im sorry but thats bull...everyone knows the iphones battery doesnt last that long...you obviously dont use your phone.
    But have you owned an iPhone or played with one?
    06-28-09 08:12 PM
    But have you owned an iPhone or played with one?

you have to agree though that 2.5 days is pushing it I think the iPhone gets great battery life but 2.5 days not so much..
    06-28-09 08:27 PM
    The blackberry OZ will b a game changer you want see changes wait till this thing comes out WOW!
    06-28-09 08:30 PM
    you have to agree though that 2.5 days is pushing it I think the iPhone gets great battery life but 2.5 days not so much..
    I just wanted to ask him as he says "people say..." and never "when I had the phone, it..."

I honestly wouldn't know. I always have it plugged in. Could depend on what is being done/used on the device.
    06-28-09 08:39 PM
    I just wanted to ask him as he says "people say..." and never "when I had the phone, it..."

I honestly wouldn't know. I always have it plugged in. Could depend on what is being done/used on the device.

with my edge version I was typically getting 1 work day of use with the battery.. thats the edge version though.. thats with surfing the internet email listening to music 8 am tell you know about 9-10 at night

my current friend with a 3gs makes it through the day for the most part but charges every night.. there is some current dumb phones that don't make 2.5 days so I just have a really hard time thinking that the thing could make it 2.5 days if your actually using it even lightly using it. There is no doubt in my mind though that apple did a good job with making the battery last..
    06-28-09 08:46 PM
    For me the storm was a huge let down. I never upgraded to leaked OS and kept with the official. Waited for months and months, got the new official upgrade and still couldn't deal with it. There are a lot of things I liked about it but then I realized how bad it really is. I have had several blackberries then an iphone, moved out of an ATT area then got the storm. I found that the storm seemed to just be slow overall, even on EVDO. It worked well at times but just never really worked like the iphone. Then on Sat I bought the 3GS after I found out ATT upgraded my area. Night and day! It's so fast. even faster then the old iphone I had. I'm not a fan boy. I just want a mobile device that works well. The iphone with push for exchange is all I really need and now thats on there as well (original iphone didn't have it when I had it). Little things like the camera actually being able to take pics rather than planning ahead to snap the photo cause of the delay. Facebook apps for instance is 1000% better. I'm keeping my verizon line and prob just forward the calls to the iphone for now so I can have both coverages. EDGE for me seems like it always works well, when using the storm it always sat there for a long time then worked fast. could be my area as well. 3G on ATT is really fast. Glad I made the switch. I just feel RIM dropped the ball on the storm, and the outdated OS. I even paid full retail for the storm.. ouch!
    06-28-09 09:46 PM
    i got to play with the iphone this past weekend, and i have to say the compass feature is pretty badass, also how google map loads is pretty sweet, way better looking than my storm

so many other cool things, even the app store icons seemed to load faster on network coverage.

if it wasnt for all the things that verizon had over att i would switch
    06-28-09 10:10 PM
    I just bought an iphone 2 days ago after much hesitation, mostly because I've been hanging out on crackberry and getting biased opinions...anyway, I can hardly put the dang thing down. I'm coming from a dumbphone, so take my opinion for what you paid. I don't see what the big deal is about push email. I can program the thing to go fetch every 15 minutes, that's more than enough for me (this is a consumer device for me, not business). As far as battery life goes, I finally came to the realization that I am never far from a power source, so the battery life of 1 day full days use for me is fine. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this thing, but so far it's got me wondering how I ever lived without it.
    06-28-09 10:45 PM
    I just bought an iphone 2 days ago after much hesitation, mostly because I've been hanging out on crackberry and getting biased opinions...anyway, I can hardly put the dang thing down. I'm coming from a dumbphone, so take my opinion for what you paid. I don't see what the big deal is about push email. I can program the thing to go fetch every 15 minutes, that's more than enough for me (this is a consumer device for me, not business). As far as battery life goes, I finally came to the realization that I am never far from a power source, so the battery life of 1 day full days use for me is fine. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this thing, but so far it's got me wondering how I ever lived without it.

thats kind of the point that I go along with.. each person has there own needs...

for what it sounds like the iPhone is a fit for you the iPhone accels at things that bb's dont and bb's accel at things that iPhones don't..

its a pick for what you need..
    06-28-09 11:12 PM
    i got to play with the iphone this past weekend, and i have to say the compass feature is pretty badass, also how google map loads is pretty sweet, way better looking than my storm

so many other cool things, even the app store icons seemed to load faster on network coverage.

if it wasnt for all the things that verizon had over att i would switch

I have to agree the compass looks cool but honestly speaking how many times will anyone use it?

I mean gps with map's more then gets you were you need to go..

I mean I guess there will be some people who think its cool for camping or something but in everyday life really do you need a compass?

keep in mind I am not asking sarcastically I am asking honestly to anyone will they ever really use the compass.. and don't just say yes because its cool say honestly..
    06-28-09 11:13 PM
    I have no comment on this because I've never had a BB 8900, so I can't compare. But hey, the iPhone is NOT for everyone.
    06-28-09 11:22 PM
    I have to agree the compass looks cool but honestly speaking how many times will anyone use it?

I mean gps with map's more then gets you were you need to go..

I mean I guess there will be some people who think its cool for camping or something but in everyday life really do you need a compass?

keep in mind I am not asking sarcastically I am asking honestly to anyone will they ever really use the compass.. and don't just say yes because its cool say honestly..
    The compass adds so much more than the compass app.
    It will greatly improve the GPS and any apps written to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:26 PM
    The compass adds so much more than the compass app.
    It will greatly improve the GPS and any apps written to use it.

Correct. Before the compass, maps always had me facing the wrong way. With it, I'm facing the right way every time.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:38 PM
    Correct. Before the compass, maps always had me facing the wrong way. With it, I'm facing the right way every time.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com

see this is what seemed to be not mentioned..

this makes more sense..

the whole show of the digital compass was kind of like are you kidding me>?

what you just said is how they should have advertised it..
    06-29-09 02:02 AM
    see this is what seemed to be not mentioned..

this makes more sense..

the whole show of the digital compass was kind of like are you kidding me>?

what you just said is how they should have advertised it..
    Well they did something right after all they sold alot of them the processor and the voice control as well as the battery upgrade is awesome everything else is a added perk to me.

06-29-09 02:36 AM
    It's all good now battery and all the phone wipe cured all
    getting full signal
    06-29-09 07:14 AM
    It's all good now battery and all the phone wipe cured all
    getting full signal
    Glad the battery life is improving. That is the first thing I did when I got my phone; format and reinstall the OS.
    06-29-09 09:04 AM
    what kind of case do you have , i got the tuff skin thing with the belt clip

its fine but seems a bit bulky, I need a belt clip
    06-29-09 11:13 AM
    One of the things that really suprised me the most about the iPhone is the fact that it doesn't let you mess with the settings of the keyboard the way that the storm did.

06-29-09 11:30 AM
    what kind of case do you have , i got the tuff skin thing with the belt clip

its fine but seems a bit bulky, I need a belt clip
    I have a couple of cases made by Benza. Great quality at a fair price. I really like the vertical.

Apple iPhone 3G Cases by Beyza Cases | Leather PDA Cases, Smartphone Cases, iPod Cases, iPhone Cases | Leather Case and Sleeve
    06-29-09 05:19 PM
    Sorry, bud. iPhone's not outperforming anything. I can out e-mail you, out-last you(battery), out SMS you, out-everything you with my Bold. I have an iPhone too. Both phones are great but please stop with the "my iPhone is 5x more effective"

BS

If what you said is true, then I suppose the President of the United States would be on an iPhone wouldn't he?

I have a BB and the iphone 3gs. The iphone out performs it 5x or more. The email does need some work but it like night and day viewing web pages.. The apps are way better and love the wifi. I guess you just don't have good service in your area but i can view web pages while my blackberry is still loading...

The iphone 3gs is the best made right now. I can say this since I have a blackberry and also the iphone

The battery is the same as my blackberry except I can leave both of them on the nightstand and by morning the BB will have 40% gone and iphone will have 30% gone..
    06-29-09 05:38 PM
    I'd also like to figure out where your "5x" figure comes from. You like your phone--that's fine but don't be making outrageous statements
    06-29-09 05:47 PM
    Sorry, bud. iPhone's not outperforming anything. I can out e-mail you, out-last you(battery), out SMS you, out-everything you with my Bold. I have an iPhone too. Both phones are great but please stop with the "my iPhone is 5x more effective"

BS

If what you said is true, then I suppose the President of the United States would be on an iPhone wouldn't he?
    +100

Blackberry > iPhone for everything except maybe browsing web pages.
    06-29-09 05:57 PM
    +100

Blackberry > iPhone for everything except maybe browsing web pages.
    For you. Not for everyone. BBs are suppose to be the ultimate email device yet it can't even handle HTML properly. And yes BBs are good at a lot of things, like having to pay 10x more for the same app on the iPhone.

06-29-09 07:07 PM
    It's worth if it works. Hint: BeeJive. BeeJive on the iPhone runs like crap. Ask me how I know. Besides professional users don't buy apps. Last time I checked the attorneys I sometimes work with don't buy "apps" for their Blackberrys. It's simply not geared toward the professional market.

Further, while full HTML support would be nice, professional users aren't exactly looking at e-mails which are HTML-rich. The key is to communicate and that's what Blackberrys excel at. Go to sleep!

For you. Not for everyone. BBs are suppose to be the ultimate email device yet it can't even handle HTML properly. And yes BBs are good at a lot of things, like having to pay 10x more for the same app on the iPhone.

06-29-09 08:11 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD