3g around 200 range would be fine.... no contract, when new one comes out try it out and if not much differences just keep the one.
    01-16-10 05:12 PM
    Hoping to find a 3g under 300 or so...would prefer around 200 range. most likely going to have it unlocked and used on a local carrier, from reading other forums there seems to be no problem using it on cincy bell. Will have access to internet (not fastest) but for the number of people I know who use it, and majority of my calls goto them itll be good. 500 minutes, unlimited text & data @$48 plus taxes
    01-17-10 01:20 PM
    Before this week i would have advice to wait but all the good stuffs like multitasking will be available for the 3G/3GS... So the only thing they can add is better processor and better battery, the 3GS is really fast and i don't think the new iPhone will have huge difference like the one between 3G and 3GS...

But we never know maybe the new iPhone will be very different...
    01-20-10 04:59 AM
    as for the 3gs or 3g....the network Ill be using within cincybell Im not 100% sure that the 3g will have the 3g speeds. I spoke with a rep from cbw and they informed me that their 3g is still in the upcoming stages, and she had an iphone with the network and it worked well. Its the not fastest when loading pages and what not but it works
    01-21-10 07:17 AM
    i would wait....within 5-6 months the new iphone will come out.....

why pay for the 3gs and get a 2 yr contract when the new one is about to be here....

that's my honest opinion
    Well there's no indication that a new iPhone will come out in 6 months. The next new iPhone that comes out will probably be a 4G iPhone and I doubt that will be available for quite some time (no company's networks will have widespread 4G penetration within 6 months).

Verizon has even said that its 4G network won't start accepting handsets till 2011, and then after that, Verizon won't even really pursue smartphones aggressively since it feels its 3G network is powerful enough to handle whatever smartphones can throw at it. source: Verizon Wireless reveals another LTE vendor

In my view, waiting for a new iPhone to come out is kind of an exercise in futility. A new iPhone is always going to come out that makes the old one seem obsolete. That's how companies like Apple make their money. If you keep waiting for the "next one to come out" then you will be waiting indefinitely. Just bite the bullet and get the one that is out now (3GS). The original iPhone 3G's are also on sale now for $100 off, so they're a pretty good deal.

Since nobody knows when the iPhone will come to Verizon (if ever), there's no point in waiting it out. First people thought the iPhone would come to Verizon in 2008. Then they thought it would come to Verizon in 2009. Now they think it will come in 2010. It's not worth your time to make your purchasing decisions based on the often-inaccurate rumor mill.
    Last edited by mdude85; 01-22-10 at 02:05 PM.
    01-22-10 01:54 PM
    I would wait till the new 4g iphone came out on VZW this summer. I would stick with VZW. Nope I don't get paid either.
    You think its comin out?
    01-22-10 09:05 PM
    It depends what you want from your phone. There is always going to be a new phone you just have to decide if you are happy with what it offers now. If you don't really need the iPhone then wait and see what Apple comes up with. But otherwise just get it. You will not regret it.
    01-24-10 06:01 AM
    i think you should wait. the 4g iphone looks awesome.
    02-19-10 12:17 AM
    Well there's no indication that a new iPhone will come out in 6 months. The next new iPhone that comes out will probably be a 4G iPhone and I doubt that will be available for quite some time (no company's networks will have widespread 4G penetration within 6 months).

Verizon has even said that its 4G network won't start accepting handsets till 2011, and then after that, Verizon won't even really pursue smartphones aggressively since it feels its 3G network is powerful enough to handle whatever smartphones can throw at it. source: Verizon Wireless reveals another LTE vendor

In my view, waiting for a new iPhone to come out is kind of an exercise in futility. A new iPhone is always going to come out that makes the old one seem obsolete. That's how companies like Apple make their money. If you keep waiting for the "next one to come out" then you will be waiting indefinitely. Just bite the bullet and get the one that is out now (3GS). The original iPhone 3G's are also on sale now for $100 off, so they're a pretty good deal.

Since nobody knows when the iPhone will come to Verizon (if ever), there's no point in waiting it out. First people thought the iPhone would come to Verizon in 2008. Then they thought it would come to Verizon in 2009. Now they think it will come in 2010. It's not worth your time to make your purchasing decisions based on the often-inaccurate rumor mill.
    Best Post In this thead. Makes total sense.

This is what I have been trying to say, 4 G I-phone? Oh yeah on what freaking netowork? What are we going to start selling 4g iphones on a network that isnt even capable of WIDESPREAD 4g yet? no.

Sorry guys but im waiting for the 7G I-phone to come out before i buy one... Sounds pretty stupid doesnt it?

Also this whole VZW getting the 4-g i-phone is nothing but pure BS as of now.
    02-19-10 01:30 AM
    You should wait until this summer, because the 4G will be coming out. The droid is also a good alternative.
    02-21-10 02:51 PM
    Best Post In this thead. Makes total sense.

This is what I have been trying to say, 4 G I-phone? Oh yeah on what freaking netowork? What are we going to start selling 4g iphones on a network that isnt even capable of WIDESPREAD 4g yet? no.

Sorry guys but im waiting for the 7G I-phone to come out before i buy one... Sounds pretty stupid doesnt it?

Also this whole VZW getting the 4-g i-phone is nothing but pure BS as of now.
    I use 4G meaning FOURTH GENERATION
    02-21-10 02:52 PM
    Since it is so close to summer, which is when Apple announces their new iPhones, I would just wait and buy it then. It's definitely going to be overall better than the 3GS. And even if you don't want/need the new hardware that the 4G will offer, it's better to wait after it's released and the 3GS prices go down.
    02-21-10 02:58 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD