07-01-09 11:18 AM
62 123
tools
    what kind of case do you have , i got the tuff skin thing with the belt clip

its fine but seems a bit bulky, I need a belt clip
    I riding naked right now. I was thinking of getting a vaja case, but I lost the $200 I had won to buy it.
    06-29-09 09:39 PM
    Hmm... maybe your device is defective.

I love my iPhone due to:

* no memory leaks
    * messaging app is awesome... threaded sms, mms, audio, contact cards
    * screen size is awesome
    * browser is unmatchable... even the Pre isn't on the iPhone's level
    * an app for everything, literally and they are either free or very cheap compared to bb versions
    * 3.0mp cam better than the 3.2mp 8900/95XX have. You're into photography? That's a plus for you
    * 30fps video recording + editing + ability to send straight to YouTube (YouTube uploads are up 400%)
    * Email... true HTML email. It's a beauty to read them off my device
    * Charges a lot faster than the Bold. In fact, it charges faster than all BBs after the Pearl
    * 32gb of storage in which over 100+ apps can be installed with no problems and no lag
    * iPod. I was going to leave it out as I don't use it for music/movies.

Docs2Go is a perfect example. It's $5 for the iPhone and $70 for the BlackBerry/
    Shazam is another. Free for iPhone (plus links to watch YouTube of that song) and $5 for the BlackBerry.

This right here is why I can't give up my iPhone 3G. I love the true HTML email. It looks like I am viewing it right on my laptop Plus some of the apps offered are just awesome. I get so tired of hearing people say the iPhone is nothing more than an expensive toy. I have used many phones including blackberry, over the years, and the iPhone is hands down the winner imho with viewing email, and web pages. Plus when you tap something on the screen it works...it simply works...i don't have to keep double tapping, triple tapping, or pounding it on the pavement to get something to work
    06-29-09 10:05 PM
    It's worth if it works. Hint: BeeJive. BeeJive on the iPhone runs like crap. Ask me how I know. Besides professional users don't buy apps. Last time I checked the attorneys I sometimes work with don't buy "apps" for their Blackberrys. It's simply not geared toward the professional market.

Further, while full HTML support would be nice, professional users aren't exactly looking at e-mails which are HTML-rich. The key is to communicate and that's what Blackberrys excel at. Go to sleep!
    I can honestly and easily say I'd win typing on my iPhone. I have yet to lose on the iPhone. I do not need to press down; all I have to do is glide over the keypad. Guess what else? Most of my words come up prior to me completing them and all I have to do is hit space rather than typing it out.

Also... BeeJive is definitely better on the iPhone. Trust me, I use both consistently. I'm looking at both right now. Try going a whole day with BeeJive running on the Berry... not happening. With the iPhone, I have push

Business users do use Docs2Go... guess what? It's $65 cheaper on the iPhone.

Medical apps? Oh yeah, the iPhone has free ones. Try to find one anywhere near from for the BlackBerry.

Remote desktop? Yes it's $40 for BlackBerry and $6 for iPhone.

I could go on with apps, but I believe I made my point there.

Emails.. with exchange, or mobileme, there is no difference except the iPhone has real HTML email. Advantage = iPhone

Messaging... Threaded sms/mms/audio/contacts. Once again, advantage = iPhone

Camera? iPhone. I mention this because those in real estate can take good quality pics and then send them to perspective buyers or even partners (one partner may be on the other side of the country).

Voice dial? Yes it actually works on the iPhone.

Memory? Yes, I don't have to worry about having too many messages where my call logs, sms and other things would delete by themselves on the iPhone. On my bold, I try to keep it to a couple of apps and delete sms/email constantly.
    06-29-09 10:26 PM
    It's worth if it works. Hint: BeeJive. BeeJive on the iPhone runs like crap. Ask me how I know. Besides professional users don't buy apps. Last time I checked the attorneys I sometimes work with don't buy "apps" for their Blackberrys. It's simply not geared toward the professional market.

Further, while full HTML support would be nice, professional users aren't exactly looking at e-mails which are HTML-rich. The key is to communicate and that's what Blackberrys excel at. Go to sleep!
    Congrats, BIS users get screwed on apps. Go to sleep? I'm not your child.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 10:40 PM

Ask you cause you know? New attorney here and I GREATLY beg to differ and agree with Duvi's post above. I still use plenty of apps- twitter to keep up with tech blogs, IM because I still have a life outside of work, google voice app, docs 2 go, even the federal rules of civil procedure, evidence, etc. And ALL of them are at LEAST 75% cheaper on the iphone than Blackberry.

"Professional users aren't exactly looking at emails which are HTML-rich?" Maybe you PERSONALLY but far from ALL PROFESSIONALS sorry to tell you. You seem to have very skewed views of what "professionals" are and do.

Im glad you "think" you know what a "professional" wants but youre dead wrong. Despite what you think people have lives outside of their job they use their mobile devices for.
    06-29-09 10:57 PM
    Apps are insanely priced on bb the same beejive chat app is 9.99 and on bb 19.99 lol i font get that at all
    06-30-09 07:44 AM
    Apps are insanely priced on bb the same beejive chat app is 9.99 and on bb 19.99 lol i font get that at all
    $20 if you never switch BBs (including lost/stolen, warranty or upgrades). $30 to be able to interchange from one bb to another. The $9.99 covers the multiple devices I've used. So far I believe I've used it on 5 devices.
    06-30-09 08:14 AM
    Sick pricing stuff
    06-30-09 10:56 AM
    Sorry, bud. iPhone's not outperforming anything. I can out e-mail you, out-last you(battery), out SMS you, out-everything you with my Bold. I have an iPhone too. Both phones are great but please stop with the "my iPhone is 5x more effective"

BS

If what you said is true, then I suppose the President of the United States would be on an iPhone wouldn't he?
    True professionals drive Audi's anyways, they also don't use SMS. The one that kills me is out-everything you hahaha, nice!

True professionals are NEVER on T-Mobile either regardless.. the iPhone isn't for everyone.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-30-09 at 01:38 PM.
    06-30-09 01:36 PM
    well I have officially given up on iphone , email is just too honking slow and no free push email .. its just not a business phone. too much of a toy. I don't care what people will say. BB is best. Phone up for sale.

No Threaded Email
    No Push Email
    No MSN ( got to pay for external app )
    No Blackberry Messenger
    No keyboard
    No compressed data
    Too Big ... my opinion
    Radio Signal strength is weak
    In NON 3G areas 3G signal drains battery fast, where BB does not
    Playing simple 2 min Video Drains battery fast, not so on BB

I am sure there are plenty more .. these are my reasons
    (tried to get used to it) too many negatives out way the app store.)
    Last edited by vx1; 06-30-09 at 09:46 PM.
    06-30-09 09:19 PM
    Sorry, bud. iPhone's not outperforming anything. I can out e-mail you, out-last you(battery), out SMS you, out-everything you with my Bold. I have an iPhone too. Both phones are great but please stop with the "my iPhone is 5x more effective"

BS

If what you said is true, then I suppose the President of the United States would be on an iPhone wouldn't he?
    Pretty sure Obama isn't smart enough to use an iPhone.
    07-01-09 11:06 AM
    LoL too funny.
    07-01-09 11:18 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD