I bought an Iphone 3gs the first day it came out... the contract doesn't end until July 2010. The plan cost $30 a month... Is it possible to switch from an iphone plan to a blackberry plan, considering they are the same price ( $30 a month) without paying a cancellation fee for the iphone?
    01-13-10 05:11 PM
    Is it a Blackberry on ATT? If so, then yes you can switch data plans whenever you
    feel like it.
    01-13-10 05:31 PM
    Yea its ATT.

Yea but what happens to the iphone plan? I don't want that plan anymore since I won't be using the Iphone anymore.

I want to basically go from Iphone > Blackberry (Iphone number being transferred over to the new blackberry, and data plan off iphone cancelled, and a data plan added on the BB)
    01-13-10 05:34 PM
    You should not have a problem with this. I have done it with my account without any cancellation fees. Of course you might not be eligible for an upgrade price on a new bberry. If you already have one just change out the sim and call ATT and tell them you want to replace the iphone plan with a bberry plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 05:39 PM
    All you're doing is putting your sim card in the Blackberry. Once you do that just
    call customer service and switch to a BB plan. I think you can even do it on your
    online account as well.
    01-13-10 05:39 PM
    Nope, I dont have the blackberry yet. I can just go to the store, purchase it, and exchange plans correct?

Edit: Where would be the best place to purchase the 9700? (I hear it costs $99 with a mail in rebate)
    01-13-10 05:40 PM
    How much is the 9700 at the moment anyways? I see it on AT&t's site for $99
    01-13-10 05:43 PM
    Nope, I dont have the blackberry yet. I can just go to the store, purchase it, and exchange plans correct?

Edit: Where would be the best place to purchase the 9700? (I hear it costs $99 with a mail in rebate)
    That's the upgrade price--you'll be paying full price for the 9700--around $500-$600, and right now, it says it's out of stock at AT&T.
    01-13-10 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD