Hey guys,
    Just wondering is there a big difference with the 3GS and the ip4 running OS4?
    I got a new 3GS today 32GB for 150.00 new couldn't pass on that deal. Now i was thinking of selling it and getting the Ip4 when it comes to Canada. Do you guys that it's a huge change? I don't really care about the battery since it will be my second line and pretty much only use it at night or weekends.

What's you opinion 3GS and Ip4??

thanks
    07-02-10 02:20 PM
    The biggest thing for me is the higher resolution screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 01:01 AM
    Yea I was reading on that and also seen some videos on YouTube.... Is it really that much of a difference?

The biggest thing for me is the higher resolution screen.

07-03-10 01:14 AM
    the iPhone 4 has 4 times the pixels for much improved screen resolution, much improved battery life, 5MP camera with HD video recording, Facetime and the list goes on
    07-07-10 02:05 PM
    I used iOS 4 for about 3 days before I got my iPhone 4 and there is a difference
    with the things that are described above. One for me is that the OS seems to run
    a bit smoother than it did on the 3GS. But I think it's due to the faster processor
    so it's probably just my imagination.
    07-07-10 02:14 PM
    I used iOS 4 for about 3 days before I got my iPhone 4 and there is a difference
    with the things that are described above. One for me is that the OS seems to run
    a bit smoother than it did on the 3GS. But I think it's due to the faster processor
    so it's probably just my imagination.
    It's definitely faster. I played around with my friend's i4 for a bit. Although the difference isn't as big as going from 3G to 3GS, it is noticeable and I expect that as more apps take advantage of the freeze frame function, it will become more noticeable with the larger memory. Also, if you use multiple tabs in Safari, again, very noticeable since it doesn't reload the pages constantly.

Most people may think it's not a big deal, but for me, it's huge. I'm by nature impatient and hate waiting for even an extra half second for something to happen. One of the best things about iPhone has always been the smoothness of the OS, and i4 is a definite improvement which IMHO, is very noticeable.

Also, iOS 4 on 3GS slows it down a bit, and I'm half thinking about going back to 3.1 because I hate the constant reloading of Safari pages.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-07-10 at 02:32 PM.
    07-07-10 02:30 PM
    Well, you may want to go to an Apple store and look at the screen. I have heard that it is awesome, also the video quality of the phone is really, good examples on YouTube - also, the reception is a little buggy. I have heard that the phone feels very solid in your hand. Also, the iPhone 4 is a lot faster, especially with the a4 chip. If I where you, I would stick with the 3gs and wait for the next iPhone.
    07-07-10 02:57 PM
    Yea I was reading on that and also seen some videos on YouTube.... Is it really that much of a difference?

Yes. It has 4x the amount of pixels in the exact same sized screen. THe screen is absolutely gorgeous.

The device is also faster. You don't care about the battery, but it is much much better. The call quality is also very nice (used my friends).
    07-07-10 03:06 PM
    thanks guys. i haven't played with one till now...still waiting for release date ( Canada ) But i really think I am going to be getting the Iphone 4. Can't let go of my BB for the every day use but would love it for my second personal line... i been using the 3GS a lot lately when i get home and really enjoy the apps and web. Can't wait till it comes here. Any of you guys seen live or experience the bad signal they are talking about?
    07-07-10 03:34 PM
    I actually just went back to the 3GS from iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is hot, I just couldn't justify extending 2 contracts for 2 more years with AT&T with that hefty ETF fee. Although, I don't plan on leaving AT&T anytime soon, I just don't want to have that fee just in case something comes up. Each carrier I left was the spur of the moment and who knows what'll happen in the next couple months. But the iPhone 4 screen is the best and front facing camera is nice and a bit faster than the 3GS because of 512 ram so overall it's a much better device but I'll stick with the 3GS until next year's model and see what happens then. For now, iOS 4 will do. If I unexpectedly come into some money I'd buy it off contract though.
    07-07-10 05:07 PM
    I think the iPhone 4 is a huge upgrade from the 3gs definitely worth it
    07-07-10 05:23 PM
    Had a G3 for a while before I got the i4, and the described changes are true. The resolution is OUTSTANDING, and this thing is smoking fast compared to the 3G.
    07-07-10 06:29 PM
    Had a G3 for a while before I got the i4, and the described changes are true. The resolution is OUTSTANDING, and this thing is smoking fast compared to the 3G.
    Yeah it's a no brainer upgrade over the 3G and a nice upgrade over the 3GS. No doubt about it.

When I took my phone back, of course the apple guy asked me "was there anything wrong with the device". And I told him "no, I just don't want to extend my contract with AT&T, so I'm going back to my 3GS". His response was, "Yeah, AT&T is a little sketchy". Although AT&T being so called "sketchy" isn't the reason I don't want to extend, I did find that interesting. By december all 5 of my lines will be free and I'll be able to do what I want without cost. And I just can't make the commitment with all the devices coming out and of course the iPhone to VZW rumors that will never stop until it actually happens.
    07-07-10 07:00 PM
    Night and Day IMO. My 3GS did increase in
    speed, but the i4 seems to be more instant
    and loading is never a thought for me when
    using it.
    07-08-10 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD