Still don't get why people think the battery life sucks. I use mine all day without dropping below 20% most of the time. If I'm in a pinch and can't plug in I just grab my Richard Solo 1800 and charge it to full in 90 minutes, no plugs.

I agree no push on gmail is annoying, but nobody that uses gmail is really important enough that they can't wait for fetch to grab their stuff. Or just switch to MobileMe/Yahoo!
    07-06-09 12:30 AM
    Agreed. Also I think that is does save battery with the non fetch e-mails that's the only good thing about it.

07-06-09 12:38 AM
    Turns brown?

Or do you mean ...

White iPhone 3GS Discoloration Due to Third-Party Cases, Not Overheating? - Mac Rumors

Still don't get why people think the battery life sucks. I use mine all day without dropping below 20% most of the time. If I'm in a pinch and can't plug in I just grab my Richard Solo 1800 and charge it to full in 90 minutes, no plugs.

I agree no push on gmail is annoying, but nobody that uses gmail is really important enough that they can't wait for fetch to grab their stuff. Or just switch to MobileMe/Yahoo!
    Only the Invisible shield turned brown.
    07-06-09 12:45 AM
    Only the Invisible shield turned brown.
    Ahh read your post wrong, sorry.

Im rockin my 3GS with the Incase Slider & no screen protector. 'Ole coating ftw.
    07-06-09 12:48 AM
    Ahh read your post wrong, sorry.

Im rockin my 3GS with the Incase Slider & no screen protector. 'Ole coating ftw.
    The IS on the screen is not the issue. Its just on the back due to the heat. Its only on my wifes. I have the black with no IS on the back so no issues for me. If she knew the IS would turn brown on the back due to the heat, I bet she would have got black.
    07-06-09 12:59 AM
    The IS on the screen is not the issue. Its just on the back due to the heat. Its only on my wifes. I have the black with no IS on the back so no issues for me. If she knew the IS would turn brown on the back due to the heat, I bet she would have got black.
    Maybe she wanted a brown iPhone
    07-06-09 01:55 AM
    Maybe she wanted a brown iPhone
    She can say hers was specially made.

07-06-09 11:09 AM
    I just switched from a BB device to the Iphone and the only con i have so far is that it would be nice to have an indicator that blinks when i receive an email, missed call, text, etc. I've only had the Iphone for a few days but overall i really like the device.
    07-07-09 08:25 AM
    Hello all, I have a few questions for al the g's members or 3g, I'm considering jumping ship.
    Now I live in LA, which my carrier will be att, as I understand MMS is not applied yet for the phone
    Till late summer. Now, what are ways around it? What features do you hate from each phone?
    What the difference from jail broken and not jailbroken?

I switched back in March and I haven't looked back yet. Yeah MMS would be nice but I have learned to live W/O it for now. My friends hate it but it's all good. LOL!!

I would say get an iPhone you won't regret it. The difference is like night and day.

Just my 2 cents.
    07-07-09 10:57 AM
    Pros- multimedia phone

cons-no real push email like Blackberry( i have hotmail, gmail, yahoo) They hit my blackberry first and then 2hrs later on iphone

tethered modem

bluetooth to other devices( only bluetooth to handsets)

MMS(which will fixed)

overheating and dont have apps on it yet

no downloading from browser(SUCKS @$$)

Only way to get it working is Jailbreaking wow seriously my 8900, dang my 8320 can do all this out of the box

I was watching TV when i saw that commercial of COPY AND PASTE, thats when i realized i made mistake. It looks like iphone quietly wants to become more like the blackberry.
    Last edited by berry009; 07-07-09 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forgot
    07-07-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD